ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 License Initial Home office visit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vimalkiran
Newly Registered

Tier 2 License Initial Home office visit

Post by Vimalkiran » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Dear all

One of the companies that i applied for a job interviewed me around middle of September 2015 and when i said I would need sponsorship, they agreed to sponsor me. However the company didn't have a license, so Senior HR of the company vetted a barrister for the paperwork. From what i understand, they had used the job advert, included all applications they had received, and put through the Tier 2 application. The HR said to me she had to explain the reasons on the form why i was picked for the job from the 15 candidates etc.. By the 1st week of October, HO wrote to the company and said to them they will be visiting the Office on 19th October. They visited as agreed and sat in the office for 3 hours(HR said was friendly and very talkative) and when they were about to leave they gave her their business cards and said that Sheffield office will write to them about the decision in around 2 weeks. HR then said she is very positive about their visit. However, the 2 weeks have now passed and still haven't received any news. Is this a worrying factor? Would they normally say a time frame during such office visit as to when the license would be granted?

Also my other question is, when the company applied for the license, they also kept my name, passport details and DOB for the COS. Why is this? They also did this with another guy who was selected for another role, but he is from USA. Why did the new company use our details in the Tier 2 license application?? Will this mean my current employer will some how know that the new company trying to get its license is going to hire us?

Kindly advise

Kind Regards
Vimal

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 License Initial Home office visit

Post by hassanh » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:50 am

Hi,

There should not be anything to worry about. Usually UKVI takes 2 to 3 weeks to make the decision after the visit. Your company HR can contact the UKVI person who handed over the visiting card in regards to the status of License application. They can also request to expedite the process as they want to hire you ASAP.

The company must have requested COS for you and another guy when applying for License. It is a usual process that when applying for COS the company has to provide the candidates details and also RLMT details if applicable. So, do not worry your current company will not know that you have applied somewhere else.

Everything is looking fine. Just make sure the company is credible and also make sure they have conducted RLMT properly as failure to conduct RLMT properly can lead revocation of their license. Just confirmed with HR they advertised the job (as per UKVI guidance) in two different places for at least 28 days and made the offer to you after those 28 days and after conducting interviews with other candidates as well. You should go through RLMT guidance first.

Do not resign your current job unless your this visa is sorted out.

Thanks,
Hassan

Vimalkiran
Newly Registered

Post by Vimalkiran » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:37 pm

Thanks very much Hassan.

I will call the employer today to check if they had posted on 2 sites etc.. From what i understand they have.

Currently going through a tough time as I have been waiting on this since September and a little bit scared in the current office thinking if they will know that I am planning to move.

Can we still work for the old employer if I get the new visa as i need to serve the notice period ??

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi,

If you are going to POE appointment then ask your new employer to put start date in the COS in such way that you be able to serve your notice period.

For example, if your notice period is one month and you apply on 1st December using PEO then ask your new employer to put start date as 1st January. As soon as you get your visa approval then you can give notice to your current employer and serve the notice period as the new visa will be valid from 1st January.

I hope that makes sense?

Regards,
Hassan