ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brp in previous name as old passport,new passport in married

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nenepep
Newly Registered

Brp in previous name as old passport,new passport in married

Post by Nenepep » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:36 am

Hello,

I cant seem to find the right answer to this anywhere,i have my Brp card in my ex husbands name as that was the name on my passport when i applied for a spouse visa with my present husband, i was granted limited leave to remain but unfortunately my marriage certificate wasn't enough to have them issue my brp card in my current husbands name.

My old passport has now expired, i have now gotten a new one in my husbands name. I will apply to have my name changed to my husbands name on my Brp as it is being used already for my drivers licence and bank account.

My question is can i travel with my Brp and passports at the moment with my marriage certificate as proof
If i exceed the 3 month deadline,by just a few weeks to apply for the change of name on my Brp,do i still have to pay the fine.

Please help,really urgent.

Nenepep
Newly Registered

Re: Brp in previous name as old passport,new passport in mar

Post by Nenepep » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:07 am

Please somebody with information on this,please help