ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR form query

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alvarez0306

EEA PR form query

Post by alvarez0306 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:30 pm

Hello, section 9 in the eea PR form states I should list all activities since I first entered the uk and in chronological order. I was a student at university but do not wish this to count towards my permanent residency treaty rights as I have been working since February 2010 full time and can prove this. However obviously I don't want to lie and not put down that I was a student back in Feb 2006-2009 but then further in section 9 subsection 6 and 7 it asks me if I was a student did I have comprehensive sickness insurance which I did not and evidence of funds. Do I just leave this blank as I do not wish for this to prove my treaty rights (as it can't anyway!) and just give details of employment since Feb 2010? I hope this makes sense and someone can assist!

noajthan

Re: EEA PR form query

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:22 pm

alvarez0306 wrote:Hello, section 9 in the eea PR form states I should list all activities since I first entered the uk and in chronological order. I was a student at university but do not wish this to count towards my permanent residency treaty rights as I have been working since February 2010 full time and can prove this. However obviously I don't want to lie and not put down that I was a student back in Feb 2006-2009 but then further in section 9 subsection 6 and 7 it asks me if I was a student did I have comprehensive sickness insurance which I did not and evidence of funds. Do I just leave this blank as I do not wish for this to prove my treaty rights (as it can't anyway!) and just give details of employment since Feb 2010? I hope this makes sense and someone can assist!
Section 9 of EEA PR form is for Surinder Singh cases - is that correct for you?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

alvarez0306

Post by alvarez0306 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:31 pm

noajthan wrote:
alvarez0306 wrote:Hello, section 9 in the eea PR form states I should list all activities since I first entered the uk and in chronological order. I was a student at university but do not wish this to count towards my permanent residency treaty rights as I have been working since February 2010 full time and can prove this. However obviously I don't want to lie and not put down that I was a student back in Feb 2006-2009 but then further in section 9 subsection 6 and 7 it asks me if I was a student did I have comprehensive sickness insurance which I did not and evidence of funds. Do I just leave this blank as I do not wish for this to prove my treaty rights (as it can't anyway!) and just give details of employment since Feb 2010? I hope this makes sense and someone can assist!
Section 9 of EEA PR form is for Surinder Singh cases - is that correct for you?
No section 10 is surinder case. Section 9 is relevant eea national activity in the uk. Basically I have been employed full time since Feb 2010- and still am. But I was also a student at one stage and it does say on section 9 to list all my activities since I first entered the uk. Basically worried because I didn't have CSI when I was a student at uni, but I'm using the fact that I've worked for five years as permanent residency if that makes sense?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:01 am

alvarez0306 wrote:No section 10 is surinder case. Section 9 is relevant eea national activity in the uk. Basically I have been employed full time since Feb 2010- and still am. But I was also a student at one stage and it does say on section 9 to list all my activities since I first entered the uk. Basically worried because I didn't have CSI when I was a student at uni, but I'm using the fact that I've worked for five years as permanent residency if that makes sense?
Ops, I had looked at EEA (FM) form in error.

In EEA PR form, section 9, the guidance does say:
For any period in which you were/your sponsor was not a qualified person, or if you wish to give any further
information, give details at 9.13

alvarez0306

Post by alvarez0306 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:31 am

I noticed that yeah. So would you advise me to put down in the table all activities since I entered the uk, but then only complete the employment section details after that? Appreciate you replying and answering by the way :)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:23 pm

alvarez0306 wrote:I noticed that yeah. So would you advise me to put down in the table all activities since I entered the uk, but then only complete the employment section details after that? Appreciate you replying and answering by the way :)
Table 9.4 (1) in Section 9 seems to be a high-level summary.

You will also need to provide the details of each category of activity (as a worker, student etc), for the correct periods (from your timeline), in the following sections.
The dates should all match up with what you summarised in the 1st table.

You can explain & emphasise in 9.13 that it is the period as a worker by which you are demonstrating you have acquired PR.

alvarez0306

Post by alvarez0306 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:58 pm

noajthan wrote:
alvarez0306 wrote:I noticed that yeah. So would you advise me to put down in the table all activities since I entered the uk, but then only complete the employment section details after that? Appreciate you replying and answering by the way :)
Table 9.4 (1) in Section 9 seems to be a high-level summary.

You will also need to provide the details of each category of activity (as a worker, student etc), for the correct periods (from your timeline), in the following sections.
The dates should all match up with what you summarised in the 1st table.

You can explain & emphasise in 9.13 that it is the period as a worker by which you are demonstrating you have acquired PR.
But that would also mean I need to provide evidence for the time when I was a student-which I won't have as I did not have comprehensive sickness insurance. I merely want to use my five years since working from February 2010 to now as evidence that I have achieved permanent residency. I don't understand why I should be supplying evidence for years in which are irrelevant.
Has anyone else filled this version of the permanent residency form and are able to assist me In this query?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:00 am

alvarez0306 wrote:But that would also mean I need to provide evidence for the time when I was a student-which I won't have as I did not have comprehensive sickness insurance. I merely want to use my five years since working from February 2010 to now as evidence that I have achieved permanent residency. I don't understand why I should be supplying evidence for years in which are irrelevant.
Has anyone else filled this version of the permanent residency form and are able to assist me In this query?
It's a generic form that applies to a lot of people with different circumstances.
The form asks for information about all your time in UK.
From all that the caseworker will extract the relevant information & decide on your application.

Fill in Q9.5 about your time a a worker.

In 9.13 you can explain & emphasise that it's your answers to Q9.5 that show you have acquired PR.
If you wish you could also explain (in 9.13) that you were not a qualified person during the time you were a student.
For any period in which you were/your sponsor was not a qualified person, or if you wish to give any further information, give details at 9.13

alvarez0306

Post by alvarez0306 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 am

Ah that makes sense now. At first I was worried that my application would be rejected as I didn't have csi when I was a student even though I've worked here full time since Feb 2010! Many thanks for your help much appreciated :D