ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name on LiUK certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbiepk

Name on LiUK certificate

Post by newbiepk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Hello all,

I have two questions:

1) I am now separated and going through divorce. I am applying for citizenship on the basis of 5 years residency.

Does LiUK being in my married name will be a problem?

All other documents (passport, ILR etc) are in my maiden name.

2) Also I took test in 2012, can I use same certificate for my citizenship application I am applying in late November this year.

noajthan

Re: Name on LiUK certificate

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:00 pm

newbiepk wrote:Hello all,

I have two questions:

1) I am now separated and going through divorce. I am applying for citizenship on the basis of 5 years residency.

Does LiUK being in my married name will be a problem?

All other documents (passport, ILR etc) are in my maiden name.

2) Also I took test in 2012, can I use same certificate for my citizenship application I am applying in late November this year.
1) Your name change due to divorce is completely explainable & understandable;
you presumably have evidence you can submit, eg divorce papers so name change (compared to LITUK certificate) should not be an issue

2) A LITUK certificate does not expire
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

newbiepk

Post by newbiepk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I am not divorced yet, I am going through one. However, I never officially changed my name. I don't know why my certificate mentions my married name. My passport and ILR mention my maiden name.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:25 pm

newbiepk wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I am not divorced yet, I am going through one. However, I never officially changed my name. I don't know why my certificate mentions my married name. My passport and ILR mention my maiden name.
When you apply for privilege of citizenship you may have to submit whatever form of ID it was that you used when you took your LITUK test.
That and a brief explanatory paragraph in the 'further information' section of the application form should help to explain the background to this matter.

Questions 1.5-1.8 cover applicant's name/s so with appropriate answers to those questions (& any supporting explanation included on page 23) you should be able to cover all angles.

newbiepk

Post by newbiepk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:35 pm

Thank you.

Shall i mention my husband's name in the partner section as we are still married? I have explained that I am applying on the basis of 5 years residency

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:05 pm

newbiepk wrote:Thank you.

Shall i mention my husband's name in the partner section as we are still married? I have explained that I am applying on the basis of 5 years residency
Yes, as you are (still) married.

As per AN guidance booklet:
1.34–1.39
To help us determine your eligibility for naturalisation we need to know a little about your partner, if you have one

newbiepk

Post by newbiepk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:10 pm

thank you!