ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony, British passport, OCI card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nitro

Ceremony, British passport, OCI card

Post by Nitro » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:55 pm

Hello everyone,

My naturalisation application has been approved recently. The group ceremony which has been booked is not until middle of Jan :(. I made a mistake by mentioning my local council details for ceremony. For private ceremony they are charging £200, which is absolute joke to be honest. I have contacted Redbridge who charge £55 for private but they said I must contact home office and ask them to send the documents across.
-How long it will take? Has anyone done similar thing before?
-Also can I apply for OCI card simultaneously or do I need to wait until I receive my British passport?

Thanks
Best regards
Nitro

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ceremony, British passport, OCI card

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:18 pm

-How long it will take? Has anyone done similar thing before? It can take a few weeks. Once you contact HO, they will then contact council and the council has to send the certificate back to HO and then HO will send it on to the other council. With Christmas coming up and the huge post sent over the this period, you might be better off waiting for the date you have or pay for a private ceremony.

-Also can I apply for OCI card simultaneously or do I need to wait until I receive my British passport? You need to wait for your British passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nitro

Re: Ceremony, British passport, OCI card

Post by Nitro » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:44 am

Thanks CR001,

Whats the procedure to get the documents transferred to another council ? Which home office number/email should I contact?
The group ceremony they are saying is on Jan 22 and private one for £220 is not until end of December, what a Joke this council is.

Now im thinking of transferring the documents across to another council I guess at least it will be quicker.