ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony Invitaion Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arpit.tayal

Citizenship Ceremony Invitaion Letter

Post by arpit.tayal » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:01 pm

I applied for British Citizenship on 17th September along with my wife and a child. Today, I have received the approval and a Citizenship Ceremony Invitation for me.

- Do we get separate Citizenship Ceremony Invitation letter for each applicant?

My Citizenship Ceremony Invitation has a home office reference number which is same as was on the acknowledgement letter. The HO reference number on the acknowledgement letter was same for all of us.

- When you call your local council to book the ceremony, what information do they need?

- The name at birth field has been left blank. It has my full name which is also my name at birth will this still be a problem?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Ceremony Invitaion Letter

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:48 pm

Your wife should get her own letter.

You need the information contained in the invitation letter. A reference number if I recall correctly is what the council will ask for.

If you name at birth and current name is the same, then they don't print it twice. It is mostly for married women who change their last name or deed poll name changes etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Re: Citizenship Ceremony Invitaion Letter

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:59 pm

my husband was asked for to confirm his name dob and address... the woman then asked for the Poll Number on the letter... asked how many guests and if any of them were disabled....she also asked if my husband was swearing by oath or by allegiance.... she then booked the day which is 28 days from now, and said a week before we will get a letter to confirm everything.