ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Visa for Visit (Patient terminally Ill)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Urgent Visa for Visit (Patient terminally Ill)

Post by huqqapani » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:25 am

An old lady in my family is terminally ill with lung cancer, the doctors have given her 48/72 hours. Her daughter is in Pakistan. Is there any way that she can get a visa to see her mother. Speaking to relatives they told me that they already have a letter from NHS saying that the patient has not much time. I believe they have sent the letter to Pakistan (not sure exactly to who, I assume to British embassy).

Can someone please tell me what the process is so that I can guide my relatives to ensure no time is wasted.

Please respond immediately as literally its a life and death situation.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent Visa for Visit (Patient terminally Ill)

Post by huqqapani » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Anyone please :cry:

secret.simon

Re: Urgent Visa for Visit (Patient terminally Ill)

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:01 am

I am sorry to hear of the situation in your family and I hope that it does not cause too much distress.

There is no known way to speed up the grant of a visit visa as certain checks must be done before the grant of a visa.

You may wish to involve your MP at the earliest as his office may be able to get the Home Office to expedite matters. But I would not expect matters to move for a week or two even then.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.