ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship- Good Character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nga3
Newly Registered

British Citizenship- Good Character

Post by nga3 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Hello guys, please i need a quick advise. I have just sent my application for citizenship 3 days ago at wandsworth NSC. In 2012 i was convicted and sentenced to 100hr community service. My major problem right now is that, the conviction will only be 3 years old in about 25 days. what do you guys think will most likely be the outcome of my application? will my application refused outrightly or do you think the caseworker will possibly use discretion since its only few days before it becomes 3 years.

Anyone ever been in my shoes before. i would have waited but i clearly didnt know this was the case as i had applied for FLR(M) AND ILR(M) and they were both granted. i didnt know a 3 year rule was required for citizenship. Please any advise will be welcomed.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship- Good Character

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:20 am

Insofar as you've declared the conviction and at the time of decision, 3 years has lapsed, you should be ok.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nga3
Newly Registered

Post by nga3 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:12 pm

Amber wrote:Insofar as you've declared the conviction and at the time of decision, 3 years has lapsed, you should be ok.

Thank you so much. I am hoping the 3 years have lapsed before they make a decision. at the moment they have not deducted the fees from my account.

npendkar

Post by npendkar » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi Amber,

please answer as i am really worried.

The tier 1 general visa has rejected in 2009 due to deception as my solicitor did not tick if had any criminal conviction and my solicitor said no and due to this it has been rejected. after that i appealed and it has been allowed. as it was my solicitor fault.

i have applied for naturalisation this week and i am worried about this?

please let me know if i need to anything about it.

regards
Naresh

kauffman
Newly Registered

Post by kauffman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:14 pm

Hello Guys.
I am a EEA citizen and I have been in UK for 9 years.
Last year I had a disagreement with my wife. She called the police and was taken to the police station. I spent the night in jail. The next morning, a lawyer came. In front of the police I had to swear that this would never happen and that It would be in my records for 5 years and all I said was recorded. The police called my wife and asked her if she wanted me to stay in prison or if they could release me. She said they could release me and went home.
My question is:

If if I apply for British citizenship, would they deny because of this incident?

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:26 pm

If you have been given a caution for domestic violence and is held on police records, then yes it could result in a refusal. You will have to declare it.
You may want to read through this thread, which refers to a refusal of SET(0) due to a similar caution.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 96388.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kauffman
Newly Registered

Post by kauffman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi Casa. Thanks for reply.

How do I declare it ? If I do, still, can it result in a refusal ?

Than again

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:32 pm

Casa wrote:If you have been given a caution for domestic violence and is held on police records, then yes it could result in a refusal. You will have to declare it.
You may want to read through this thread, which refers to a refusal of SET(0) due to a similar caution.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 96388.html
I edited my post...read through the link. Yes you do have to declare it and there is no appeal if you're refused as British citizenship is a privilege, not a right. You can only request a re-consideration for a fee of £80.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'how do I declare it'? In the application form under 'good character'.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kauffman
Newly Registered

Post by kauffman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Hi Casa. Thank you.

Just one more question.
Since 2006 I have a UK residence documentation for a national of an EEA state. ( The blue paper you fold with residence documentation )

Does it change the circunstances ? As I am a residente since 2006 ?

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:49 pm

If you mean does it get you off the caution for BC, then no it doesn't.
(Casa, not CR001)

kauffman
Newly Registered

Post by kauffman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:50 pm

Ok than.
Thank you
Take care

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:25 pm

nga3 wrote:Hello guys, please i need a quick advise. I have just sent my application for citizenship 3 days ago at wandsworth NSC. In 2012 i was convicted and sentenced to 100hr community service. My major problem right now is that, the conviction will only be 3 years old in about 25 days. what do you guys think will most likely be the outcome of my application? will my application refused outrightly or do you think the caseworker will possibly use discretion since its only few days before it becomes 3 years.

Anyone ever been in my shoes before. i would have waited but i clearly didnt know this was the case as i had applied for FLR(M) AND ILR(M) and they were both granted. i didnt know a 3 year rule was required for citizenship. Please any advise will be welcomed.

Hi nga, what is the progress of the your application, was it successful or still progressing?

TRAVELBASE
Newly Registered

Post by TRAVELBASE » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:59 pm

Hello,
Please give me advice on TV-Licence Conviction was made and penalty was paid of £145 within the deadline, Is this has to disclose on Nationality Form and will have any effect on the application?.
Thank you.