ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - ILR Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shaks
Newly Registered

Tier 2 - ILR Question

Post by Shaks » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi everyone.

I am planning to apply for ILR soon but have couple of questions, would really appreciate your help.

Q1. My first leave to remain on tier 2 started on 06-01-11. I worked with this company until end of September 2013. Second Leave to remain started (with a different company) from 01-10-13. This means my 5 year period will be complete by 05-01-16. My question is, can I apply same day premium service in December 2015 as you are allowed to apply 28 days prior to completion of 5 years?

Q2. I went to my home country twice, each time on 4 week's holiday in last 5 years. Do I need to get letters from my employers confirming this? In total I have been out of country about 60 days- all on holidays.

Thanks in Advance for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 - ILR Question

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Q1. Yes you can use same day.

Q2. You need a letter from employer about annual holiday absence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:14 pm

@CR001,
Do we need annual absence letter from previous employers too if work for more than 1 employer in 5 years.
What will happen if previous employers are not providing holiday absence letter ?

Shaks
Newly Registered

Post by Shaks » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:17 am

Thanks CR001

Do I need to get letter for every single holiday? from every employer we had for 5 year period.
I mean some Holidays would be only 1 or 2 days during the year- OR only the ones where we were outside UK?

What should letter state? something like we confirm that the immigrant was on holiday on these dates....

Also, 28 days prior to completion rule means that I can apply on 9th of December 2015 if 5 year period would be complete on 6th of January 2016?

Sorry, immigration rules are never simple so always want to make sure- that's why these silly questions.

Thanks Again

Shaks
Newly Registered

ILR for Child Born in UK

Post by Shaks » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:24 am

Hi everyone,

Me and my dependents (my wife and son) are going to apply for ILR next month (Same day Premium Service).

My son was born in UK in may 2012- We went abroad in December 2013 (holiday) so I have to get tier 2 dependent visa for my son as well.

I am bit confused, do I need to apply ILR for my son as well? The reason I am asking this is because some threads on here say I don't need to as I can apply for ILR for me and Mrs and once we have ILR we can apply for my Son's citizenship. I have checked this with my lawyer and they say I do have to apply for my son for ILR.

Can someone please help with this

Thanks in Advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Child Born in UK

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:26 pm

The solicitor is wrong.

You can skip ILR for your UK born son. Once you/wife have ILR, you can register son as British on form MN1 under section 1(3) of the nationality act which is an entitlement to register due to being born in the UK (i.e. not at discretion and highly unlikely to be refused). The child DOES NOT need ILR to apply for citizenship if born in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skreddy

Re: ILR for Child Born in UK

Post by skreddy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:29 pm

CR001 is RIGHT.

It proves that your so called lawyer has no knowledge about immigration rules.

Shaks
Newly Registered

ILR Work Absence

Post by Shaks » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:23 am

Morning All

I have a question about what details and evidence to provide for Paternity and sick leave I had.
For first 2 years and 10 months I was working with one of the universities, then changed my job and employer.

I understand I am supposed to submit summary of ALL holidays or absences from work and this includes all five years?

In May 2012 I was on 2 week paternity leave ( at the time I was employed by my first employer). My actual wages were adjusted on September 2012, meaning I had my normal wages and then there was a reduction in September. I don't think even after reduction I was paid less than the SOC code.

My question is- Do I list this paternity leave only? The form or guidelines say "if you are unable to meet the appropriate rate then complete section below" As I mentioned, I was still meeting the requirement. Also, my previous leave in September 2013 was granted based on previous evidence and new job offer.

Q1- Do I just list Paternity Leave on letter but don't submit payslip/bank statement for that month?
Q2- With my current employer I had couple of sick leaves (2 days each time)- Wage was adjusted but still higher than SOC code- Do I simply list it?

Thanks in Advance for your answers

Shaks
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Work Absence

Post by Shaks » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Anyone please- Help would be much appreciated

Shaks
Newly Registered

Tier 2- English Language Requirement for ILR

Post by Shaks » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi All

I have 1 quick Question. I had Qualification from UK (Master's Degree in 2008). Do i still need to take the test for English Language. My Mrs who is applying as defendant has done the required test but I don't see Degree in UK option on ILR forms. Can someone please help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2- English Language Requirement for ILR

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:49 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Shaks
Newly Registered

ILR Tier 2 SOC Hours Quesion

Post by Shaks » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:06 am

Hi Everyone

I have ILR PEO appointment booked and I am in the process of completing the application.

In section 5 questions re SOC and Salary statement says "complete all four boxes below", there are actually 5 boxes.

One box asks "number of hours this salary is based on" and the next box is about "number of weekly hours"- What is the difference between the 2?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Rambo_ILR
India

Re: ILR Tier 2 SOC Hours Quesion

Post by Rambo_ILR » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:50 pm

Number of hours this salary is based on for yearly salary :–
E.G if you work 37 hours then its 37*52 (weeks) = 1924 Hours
Number of Weekly hours – its 37