ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Inquiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raj Singh
Newly Registered

General Inquiry

Post by Raj Singh » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:07 pm

Hi,

Please answer my following questions.

1-I would like to know if anybody send his HSMP assessment application to the home office and which is under process or in review, is it possible that he will apply a visit visa to take exam during this time period? What are the chances in getting the visa?

2-If someone got rejected a visit visa of UK, does it affects on his HSMP application or the entry clearance?

3-Should he mention in visa form or covering letter that he has applied HSMP?

4-If he got HSMP refusal letter from home office should he mention this in visa form?

try-one
Member of Standing

Re: General Inquiry

Post by try-one » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:13 pm

1. You can apply, chances are slightly less than a person not applying for HSMP as normal people will return to their home country.

2. The visit visa will not affect the HSMP application, it might be an issue for the EC but you can always explain that they declined the first application because of your HSMP application and once approved then the EC should be granted.
3. That's a tricky one.....if you don;t tell them they will see it in their system and you might loose credibility..... and if you tell them, then they might feel that you want to stay in the uk and they could deny the application...it's hard to say what is the best option.

4. As far as I know, the HSMP is not a visa, denial of HSMP does not represent a denial of a visa.....the EC will be the visa...but you might want to check that, in any case, not telling them won;t help, they have a system that will match your history (date of birth and name)
Raj Singh wrote:Hi,

Please answer my following questions.

1-I would like to know if anybody send his HSMP assessment application to the home office and which is under process or in review, is it possible that he will apply a visit visa to take exam during this time period? What are the chances in getting the visa?

2-If someone got rejected a visit visa of UK, does it affects on his HSMP application or the entry clearance?

3-Should he mention in visa form or covering letter that he has applied HSMP?

4-If he got HSMP refusal letter from home office should he mention this in visa form?
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

hk_007

Re: General Inquiry

Post by hk_007 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:32 pm

try-one wrote:4. As far as I know, the HSMP is not a visa, denial of HSMP does not represent a denial of a visa.....the EC will be the visa...but you might want to check that, in any case, not telling them won;t help, they have a system that will match your history (date of birth and name)
From HSMP guidance notes:

2.2 HSMP aims to provide an individual route for highly skilled people who have the skills and experience required by the United Kingdom to compete in the global economy.Applications made under HSMP are applications for an immigration status and an adverse decision will be recorded and could be taken into account when considering any subsequent UK immigration application you may wish to make.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:00 pm

thanks......
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:35 pm

Raj Singh wrote:1-I would like to know if anybody send his HSMP assessment application to the home office and which is under process or in review, is it possible that he will apply a visit visa to take exam during this time period? What are the chances in getting the visa?
Your chances of getting any visa are linked to you meeting the requirements of the immigration rules for the relevant category. Likewise the Entry Clearance Officer would take into account any other pending visa applications. If you could satisfy the ECO that you would be a bonafide visitor for the exam and will depart the UK after its completion based on compelling ties in your home country you will be approved - are you coming for the PLAB?
Raj Singh wrote:2-If someone got rejected a visit visa of UK, does it affects on his HSMP application or the entry clearance?
It depends on the reason for the visit visa refusal. If its because the ECO suspected you would not return home then it will not be an issue since the HSMP is an immigration category leading to settlement in the UK. If it is because of fraud or other matters deemed to be 'not condusive to the public good' e.g. extant criminal record then yes it will affect the HSMP and HSMP EC applications.
Raj Singh wrote:3-Should he mention in visa form or covering letter that he has applied HSMP?
Yes.
Raj Singh wrote:4-If he got HSMP refusal letter from home office should he mention this in visa form?
Yes.

Raj Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Raj Singh » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:00 am

Dear Kayalami,

I m coming for MRCP Part 1 exam.I will return back from Uk within 2 weeks.
I would like to know that is it a good idea that i will mention about my HSMP application assessment in Visa form or covering letter?

bani

Post by bani » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:41 am

You don't have to, I think it's sufficient that you mention the exam. I was a visitor in the UK when I sent in my HSMP application, and I applied for jobs as a visitor (then went home after getting a job offer and before the HSMP was processed). I didn't mention the HSMP or jobhunting in the visitor visa application, I thought it might create problems.

But in the HSMP EC application, I did say that I was in the UK for job interviews during my previous visit. I still got the EC, no questions asked (no interview required).
Raj Singh wrote:Dear Kayalami,

I m coming for MRCP Part 1 exam.I will return back from Uk within 2 weeks.
I would like to know that is it a good idea that i will mention about my HSMP application assessment in Visa form or covering letter?