ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Family Visitor Visa as ILR dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaxon8091
Newly Registered

Applying for Family Visitor Visa as ILR dependent

Post by jaxon8091 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:38 pm

Hello Experts,

I am on ILR as a dependent (my husband was the main applicant when we got our ILR). Can I invite my mother from India on a family visitor visa using my documents e.g. my bank statements, address proof etc.?

Or should my husband apply for his mother-in-law because he is the main applicant?

I couldn't find anything on the UKBA website. Please help!

Thank you in advance.

-KKS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for Family Visitor Visa as ILR dependent

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:51 pm

If you have ILR you are not dependent on anyone for immigration purposes any longer. You can invite anyone you wish if they qualify for a visit visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jaxon8091
Newly Registered

Post by jaxon8091 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Thank you CR001! Much appreciated..

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:06 pm

hi... can I please ask how many months of bank statements will you show to call a visitor? can we show three months of bank statements instead of 6? If you have this information, please advise...
Thanks