ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Certificate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vanitha.sp
Newly Registered

English Certificate

Post by vanitha.sp » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi friends,

I got the English Certificate from my college, where i finished my degree. My college is under Bharathiyar University, all my degree certificates are from university.

should i get the certificate from university also? In my college letter pad it is clearly mentioned that the college is affilated to Bharathiyar university.

please help me on this. only after confirming this, i can go further to submit my application.

thank you
Vanitha

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:00 pm

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:04 pm

Hi,

If you are using the same Bachelor's Degree to claim points under "Educational Qualifications", you don't need to provide additional evidence that the degree is taught in English. In such a situation, you would normally corroborate the Degree with a NARIC Certificate of Comparability.

If you are not using that Degree to claim points, I'm afraid you may have to get a certificate from your University and not from the college. The reason is: you mentioned that all your Degree certificates are from the University. The rule as per caseworker guidelines is that the evidenec should be in the form of an Original Degree Certificate and an Original letter, both from the awarding body.

While the letter from your college states its affiliation clearly, there could be that iota of confusion and thus the risk of refusal.

Others with similar experience may like to comment.

newone79
Newly Registered

Post by newone79 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:07 pm

I think you need to get it from the university i.e. the awarding body.

Following is the extract from the caseworker manual for English Language Requirement :
Applicants should provide both their original degree certificate and an original letter from the awarding body confirming the course was taught in English.

The original degree certificate should clearly show:

* the date of the award; and
* the title of the award; and
* the name of the awarding institution; and
* their name.

The original letter from the awarding body should show:

* the applicant’s name;
* the qualification obtained;
* the date of award of the degree;
* that the course was taught in English.

I am from Chennai, India and I am looking for any people around here to share experience/knowledge on HSMP process.

If you will be interested in sharing your experience/knowledge, please send me an e-mail to saravanab@gmail.com

With Thanks and Regards,
Saravana

raguldk
Newly Registered

Post by raguldk » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:22 pm

You can get a letter from Bharathiyar University. they do give that you have completed your course in English...Thats what i did.....They gave me ...

So get the letter from the University