ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship and tax issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jani00000
Newly Registered

Citizenship and tax issue

Post by jani00000 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:56 am

Hi friends and moderators

I am new to this forum but i have heard that it is very helpful specially person like me who worried about applying naturalization. i had ilr since one year through tier 1 general, every thing is fine except previous tax affairs.
i got tier 1 genral and ext and ilr by showing 30k self employed earnings, but i some how suffered losses after getting visas mentioned above so paid less tax on less earnings than 30k but paid always in time nothing owe to hmrc.
my question is the form na for nationality asks my tax ref, would they check and dig my previous earnings tax before ilr? could my ilr is at risk if i apply nationality?

i would be thankful plz moderators help me.
regards
rohit#####

oludaniel123
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship and tax issue

Post by oludaniel123 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:03 pm

jani00000 wrote:Hi friends and moderators

I am new to this forum but i have heard that it is very helpful specially person like me who worried about applying naturalization. i had ilr since one year through tier 1 general, every thing is fine except previous tax affairs.
i got tier 1 genral and ext and ilr by showing 30k self employed earnings, but i some how suffered losses after getting visas mentioned above so paid less tax on less earnings than 30k but paid always in time nothing owe to hmrc.
my question is the form na for nationality asks my tax ref, would they check and dig my previous earnings tax before ilr? could my ilr is at risk if i apply nationality?

regards
rohit#####
Yes, your tax history with HMRC will be checked thoroughly and there have been numerous reports on the forum of refusals for both ILR and BC due to discrepancies between earnings and the amount declared for tax.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:10 pm

jani00000 wrote:Hi friends and moderators

regards
rohit#####
'Somehow' lol!!!

Makes me laugh.......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jani00000
Newly Registered

Post by jani00000 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:31 am

thank you very mush guys for useful info
what you recon now should i wait for couple of years and then apply for bc or should i take a chance.
because i cant do anything about the previous tax now.
if i apply for bc next year i would complete my 10 year stay in uk, would that make things easy for me?

thank you in advance

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:14 am

Page-9
To be of good character you should show respect for the rights and freedoms of the United
Kingdom, observed its laws and fulfilled your duties and obligations as a resident of the United
Kingdom. Checks will be carried out to ensure that the information you give is correct.
If you are not honest about the information you provide and you are registered on the basis of
incorrect or fraudulent information you will be liable to have British citizenship taken away
(deprivation) and you may be prosecuted. It is a criminal offence to make a false declaration
knowing that it is untrue.
Among the duties and obligations which you are expected to fulfil is payment of income tax and
National Insurance contributions. We may ask H.M. Revenue & Customs for confirmation that
your tax and National Insurance affairs are in order. When you sign the application form you will
be giving your consent for us to approach them.
If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have discharged
your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a Self Assessment
Statement of Account.

Page-14
Deception
If you have practised deception in your dealings with the Home Office or other Government
Departments (e.g. by providing false information or fraudulent documents) this will be taken in to
account in considering whether you meet the good character requirement.
Your application will be refused if you have attempted to deceive the Home Office within the last
10 years.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf

So If you cannot do anything or amend your Tax affairs then its suggested wait 10 years from the date of your last deception in tax to be safe side.

jani00000
Newly Registered

Post by jani00000 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:47 am

Thank you i appreciate your answer. i have one more question regarding my daughter who was
born in uk before i was granted ilr and child mother also was on dependent visa.
now i got the ilr after his birth in uk, can i apply for her uk registration through mn1 form? if yes then there is a main question which is confusing me:

"Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave
to enter/remain in the UK. If the child’s parent is an EEA national,
a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national
you should ensure that they qualify for permanent residence.
Child has indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted"

what should i write here?
and how long the process is?

thanks in advance
rohit

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:49 pm

As your daughter was born in the UK, she is entitled (i.e. can not be refused) to register as a British Citizen under Section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

If she does not have ILR, leave the section blank and explain that she does not have ILR in a cover letter.

Children born overseas require ILR before registration.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jani00000
Newly Registered

Post by jani00000 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:41 am

thank you simon i appreciate your answer.

i have last question about documents required for my 1 year old daughters mn1 apliction.
guidance says i need: birth certificate
and in the other section: current passport is also required
my daughter is travelling very soon can i provide only her birth certificate?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:46 am

You need to send the passport if she has one. Apply using NCS at the Council if you need to keep original documents.

Does she have ILR or a valid visa to re-enter the UK?

Bear in mind that your child also needs to be in the UK to submit biometrics once you get the letter, so make sure she isnt away for too long.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.