ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport with Naturalisation - Parents Names?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

British Passport with Naturalisation - Parents Names?

Post by aussiegoin4it » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:22 pm

Why on earth does the British passport office DEMAND your parents' details when applying for a first passport from naturalisation?

This seems like excessive busy-body information gathering that has ZERO to do with entitlement to a passport.

So why arrogantly demand information they are not entitled to, that has ZERO bearing on the eligibility for a passport?

What are they not telling us?

LilyLalilu

Re: British Passport with Naturalisation - Parents Names?

Post by LilyLalilu » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:47 pm

I think it's just standard on the form, as it matters for some people whose claim to BC is based on their parents' nationality/status in the UK. Not sure what the issue is, just fill it in (or leave it blank if you feel the need to...)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Post by aussiegoin4it » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:21 pm

I'll fill it in!

I complain... and then get on with it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:09 pm

Crikey! Thought you'd finally be happier now you've been granted British citizenship. There isn't a Government conspiracy behind all of your applications. :| We're yet to read a positive post from you....! You've got the passport interview to pass yet...I hope you can cope with the questions...which may include the name of your parents.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Post by aussiegoin4it » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi Casa,

do you know why the British government demands parents' names on a passport application for those that are naturalised?

Looking forward to an informative and relevant response in a topic thread.

Let's keep these forum threads on-topic! One can always message a user directly if they want to engage in off-topic discussion.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:56 pm

They already know your parents' names from form AN. This information is normally also used in the passport identity interview where they check whether the facts given in the interview/pp application form are in accordance with data provided previously.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:26 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:They already know your parents' names from form AN. This information is normally also used in the passport identity interview where they check whether the facts given in the interview/pp application form are in accordance with data provided previously.
Exactly!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.