ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rag2richies
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by rag2richies » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
sidcostas wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:And FINALLY a good news from me :)

I received my Permanent Residence Card this morning! So the long long wait is finally over!

Im so happy for you Forza, if it keeps going the way it is then my Biometric PR should arrive in exactly 4 weeks from this date. Most people are taking 5 months exactly and yours taken 5 months and 2 weeks if I'm correct? I have applied 4 months and 1 week ago. Forza go celebrate with a trip, Im dreaming of that. haha
Congratulations again xx
Thanks a lot sidcostas! I think when HO introduced that new biometrics application it initially slowed the process down. But hopefully once March applications are over then they will speed up the process.

I wish I'd received my PR last week as my favourite cousin's wedding was on Saturday, 5 September and the PR dated the same day and received this morning...

I hope you won't wait for another 4 weeks and receive yours the soonest!

Hi Forza, Congratulation and I am sure you can sleep very well now and relax hahahaha . How you feeling now holding your PR? Do you receive a separate Biometric card and also have a sticker on your passport? I applied on the same form with my eea wife and they only asked me to provide biometric and we hope they will get it done within 4-8weeks....

Misssomer
Newly Registered

Post by Misssomer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:47 am

Hello Guys,

My documents were returned this morning and the PR Card will be delivered within 10 days.

My timeline:

Documents received by the HO: 13/05/2015
Biometrics: 19/05/2015
COA: 05/06/2015
Documents returned with approval letter: 03/11/2015

It' was almost a 5 month and 3 week wait. Put for me it's finally over.

I need the help of someone from here. My life in the UK test certificate was not sent back to me. How do I request that document back so that I can apply for citzenship next year without needing o take the test again. Is there a phone number I can call to request this document back, or an email address I can write to?

Thanks guys for your support, it was great having this community, and if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask me.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:41 pm

Misssomer wrote:Hello Guys,

My documents were returned this morning and the PR Card will be delivered within 10 days.

My timeline:

I need the help of someone from here. My life in the UK test certificate was not sent back to me. How do I request that document back so that I can apply for citzenship next year without needing o take the test again. Is there a phone number I can call to request this document back, or an email address I can write to?

Thanks guys for your support, it was great having this community, and if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask me.
OMG @ Misssomer, i'm so pleased and happy that you have finally got your Approval letter, and the PR might still come today as it happened to me. You didn't have to sent the uk language test to apply for PR, I have not sent it, anyway if they haven't given it back to you it means they have it on your file there, I don't think you would need to send it again. Give them a call with your case reference ready and ask 0300 123 2253. Really glad it worked out well for you.

Misssomer
Newly Registered

Post by Misssomer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:40 pm

sidcostas wrote:

My timeline:

OMG @ Misssomer, i'm so pleased and happy that you have finally got your Approval letter, and the PR might still come today as it happened to me. You didn't have to sent the uk language test to apply for PR, I have not sent it, anyway if they haven't given it back to you it means they have it on your file there, I don't think you would need to send it again. Give them a call with your case reference ready and ask 0300 123 2253. Really glad it worked out well for you.
Hello Sidcostas...

It's such a relief, what a wait. Thank you so much for the phone number, I have been looking for it everywhere. It's not an English test, it was my Life in The UK test certificate that they didn't return.

X

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Misssomer wrote:
sidcostas wrote:

My timeline:

Hello Sidcostas...

It's such a relief, what a wait. Thank you so much for the phone number, I have been looking for it everywhere. It's not an English test, it was my Life in The UK test certificate that they didn't return.

X
Yeah sorry the life in the UK test is the one I meant, I haven't even made that test yet! This is not needed to apply for PR, only for naturalisation, anyway give them a call and they will be able to clarify that to you!
Good luck!

cyprus88
Newly Registered

Post by cyprus88 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi all ,

I have applied for an EEA as an EU citizen
Timeline :

Send application : 10 October 2015
Application Received 13 October 2015
Money taken from account : 15 Octomber 2015

I have not received anything from UKBA yet . I have seen that some people received an email confirming that they have received their application. Is that normal ?

Thanks

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:02 pm

cyprus88 wrote:Hi all ,

I have applied for an EEA as an EU citizen
Timeline :

Send application : 10 October 2015
Application Received 13 October 2015
Money taken from account : 15 Octomber 2015

I have not received anything from UKBA yet . I have seen that some people received an email confirming that they have received their application. Is that normal ?

Thanks
Hey,

I've sent my application on 07/10/2015, they received it on 08/10 and I've get the email from HO on 19/10. So it takes approx. 10-12 days to get the email. Be patient, but I know it's not easy... I'm still waiting too...
EEA(PR) application sent: 07/10/2015 (received 08/10/2015)
Card charged: 09/10/2015
Email from HO: 19/10/2015
PR Card received: 25/11/2015
----
My Naturalisation timeline is here.
My Passport timeline is here.

kkseding
Newly Registered

Post by kkseding » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:27 am

Misssomer wrote:
sidcostas wrote:

My timeline:

Hello Sidcostas...

X

@sidcostas and all Gurus ,

Can I please ask a quick question regarding my BC.

Residence Card expired on 03.03.15

PR (issued on 06/10/15)....

does it mean I can apply for BC from 03.03.2016

Or from 06.10.16 ?

Thank you

liquidweb15
Newly Registered

Post by liquidweb15 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:29 pm

Hello All,

This is liquidweb. Lost my account details so created a new one. I have finally received my PR this morning. I don't know how to react but it is yet to sink in. I am so relieved. Thanks to all the lovely members of this forum. We all have been part of the journey and it truly in the end worked out well.

I applied back in May 2015. In the meantime, I had to travel once and had to get an EEA Family Permit while I was traveling from the nearest British Embassy.

Wish you all who applied all the very best. I am listing a few tips below for all new applicants just in case.

1. If possible apply with your EEA Partner and make her/him the main applicant and you the dependent. Average processing time is 5 weeks

2. If you have come to this country via EEA Family Permit and then applied for EEA Residence Card/ EEA (FM), then note that your time starts the moment you stepped in to the country. So yes, please apply the moment you cross 5 years of your arrival date in the UK. Do not wait till it is 1 month away from your Residence Card/EEA(FM) end date

3. You can apply for British Citizenship directly (if you prefer) after 6 years of continuous residence. However, having a PR card makes it a smoother experience. Average processing time is 3 months with PR and 6 months without PR for Non-EEA

Apart from these, I would have the following few things to say:

1. Life is short and PR is not everything. At one point, I became obsessive with this. Checking this forum every single day every single hour. Success stories gave hope. Just take it easy.

2. Once you have applied for PR means you have attained your right to stay here permanently. If you are travelling, no issues, just take a few documents and your COA and EEA Family Permit is issued normally in 48 hours. I did it twice so I am talking from experience. So yes, again, no stress.

3. Do not visit this immigration board a lot, it is great. But it can also become an obsession.

4. Try to help people, but first do understand that a lot of people here looks up to what you say and can make life decisions based on that. I learnt it the hard way when I possibly misguided a new mother who already has PR to apply for MN1 for her child when she didn't need it and instead apply for passport directly. I swallowed my pride and apologised to the woman and thanked the other individual who stepped in to correct me. Thank God the mother listened to the other fella.

5. Do apply for British Citizenship because I think it would make travelling a bit more easier.

Just relax and the average wait time is 5 months, full Stop, for Non-EEA. No matter how much you think, this will not change.

Wish you all the best and bye for now.

aukro
Newly Registered

Post by aukro » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:46 am

Hello everyone!
I got PR card yesterday :-)
There's my time line:
Sent application 12.06.2015
HO got the app 15.06.2015
Money taken 18.06.2015
biometrics letter 15.08.2015 ( yeah, it took nearly two months to get it)
Biometrics submitted 15.08.2015
COA arrived 17.09.2015
PR card arrived 6.10.2015
Wish good luck to everybody who still waiting ;-)

IvIalik
Newly Registered

Post by IvIalik » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi guys my question is for non eu app.
Does any body called an interview for PR application?
Or anybody heard about any interview call? Any Pr i mean after completing 5 years of wedding or retaining rights? Thanks

xankete
Newly Registered

Post by xankete » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:57 am

Hi,

I have been following this post fo a while, and now is the time to share my timeline:

Send documents 21/5
Payment taken 26/5
Biometrics 4/6
Received COA 25/6
Ask passport back 18/7
PR issued 9/11
PR received 10/11
Documents received 11/11

cheers

pabloignacio
Newly Registered

Post by pabloignacio » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:40 am

HI all.

do I need to include a pre paid envelope to get my passport back when i request it back and another for all the documents to get them back when all is complete?

hughie33
Newly Registered

Post by hughie33 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi Mr Green

You don't need to include a prepaid envelope for either, UKBA will return everything by second class post, but both times I have requested my passport back I have included a prepaid signed for delivery,for added security and speed.

Kind regards

Hugh
pabloignacio wrote:HI all.

do I need to include a pre paid envelope to get my passport back when i request it back and another for all the documents to get them back when all is complete?

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm gutted to see how many problems the HO are creating for people to get their PR. I have also noticed a lot of new members to this forum and everyone helping each other well done guys. As i have written here before i have received my PR card 3 weeks ago after waiting 5 months and 3 weeks on the same day as that I got the HO approval letter. So last weekend i went abroad, on my way back into the UK I handled my passport and my PR and I used the UK/EU queue as i'm used to do since when I got my RC 5 years ago and no filling of landing card. The first question the officer asked after a very surprised face was "where did I get this card from" how unprofessional, my answer to him was from the HO. then he tried to scan my PR which didn't seem to work, then he asked me if I have used my PR card before, I said no as I just received it. after 3 minutes looking at the card and trying to find information or a way to process me to go thru he finally found a way to scan the PR and asked me to put my 2 fingers on the scanner which i could see said MATCHED on his screen. Then he told me next time I'm arriving to the Uk i need to fill up a landing card and go to non EU queue so I told him that it made no sense what he was telling me because even with a RC card I could use the EU/UK queue. He said this is how it works but i could see he had no idea of what to do and certainly it was the first time he came face to face with a Biometric PR card, I told him the HO only started issuing this after 6 of April.Not very professional of him. on type of permit on my PR says "permanent residence" and on the bottom of the card says "RC of a family member of a union citizen" so clearly i can still use the EU/Uk queue. Also I was traveling with my Partner. Anyone knows anything about this?

Good Luck guys

hughie33
Newly Registered

Post by hughie33 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi Sid costas

We are still waiting for my wifes PR so no experience with that, but with the RC she has being told to use the Non-EU queue when I am no accompanying here, though I think she still uses the EU queue without trouble.

But this is the usual inconsistent behaviour you get from UKBA, clearly asking you to fill in a landing card is wrong. It would worth a call to UKBA to find out the what the policy is.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to give feedback to UKBA on this kind of situation?

sophia2
Newly Registered

Post by sophia2 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:28 pm

Could someone who already successfully submitted their PR application form and paid by DEBIT/CREDIT CARD answer my questions please?

Payment Details - EEA(PR) ...(form on page 6)
1. contact address in the UK for correspondence
2. Contact name in the UK if different
3. Full name as given in your passport or travel document

My question is related to the point (1. contact address in the UK for correspondence)
Do I need to write there my
a) MY NAME, street, city, postcode
- OR -
b) street, city, postcode ...and MY NAME is then given in point 3. only?

Also, when giving 16 digit card number do you leave blank space between every 4 digits?
Thanks a lot.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:43 pm

sophia2 wrote:Could someone who already successfully submitted their PR application form and paid by DEBIT/CREDIT CARD answer my questions please?

My question is related to the point (1. contact address in the UK for correspondence)
- OR -

Also, when giving 16 digit card number do you leave blank space between every 4 digits?
Thanks a lot.
Hi @sophie2, you Only need to the address where the card is registered, like your address, name exactly how it shows on your passport, and no need to leave any blank space between numbers, make sure you put the 3 security code and tick the box authorising them to charge your card! If you are applying with your EU partner I advise you to fill the form as he's applying for PR and include yourself as a family member. That way your application has the chance to get processed a lot quicker!

ally007

Post by ally007 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Do anyone know or have a clue of what is going on pls?
I applied for my PR which included my wife eea national who is the main applicant and me as a family member on the same form on 12/10/15.
HO received it the second day the 13/10. Money Taken on the 15th/10
My wife received email from HO on the 21.10.15 saying they received the application.
HO sent Biometric letter to me alone on the 23.10.15 dated 20.10.15 and sent biometric back same 23.10.
Since then, no message and no COA from HO. Is there anyone apply for PR same time with their eea family and hear anything back from HO?

sophia2
Newly Registered

Post by sophia2 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:56 pm

sidcostas wrote:
sophia2 wrote:Could someone who already successfully submitted their PR application form and paid by DEBIT/CREDIT CARD answer my questions please?

- OR -

Thanks a lot.
Hi @sophie2, you Only need to the address where the card is registered, like your address, name exactly how it shows on your passport, and no need to leave any blank space between numbers, make sure you put the 3 security code and tick the box authorising them to charge your card! If you are applying with your EU partner I advise you to fill the form as he's applying for PR and include yourself as a family member. That way your application has the chance to get processed a lot quicker!
Thank you for your quick replie 'sidcostas'!

Sorry just to clarify, you are saying...
in point 1. I don't write my NAME...only street address, city and postcode and then I write name in point 3. ? Is that correct?

Thank you!

ally007

Post by ally007 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:59 pm

sidcostas wrote:Hello everyone,
I'm gutted to see how many problems the HO are creating for people to get their PR. I have also noticed a lot of new members to this forum and everyone helping each other well done guys. As i have written here before i have received my PR card 3 weeks ago after waiting 5 months and 3 weeks on the same day as that I got the HO approval letter. So last weekend i went abroad, on my way back into the UK I handled my passport and my PR and I used the UK/EU queue as i'm used to do since when I got my RC 5 years ago and no filling of landing card. The first question the officer asked after a very surprised face was "where did I get this card from" how unprofessional, my answer to him was from the HO. then he tried to scan my PR which didn't seem to work, then he asked me if I have used my PR card before, I said no as I just received it. after 3 minutes looking at the card and trying to find information or a way to process me to go thru he finally found a way to scan the PR and asked me to put my 2 fingers on the scanner which i could see said MATCHED on his screen. Then he told me next time I'm arriving to the Uk i need to fill up a landing card and go to non EU queue so I told him that it made no sense what he was telling me because even with a RC card I could use the EU/UK queue. He said this is how it works but i could see he had no idea of what to do and certainly it was the first time he came face to face with a Biometric PR card, I told him the HO only started issuing this after 6 of April.Not very professional of him. on type of permit on my PR says "permanent residence" and on the bottom of the card says "RC of a family member of a union citizen" so clearly i can still use the EU/Uk queue. Also I was traveling with my Partner. Anyone knows anything about this?

Good Luck guys

That seems to be strange sidcosta because with my 5years RC, I always stay on EU/UK queue and always fine and if I travel out of the EU, I only use non eu queue because I hate embarrassment and feel the landing card makes no sense because i think it's only for visitors not people living here. Strange strange things this days.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:30 pm

Update to my timeline:
I applied for my PR which included my wife eea national who is the main applicant and include as a family member on the same application form on 12/10/15.
HO received it the second day the 13/10. Money Taken on the 15th/10
My wife received email from HO on the 21.10.15 saying they received the application.
HO sent Biometric letter to me alone on the 23.10.15 dated 20.10.15 and sent biometric back same 23.10.
Received COA with right to work on the 14/11 dated 13/11. took HO 4 weeks to send the COA.

Strange thing is that, we sent the application to Durham but the Biometric and COA came from Liverpool and my wife haven't receive anything since we sent the application .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:56 pm

hughie33 wrote:Hi Sid costas

We are still waiting for my wifes PR so no experience with that, but with the RC she has being told to use the Non-EU queue when I am no accompanying here, though I think she still uses the EU queue without trouble.

But this is the usual inconsistent behaviour you get from UKBA, clearly asking you to fill in a landing card is wrong. It would worth a call to UKBA to find out the what the policy is.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to give feedback to UKBA on this kind of situation?
Only EU nationals and those from Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland are exempt from completing a landing card. Family members of EU nationals, even with PR are not exempt.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mickyrio
Newly Registered

Post by mickyrio » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:37 pm

My documents was returned today.
I sent my application in beginning of June, i got the confirmation letter on 15/06/2015 e biometric on 29/06/2015, i i went in post office to have the biometric done on 09/07/2015, i got coa letter date 15/07/2015 and tody i got my documents back with the letter dated 12/11/2015, but not permanent resident card yet.

tobefree
Newly Registered

Post by tobefree » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Hello Everyone

I am EU member and I wanted apply for permanent resident card. I would like to ask for some advice.
In 5years period of time I was working (5 full years) and studying (3years)
During university I was working but part time. There were months when I was working 120 hours per month but also times when I worked just 33 hours because of exam times.

I have no clue how they will assess my case according to sickness insurance. Unfortunately, I never bought any sickness insurance. I have been working for this employer for 3 years. Zero hours contract.

I was wondering If I can apply just as a worker? Is it essential to mention univeristy in other table?
Would you advice me what I can do to improve my chances for my application to be successful?
Thank you for your help!