ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zaheeruk

Urgent help needed

Post by zaheeruk » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi

I got my ILR in november last year. I was eligible to apply for naturalization but due to some personal reason have to return to India. I know for sure that I can stay upto two years out of UK with my ILR and have to return to UK in order for my ILR to remain valid. My question is what is the earliest time I can apply fro naturalization once I return back to UK. For eg if I go back to India in march 2015 and come back later in teh year(july/aug 2015), how much should I wait till I can apply for naturalization.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent help needed

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:03 pm

You need to make sure your absence for the 5 year qualifying period are not exceeded.

No more than 450 days in the whole 5 years and 90 days in the last 12 months before applying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.