ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP in maiden name and Passport in married name, traveling

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leli_kay
Newly Registered

BRP in maiden name and Passport in married name, traveling

Post by leli_kay » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm

I just recently received my BRP after 9 months of waiting (applied for extension as a spouse in March 2012) and my BRP is in my maiden name, so is my Philippine passport. However, my Passport is expiring in May 2013, and my husband, daughter and I plan to travel to the Philippines in April. I will definitely renew my passport before traveling and I was planning to change my name into my married surname since I'll be getting a new Passport. I am also planning to change my name on my BRP, but I am not confident I will get the new one back in time for our trip in April. My question is, is it possible to fly out and enter the UK with my BRP in my maiden name and my Passport in my married name? And even if I had my marriage certificate with me as proof?

Nenepep
Newly Registered

Re: BRP in maiden name and Passport in married name, traveli

Post by Nenepep » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:38 am

Hi, i know this has been years,but please how were you able to solve it? Did you travel out and in successfully?