ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samira_uk
BANNED

Police Registration

Post by samira_uk » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:28 pm

Dear All,

I am going to apply for British Citizenship in March.

As per the new requirements, there should not be any evasion of immigration control in the last 10 years.

I came to the UK in 2008 on a student visa but I left the UK in couple of days due to personal matters. I was required to register with Police at the time but as I was in the UK for a very short time, I did not have time to do so.

Later in 2009 I applied for Tier 1 and I explained this matter in the application and received the visa.

Now, I am worried that whether it is classified as an evasion of immigration control and breach of condition?

Best Regards

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Police Registration

Post by fwd079 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:13 am

Personally I would say since you explained the situation and were granted next visa, you don't need to explain/worry about it again. But I would await further replies. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

samira_uk
BANNED

Re: Police Registration

Post by samira_uk » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:22 pm

Thank you.

I myself dont see it as a big issue as according to the immigration rules failure to register without reasonable excuse is a crime. I had a good excuse as I left the country very quickly.

However, I want to be sure and so appreciate any comment.