ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent - Email from Sheffield,UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukvisat2

Tier 2 dependent - Email from Sheffield,UK

Post by ukvisat2 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:14 pm

My wife and daughter applied on tier 2 depdendent visa yesterday from Islamabad, Pakistan.
They received following email from Sheffield today. I thought only settlements application process in Sheffield. Is it normal to receive following email?

Subject: Your Visa Application: VAFxxxxxx
Dear xxxxx,

Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxxx
For: xxxxx

Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Settlement applicants (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and Appendix 2; English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

fv1

Re: Tier 2 dependent - Email from Sheffield,UK

Post by fv1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:30 pm

all application are going sheffield now, even dependant as well.

i applied for my wife on 24th aug, but still waiting for the outcome , i recived email from ISLAMVISAINFO from islamabad High Commission.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:07 pm

by ukvisat2 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:14 pm

My wife and daughter applied on tier 2 depdendent visa yesterday from Islamabad, Pakistan.
They received following email from Sheffield today. I thought only settlements application process in Sheffield. Is it normal to receive following email?
Strange. Which form did your dependents fill in for the application?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:20 pm

I applied online here
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

Tier 2 Partner upto 3 years
Tier 2 Child upto 3 years

I was surprised to get an email from Sheffield. It usually comes from Islamabad ( i think).

What can I do now? Should I contact somewhere for confirmation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:24 pm

Maybe contact the visa application centre as the email you have received specifically relates to a spouse settlement visa as Appendix 2 is not relevant to PBS dependent visas. Or maybe if there is an email reply address on the email you received, contact them.

Did they submit all their supporting documents in Pakistan?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Yes they submitted application with original documents at Islamabad, Pakistan.
They received email from this ID.
VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk

Should I email to them ask for the clarification? or should my dependents go to visa application centre, Islamabad?

fv1

Post by fv1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:42 pm

ukvisat2 wrote:Yes they submitted application with original documents at Islamabad, Pakistan.
They received email from this ID.
VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk

Should I email to them ask for the clarification? or should my dependents go to visa application centre, Islamabad?

from now dependant for tier 2 also goes to SHEFFIELD like spouse ..

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:50 pm

from now dependant for tier 2 also goes to SHEFFIELD like spouse ..
Are you sure?
all application are going sheffield now, even dependant as well.

i applied for my wife on 24th aug, but still waiting for the outcome , i recived email from ISLAMVISAINFO from islamabad High Commission.
But you received email from Islamabad?

I am really confused now. Could you please give some more clarification? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:55 pm

fv1 wrote:from now dependant for tier 2 also goes to SHEFFIELD like spouse ..
Can you provide the source that states this.

As far as I am aware, and from posts on the forum, it is only spouse settlement visas where supporting documents are sent to Sheffield and it is processed in Sheffield per the update link below :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 93554.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:31 pm

@CR001: I am sending following email to VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk from my wife account.
Would it be ok? or Should I include anything else in it?
I and my daughter applied for Tier 2 Dependent (Partner & Child, respectively) upto 3 years. Yesterday, we submitted our visa application along with all original documents at the Visa Application Centre, Islamabad Pakistan.

I was expecting this email from Islamabad Pakistan, as this is non-settlement visa category.

I would really appreciate if you can confirm that Tier 2 dependent visa applications are handling in Sheffield.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Make sure you included all the reference numbers that your wife got when she submitted or the reference numbers in the email and also include some detail about the supporting documents you submitted in Pakistan and NOT submitted to Sheffield. Include a copy of their email for absolute clarity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:13 pm

The facebook pages (links posted in this topic earlier, now removed) have nothing to do with http://www.immigrationboards.com.
Accuracy of information posted therein cannot be ascertained, hence links have been removed and no further discussion / reference will be allowed.

Do the VAF/GWF numbers match to what you were given when the application was submitted?
Are you sure the right application form (PBS dependant) was filled up and submitted?
Did you fill up Appendix 2?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:50 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Do the VAF/GWF numbers match to what you were given when the application was submitted?
Yes, GWF numbers are same and they also provide VAF numbers.
Are you sure the right application form (PBS dependant) was filled up and submitted?
Did you fill up Appendix 2?

We made both visas applications online at here https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome
It clearly indicates Tier 2 Partner and Tier 2 Child applications.
I replied back to their email, but no response yet.
However, UKVI international https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/ gave me following response
With the information you have provided, we have now escalated this case to
the relevant department who will investigate your case and will be back in
contact as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.
What can I do further? or Should I wait for their response first?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:44 pm

All you could was escalate the mistake (that you received an email referring to settlement application whereas your dependants applied for PBS dependant leave), which you have done!
Nothing else you can do for now but wait patiently.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:24 am

We would like to apologise for the delay in responding to you. We have
received a response regarding your escalated case which reads as following:
We have noted on the system that supporting documents have been submitted
at the Visa Application Centre Islamabad.
I recevied above response from UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry.
What does it mean? are they still considering settlement case? :?

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:01 am

Hi, I hv also recieved an email from Sheffield..i believe all applications are processed in Sheffield including non-settlement since they hv changed the workflow.

PS: My wife has applied for Tier 2 dependent visa

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:43 pm

saliame wrote:Hi, I hv also recieved an email from Sheffield..i believe all applications are processed in Sheffield including non-settlement since they hv changed the workflow.

PS: My wife has applied for Tier 2 dependent visa
Did you recieve the same email from Sheffield?
When did you apply for tier 2 dependent visa?

Henchmani
Newly Registered

Post by Henchmani » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:30 pm

Hi, i've been a silent user on this page but would like to share my own experience with you on tier2 dependant Visa from lahore pakistan.

Applied for my sister-in-law on 7th November online and booked an appointment for 9th of November in Lahore visa center.

After the biometrics on 9th november we received an email from sheffield visa center UK on 12th November.
"Dear Xxxxxx

Regarding Visa Application: GWF00000000
For: xxxxxxxxx

Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Settlement applicants (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and Appendix 2; English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided."

We heared nothing from them after that up untill 29th November so i decided to write (Email)them on 30/11/2015 through their online system regarding the application status as its been over 15 working days. (They aim to reply within one working day to your query)
And fortunately i got their reply very same day "Dear Xxxxxx xxxxx

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (GWF000000000 and date of birth
Xx/xx/xxxx) and found that the application has been processed and a
decision has been made.

Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application
centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or delivery"

Then we just waited for the visa center lahore to call/text or maybe email us for collection and today (03/12/2015) at 09.42 we received a text and email from (CRMADMIN@vfsglobal.com) to collect our documents from the center.

And visa was granted With decision letter dated 25/11/2015. Thanks to all for sharing their experiences and good luck.