ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea4 - starting date (when entered UK or when registered?)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

toto91

eea4 - starting date (when entered UK or when registered?)

Post by toto91 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:11 pm

hi

i will have soon spent 5 years working continuously in the UK and 3 years i am registered (eea2).
=>with a work contract date as a starting point, can i now apply for EEA4 permanent residence?

-my spouse got a residence card (eea2) because sh'e spouse of eea national but she entered the UK one year ago (passpord visa)
can she apply eea 4 in the futur based on her ENTRY date (and we started living together, she got a visa as a spouse of eea national) OR is is from her eea 2 card date which is starting now ?

regards

toto91

Re: eea4 - starting date (when entered UK or when registered

Post by toto91 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:09 am

anyone on this one please?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:54 pm

What is your current nationality? Are you a citizen of any country that joined the EU in the 21st century?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:09 pm

Also, as the question is regarding the UK EEA Regulations, can the mods move this thread to the EEA-Route Applications sub-forum under the United Kingdom Non-Tier category?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

toto91

Post by toto91 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:10 pm

hi

i'm french.

Apologies if i posted in the "wrong" subsection
regards

toto91

Post by toto91 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:47 pm

could you please confirm ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:32 pm

toto91 wrote: i will have soon spent 5 years working continuously in the UK and 3 years i am registered (eea2).
=>with a work contract date as a starting point, can i now apply for EEA4 permanent residence?
As a French citizen, you will automatically acquire PR after five continuous years of exercising treaty rights.

Treaty rights include
a) Working (employed or self-employed)
b) Seeking work
c) Studying (requires either a non-UK EHIC card or private health insurance)
d) Self-sufficient (requires private health insurance)

When did you start working? And while you were not working, did you have either proof of seeking work or private health insurance?