ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR visa from India -- Travel Date

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aarav2015
Newly Registered

Dependent ILR visa from India -- Travel Date

Post by Aarav2015 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:09 am

Hi ,

I have doubt once we apply Dependent ILR visa from India is there any timeline that they should travel. Like Once Visa has come with in 3 months they should to travel?

Thanks
Lingesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent ILR visa from India -- Travel Date

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:26 am

Visas in passports are now issued for 30 days so an applicant should travel within that time. Once arrived in the UK, they have 10 days to collect their BRP Card from their designated Post Office.

If the travel date is within 3 months, you can ask the visa to start nearer to the travel date although many people have done this, UKVI have ignored their request.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aarav2015
Newly Registered

Post by Aarav2015 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:43 am

Thanks.

Is this for Dependent ILR visa as well? I thought this was only for Tier2 visas?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:52 am

It is not only Tier 2 visas. Some people still seem to get the 33 month visa, but most are 30 day visas.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect
If you applied from outside the UK
When your leave is granted, you’ll be issued a 30 day vignette. The vignette is valid for 30 days from the date you said you’d arrive in the UK (even if you arrive at a later date).

You’ll have to apply for another 30 day visa if you don’t travel within that 30 days.

Your decision letter will tell you:

when your BRP will be available
which Post Office branch you can collect it from
You must bring your passport or travel document with your vignette when you collect your BRP. You should also bring your decision letter.

You may get a penalty or your leave can be cancelled if you don’t pick up your BRP within 10 days of your arrival in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.