ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name correction in First BP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RR17

Name correction in First BP

Post by RR17 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi Guys,

Recently I got my citizenship approved.
Im trying to get minor correction(additional letter) in my British passport at least, as i never had chance to correct my Ind passport. I thought may be its simple while applying new UK passport.
I was wondering if any one have corrected names. can you please advise simple route please?
Do we have to provide supporting document for first time British passport applications as well?

Many Thanks,
RR17

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Name correction in First BP

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Not going to be possible. HMPO are even clamping down on names changes for married women who have maiden name documents for naturalisation and then want passports in married name.

Best option would be to apply for your passport as your name has to match your certificate and foreign passport, and once you have your new British passport, apply for a deed poll to change your name and then reapply for a British passport with the deed poll.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RR17

Re: Name correction in First BP

Post by RR17 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:12 pm

CR001 wrote:Not going to be possible. HMPO are even clamping down on names changes for married women who have maiden name documents for naturalisation and then want passports in married name.

Best option would be to apply for your passport as your name has to match your certificate and foreign passport, and once you have your new British passport, apply for a deed poll to change your name and then reapply for a British passport with the deed poll.

Thank you very much CR001,