ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration Certificate as a EEA - Expiration Date

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

apocalypse
Newly Registered

Registration Certificate as a EEA - Expiration Date

Post by apocalypse » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi

-I was wondering if the "Registration Certificate as a European Economic Area" has an expiration date?

-Also when does the start date starts? From the document issue date or the start of employment (I have been self employed for the last 3.5 years - so will the start date be form when I registered with HMRC?)

Many Thanks

apocalypse
Newly Registered

Re: Registration Certificate as a EEA - Expiration Date

Post by apocalypse » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Anyone?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:46 pm

apocalypse wrote:Hi

-I was wondering if the "Registration Certificate as a European Economic Area" has an expiration date?

-Also when does the start date starts? From the document issue date or the start of employment (I have been self employed for the last 3.5 years - so will the start date be form when I registered with HMRC?)

Many Thanks
-Mine doesn't have an expiry date.
-Mine was issued a few weeks after I applied; this would have been the issue date. In total it took 29 days to be processed in total. It is not dated in line with your employment at all.

apocalypse
Newly Registered

Post by apocalypse » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:24 pm

chaoclive wrote:[quote

-Mine was issued a few weeks after I applied; this would have been the issue date. In total it took 29 days to be processed in total. It is not dated in line with your employment at all.
Hi thanks for your reply.
-How long did it take for the HO to sent your papers back?
-Is it a card or a blue folded paper type certificate?

Still trying to work out if it's worth having it as an Eea National??

Thanks again

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:57 pm

apocalypse wrote:
chaoclive wrote:[quote

Hi thanks for your reply.
-How long did it take for the HO to sent your papers back? I ONLY GOT ALL MY DOCUMENTS BACK AT THE TIME WHEN I RECEIVED THE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE.
-Is it a card or a blue folded paper type certificate? IT'S A BLUE FOLDED CERTIFICATE.

Still trying to work out if it's worth having it as an Eea National?? I HAVE ONLY USED IT WHEN MY CIVIL PARTNER WAS APPLYING FOR HIS RESIDENCE CARD. I'VE HAD NO CAUSE TO NEED TO PRODUCE IT AT ANY OTHER TIME. I ONLY REALLY WANTED TO GET THE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE AS I USED TO BE A BRITISH CITIZEN AND THEN RENOUNCED BRITISH CITIZENSHIP TO RELY ON MY IRISH CITIZENSHIP FOR MY PARTNER TO COME TO LIVE WITH ME IN THE UK. I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT THE UK HOME OFFICE WOULD NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE FACT THAT I HAD RENOUNCED BRITISH CITIZENSHIP. IT WOULD ALSO PROVE THAT YOU ARE A QUALIFIED PERSON ACCORDING TO EU LAW; WHICH WILL HELP IF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS ARE GOING TO APPLY FOR RESIDENCE CARDS ETC.

Thanks again