ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICT-Short Term Staff Partner-Employed & work from home i

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mgupta
Newly Registered

ICT-Short Term Staff Partner-Employed & work from home i

Post by mgupta » Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Hello,
I am currently in India and my employer is a A-rated sponsor and I am applying for ICT-Short term staff visa through them for myself; and ICT-Short term staff-Partner & child visa for my husband and 1.5yrs old daughter respectively.

My husband is also currently working in India in a different company than mine but would like to accompany me as my dependant. We have mentioned the same in his visa application (that he is currently employed & that my daughter will accompany him and me to UK).

My husband's employer has agreed for him to work from home from UK provided he will continue to be regarded as working from home in India and thus will be paid Indian salary as usual and also he must not claim any travel related expenses from his company. We are fine with this arrangement as my husband will be able to take care of my daughter as he will be at home while I am away at work.

In the UKBA website we have not found any document requirements for dependant visa in lieu of this scenario (employed husband accompanying wife on ICT as dependant) and hence are clueless whether my husband's & daughter's visa will be approved.

Please help me understand what documentary evidence is required for him to travel as my dependant to UK and work from home from UK for his Indian employer.

We have the visa appointment tomorrow and are including following documents for his & my daughter's application:

1) Letter from 'A' rated sponsor (my employer) stating they will support my dependants financially for the first one month in UK
2) Approval letter from UK HR approving our travel budget requirements (accomodation & living expense for one month)
3) Original marriage certificate
4) Original birth certificate of my daughter
5) Original Graduate degree certificate of my husband
6) My husband's original appointment letter from his current company.
7) My husband's 12 months bank statements and last 6 months payslips.
8) My husband's ITRV and Form 16 for last 3 years
9) Passports (husband & daughter)

Please help!! I cannot afford their visa getting rejected. If there are any grounds on which either of their visa can be rejected, then please guide me before our visa appointment tomorrow.

Thank you!!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Why do you think you need to submit so many documents relating to your dependant - for the application to be successful? Having done a brief overview, I can't see any question asking for dependant's employment (status) or qualifications or bank balance or income in the application form.

I suggest that you read through the Tier 2 policy guidance, Policy guidance on dependants of points-based system migrants and the relevant application forms and associated guidances.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mgupta
Newly Registered

ICT-Short Term Staff Partner-Employed & work from home

Post by mgupta » Wed May 23, 2012 5:23 am

Hi sushdmehta,

Thanks a lot for replying to my query. Appreciate your time.

In the online application of VAF10, section 6 (Employment and Finances), Dependents are asked
"Are you employed? " If yes, then it asks "Present Job" , "Company" and "Start Date of the Job".
Also VAF10 of my daughter, section 4 (Father travelling with child applicant - Employment"), there is again questions about my husband employment such as Job title, name and location of company.

Thats why my company's travel desk has suggested to include my husband's appointment letter and payslips.

And my travel desk is asking for either Leave letter or NOC (no objection certificate) from my husband's company for visa to be successfull. My husband's company is very well known MNC and they refused to give NOC. Leave letter is not possible (atleast for next 3 months) because his company is fine with "work from home" from UK.

Please suggest whether I should still go ahead today afternoon with the visa appointment.

SOM73
BANNED

Post by SOM73 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:53 am

Hi mgupta,
For ICT Short & Long term for main applicant, you need to provide 12 months Salary Account bank statement ( Hard copy only ) (Bank Statements should be stamped and signed by Bank personal on every page)

12 Months Salary slip ( Should be stamped and signed by Account dept or HR )

Graduation marks cards, Graduation degree certificate

Indian employer reference letter stating your salary, designation, date of joining, employee name and employee id etc

Point Based Calculator from UKBA site

Also check your COS given by your sponsor whether your sponsor has ticked "yes" option for Maintainance.

Also include 3 or 4 marriage photos.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ICT-Short Term Staff Partner-Employed & work from ho

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 23, 2012 9:26 am

mgupta wrote:In the online application of VAF10, section 6 (Employment and Finances), Dependents are asked
"Are you employed? " If yes, then it asks "Present Job" , "Company" and "Start Date of the Job".
Also VAF10 of my daughter, section 4 (Father travelling with child applicant - Employment"), there is again questions about my husband employment such as Job title, name and location of company.
Ah!
I am surprised that the paper form doesn't ask for such information but the online form does!

That said, even if it does, does the online application form or any associated guidance asks the (dependant) applicant to provide documentary evidences that you have listed?
mgupta wrote:Thats why my company's travel desk has suggested to include my husband's appointment letter and payslips.
Company travel desks are known to take this approach, but they are completely wrong in suggesting that you need any such documentary evidences relating to the dependant - unless the application form or associated guidance specifically states that such documentary evidences must be submitted.

See also simantadatta's case.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mgupta
Newly Registered

Post by mgupta » Wed May 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks for your response!

We submitted all 3 of our visa applications today at Bangalore VFS. Keeping our fingers crossed and hoping they'll get approved.

I'll keep the outcome of my case posted to this site for completeness.
Thanks again for your time and opinion.

mgupta
Newly Registered

Post by mgupta » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:47 am

Hi All,

All three of our visas have been approved without any queries about NoC.
So thanks for all your advice.

The only thing that went wrong in our case is that we told my husband's company that we need NoC from them; the HR obviously got intimidated and they withdrew the work from home option for one year from my husband. So it was a bad move on our part to approach my husband's company for NoC letter just because my employer was playing it safe or was just plain ignorant.

Thanks for your timely help, Sushdmehta!!!

sunnyraj143
Newly Registered

my wife VISA as ICT short term staff partner

Post by sunnyraj143 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi,

I was also going through same set of questions which you went through last year while applying for ur husband VISA.

With my fingers crossed I have applied for my wife VISA as ICT short term staff partner.

I would like to know whether she is allowed to work part time in UK or not?

She has already resigned from her current job in India.

pradeepg
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by pradeepg » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:43 pm

mgupta wrote:Hi All,

All three of our visas have been approved without any queries about NoC.
So thanks for all your advice.

The only thing that went wrong in our case is that we told my husband's company that we need NoC from them; the HR obviously got intimidated and they withdrew the work from home option for one year from my husband. So it was a bad move on our part to approach my husband's company for NoC letter just because my employer was playing it safe or was just plain ignorant.

Thanks for your timely help, Sushdmehta!!!
Hi

I am exactly in the same situations as yours.

Just two questions.

Did you provide any document for your Husband, related to his WFH or Leave from work?
Did you provide any accomodation proof for dependents? is it mandatory?