ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

450,000 Asylum Seekers may get a second chance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:39 pm

pathaniprincess wrote:
Administrator wrote:.

>bump<

I am very VERY interested in obtaining a copy of the questionnaire being sent out. If anyone knows of a copy somewhere and could scan it ...? Or of a website or forum that claims to have a copy ..?

I want to make it a resource available to all on our website.

Thank you,

the Admin

WOWWW! INTERESTING TOPIC! :shock:
...I HAVE THE QUESTIONNAIRE!!!... :wink:
THE HOME OFFICE SENT ME AND MY PARTNER 2 DAYS AGO!
WE FILLED IT IN TODAY AND SENT IT ALONG WITH EVIDENCE, WEDDING VIDEO, WEDDING PHOTOS ETC....BUT YOU CAN CHEK OUT MY POST WHICH TELLS YOU ABOUT ME AND I HAVE ALSO PUT ALL THE QUESTIONNAIRE QUESTIONS ON THERE, IN ORDER...AS THE HOME OFFICE WEBSITE ONLY GIVES HALF OF THE QUESTIONS ON THEIR!!!
BUT HEY, COME SEE MY FIRST POST AND EVERYTHINGS ON THERE! MY POST: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 721#108721
Calm down dear! :D

Actually, you did NOT get this questionnaire. You received a questionnaire based on your CoA application. The BIA are now providing you the possibility to apply for a CoA if you can't do so from home. I think there was a case before, and the person was a failed asylum seeker, but couldn't return, so the BIA had to issue him the CoA.

If the letter was addressed to you both, it was definately the CoA application, not this questionnaire. Plus, from the questions you wrote down in your thread, it seems related more to the CoA than his asylum application.

Janit
Newly Registered

Post by Janit » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:49 am

Got the Legacy Questionnaire form. Admin, what is your email address or you can email me and I will reply with it as an attachment for you to look at. :) Hope it gets through.

jimquk
United Kingdom

legacy case resolution update

Post by jimquk » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:44 am

Interesting news from ILPA via NCADC:

http://www.ncadc.org.uk/Newszine86/ilpa.htm

about the prioritisation of legacy cases. In typical fashion, having said that no representations would be considered before a questionnaire has been issued, the BIA now say that actually they may never send some priority cases questionnaires....

I think it just boils down to, if there are any reasons not already made known to the BIA, then make them known, especially if there's a realistic prospect of removal. Of course, being considered as a legacy case is no guarantee of being granted stay in any case.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:50 am

From what I gather, the granting of ILR is ONLY to families with children ATM.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

lola88
Newly Registered

Post by lola88 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:50 pm

What is ATM?

PaulM

Post by PaulM » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:29 pm

at the moment?

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:10 am

yes, ATM = at the moment
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:44 pm

Just been informed that the Home Office has stopped sending out questionnaires to applicants. Anybody else who has been informed about this?

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:08 pm

A client of mine got one last week.

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:15 pm

As far as I know they stopped sending out questionnaires on Monday. They might start granting ILR without sending a questionnaire or stop the whole CRP.

kg1983

Post by kg1983 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:20 pm

sorry if you think I am trying to be clever but whats your source? We hear different rumours all the time.

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:37 pm

Solicitors etc. but as mentioned above I'm trying to find out more myself.

kg1983

Post by kg1983 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:44 pm

Yes i wont be surprised if this happened because in order to clear the entire legacy backlog they need to grant/remove/resolve 10,000 cases a month and I dont think they can achieve that. I personally know so many people who are not in touch with the home office, have changed their addresses etc so there is no way of contacting them.

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:58 pm

Well, as I know there will be 1000 Home Office staff working on the CRP and even if 500 of them clear 1 case a day then there is a possibility that they can achieve this target.

1 Month = 20 Working days, 20x500=10000

ref: http://www.ilpa.org.uk/infoservice/Info ... 0Cases.pdf

kg1983

Post by kg1983 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:11 pm

yes but is it that straightforward though? If they grant ELR or ILR its all good but if they attempt to remove people then they disappear or sometimes its impossible to track them down. I also read a few stories in the press where people were asked to wait 10 months before they can actually be removed. Fastest way to return to country of origin for overstayers is to either buy your own flight home or contact IOM.

Also if it is working all well for them then they wouldnt abandon CRP.

kg1983

Post by kg1983 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:20 pm

avjones wrote:A client of mine got one last week.
I wanted to ask you whether CRP includes non-asylum cases or any of your non-asylum clients have been issued with a legacy letter or questionnaire.

breeze123
Newly Registered

single adults cases

Post by breeze123 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:30 pm

Does anybody know if the home office started reviewing single adults cases?
Because as far as I know they are working on families cases and it will take them some time to finish these cases up to March 2008.
so please if you know a single adult received a questionaire , let me by emailing or pm
I would be grateful if you let me know.

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:02 am

How do you know they will clear all family cases until March 2008?

It says people who receive Support through NASS are a priority. It doesn't say anything about families or singles.

What is the priority order?

As the Home Secretary announced on 25 July in the IND Review, we will prioritise:
i. Cases in which the individuals concerned may pose a risk to the
public. These will be our top priority since they concern public
protection.
ii. Cases relating to individuals who are in receipt of public support
(formerly through the National Asylum Support Service).
iii. Cases in which it is likely that a decision will be made to grant leave
to enter or remain in the UK.
iv. Cases where the individuals can more easily be removed.

(http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applyi ... gammefaqs/)

There was a Case where it says that they don't know what the priority order will be after the current priority cases have been cleared.

The enforcement directorate and Case resolution directorate are currently two different departments. For example, an individual can be picked up for removal without having their case considered by the CRD. I hope this will change in 2008 as it says in the ILPA document. (http://www.ilpa.org.uk information sheet "legacy 3 ")

So it might be possible that the Removals directorate will process the removal instead of the CRD if a decision is made to remove someone. As I know both departments will join next year, but this depends if a decision to remove someone has been made in the NAM and they still use the old removals directorate to remove people then it might not. It says that a NAM caseworker will process from the beginning till the end. So if s/he does everything what will the people in the removals directorate do?

I think about few months ago I have spoken to someone who told me that they will have groups who do all the work. It might be possible that a small group(maybe 100 people) will be responsible for removal because most of the people will be allowed to stay anyway.

1000 workers! 500 to make decisions and the other 500 to do the rest. What you think now? possible or not?

breeze123
Newly Registered

Post by breeze123 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:25 am

It is in welsh refugee council's website

Legacy questionnaire timeframe extended
The BIA’s Case Resolution Directorate (CRD) has extended the timeframe for resolving the
asylum claims of families receiving asylum support who have been in the UK for several
years. BIA now intends to resolve the claims by 31st March 2008 rather than mid-December
http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/NR/rdo ... mber07.pdf

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:12 am

I edited the link to make it active.

However, each time I've tried to download it, the 13 KB file will not open. Acrobat Reader claims the file is corrupted or does not match the file extension.

If anyone has ideas how to download & read this file, I'd be interested.

Thanks,

the Admin

breeze123
Newly Registered

Post by breeze123 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:49 am

I do apologise, the page page may have been deleted or removed. However, you can try this link
http://www.welshrefugeecouncil.org/docu ... 171007.pdf
I have just checked it, it is definitely working
I am still interested to know if any single adult received a questionaire, please let me know.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:54 am

Got it now, just fine.

Thank you!

It ended up working to my benefit ... I bumped around the Refugee Council website a bit trying to locate related news & signed up for some of their newsletters.

the Admin

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:22 pm

kg1983 wrote:
I personally know so many people who are not in touch with the home office, have changed their addresses etc so there is no way of contacting them.
On the analogy of the Family ILR exercise, what will most likely happen is that when the Home Office finish working through whatever cases they can, they will invite representations from anyone else that feels they might qualify.

I would certainly advise anyone at low risk of removal (depends on things like country of origin and existance of passports) to stay in touch with Immigration through the normal reporting process. Those who choose to keep a low profile should listen out for news about when they invite applications - always bearing in mind that being considered for case resolution is by no means a guarantee of being granted - it is intended that it could equally lead to prompt removal!
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

breeze123
Newly Registered

Post by breeze123 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:13 pm

I think that what is going to happen
jimuk wrote
On the analogy of the Family ILR exercise, what will most likely happen is that when the Home Office finish working through whatever cases they can, they will invite representations from anyone else that feels they might qualify.
I heard that a 90% success rate for legacy cases in Glasgow.
here is the link
http://freemovement.wordpress.com/category/legacy/

tell me what do you think about that? true?

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:15 pm

breeze123 wrote:I am still interested to know if any single adult received a questionaire, please let me know.

Do you receive some kind of support through NASS?