ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General dependent switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

woodie

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General dependent switch

Post by woodie » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi
I am currently under tier 2 ICT since September 2012 and valid till August 2017.
My wife got tier 2 General in September 2015. I want to switch to Tier 2 General dependent.

I have few questions regarding this switch:
1/ Can I continue working for the same employer (after switching to T2G Dep)?
2/ will it be a new hire or I can continue my existing employment?
3/ do I need to inform my employer that I am changing my visa?
4/ if I switch I face the risk of dependents losing their right to work (which is just a recommendation but not a rule yet?)
5/ 12 months spend on Tier 2 General dependent is consider as cooling off. So after 12 months I can change to tier 2 general? Or can I do it before 12 months?

Thanks a lot in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General dependent switch

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:21 pm

1. Yes
2. continuing existing employment
3. Yes
4. Not sure
5. You will need to spend a full 12 months from date of Tier 2 Dependent visa as cooling off period before you can apply from abroad for a new Tier 2 G. You will continuously be resetting your qualifying clock for ILR if you chop and change between main applicant and dependent status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

woodie

Post by woodie » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.
CR001 wrote: 5. You will need to spend a full 12 months from date of Tier 2 Dependent visa as cooling off period before you can apply from abroad for a new Tier 2 G. You will continuously be resetting your qualifying clock for ILR if you chop and change between main applicant and dependent status.
I agree, but on ICT there is no route for ILR (or 9Y if my income > £155k) ?
If I have my own T2G, that's double surety of living in UK with me and my spouse have our own visas.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:18 pm

woodie wrote:Thanks Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.
CR001 wrote: 5. You will need to spend a full 12 months from date of Tier 2 Dependent visa as cooling off period before you can apply from abroad for a new Tier 2 G. You will continuously be resetting your qualifying clock for ILR if you chop and change between main applicant and dependent status.
I agree, but on ICT there is no route for ILR (or 9Y if my income > £155k) ?
If I have my own T2G, that's double surety of living in UK with me and my spouse have our own visas.
I was referring to your switch to Tier 2 G Dep and then to Tier 2 G. Once you switch back to Tier 2 G main applicant after 12 months, your ILR qualifying clock will start again at zero.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

woodie

Tier 2 General dependent within UK

Post by woodie » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Respected gurus, fellow members,
I am currently on t2ict and switching to t2g dependent.
Q1: I want to check if I am eligible for priority service i.e. https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-priority-applications
Q2: Is there any extra fees for priority service?

Q3: Also, are these steps correct:
1/ fill application
2/ compile documents (passport applicant, brp applicant, passport main, brp main, maintenance bank statement, marriage certificate)
3/ IHS payment + Fee payment
4/ Fill priority request for inclusion form (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 2-priority)
4/ Biometric at post office
5/ post documents at post office
6/ wait for BRP

Q4: If in case my application is not successful, I can still continue on my t2ict?

Thanks a lot for patience with all my questions.

kind Regards