ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No objection certificate from Current Employer - Chennai VFS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marupa

No objection certificate from Current Employer - Chennai VFS

Post by marupa » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:58 am

Hi All,

I am writing this after the shock :evil: , that I got from VFS Chennai today. I am going to apply for my EC tomorrow and have prepared all documents as per the several discussions in this forum.

The VFS official said that I need to present a "No Objection Letter from my current employer" :!: , I don't understand, why would any employer give this to his employee, if he has plans of leaving the company and moving to another country? I definetely cannot arrange for this letter :(

Please help, what are the implecations if I don't submit this document.
Has anybody in the recent times have submitted this Letter?

Please helpimmediately

Thanks,
Aparna

baskey

Re: No objection certificate from Current Employer - Chennai

Post by baskey » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:22 am

It looks absolutely ridiculous on their part. By the way, are you working in a government organisations or private? or if you have any terms and conditions written on your current contract like one months notice etc.. attach with your application, though it is not mentioned anywhere in the guidance notes.

Some times VFS people demands more documents than needed on their own. Tell them you can't submit this letter without guarentee of visa or ask them to issue letter saying that visa will be guarenteed on production of this letter , in that case you could able to ask from your employer.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Baskaran

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:53 pm

Seems ridiculous. This is the first time someone has mentioned this in the forum.

But then, I'm not really surprised... they come up with the strangest requirements. When my sister was travelling to visit me, she was asked to provide a NOC from her Husband! She relented finally because they refused to accept the documents for Visa processing without this certificate.

Doesn't seem logical why an employer will provide a NOC with a potential employee attrition looming large!

I sympathise with you, but have a strange feeling you may have to comply.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:17 pm

This is because VFS are morons, fools and charlatans. They do not have the power to refuse to accept applications, they should not be advising on what documentation is needed, and they make things up to serve their own purposes. I suspect they are paid on a quota system, and get more money with more refusals.

You do not need the NOC, as you rightly state this is none of your employer's business. Make the application, and complain to the consulate.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

marupa

Post by marupa » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:17 am

I have submitted my application for EC without NOC from Current Employer.

My argument is " If I am a Highly Skilled employee, as the Government of UK expects, then definetly my current employer would not want me to leave the orginzation and so they would never give the NOC"

Anyways... lets see I am going to just leave it ats this and pray.. I am pretty confident about my application, so I am hoping for the best!!

baskey

Post by baskey » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:33 pm

marupa wrote:I have submitted my application for EC without NOC from Current Employer.

My argument is " If I am a Highly Skilled employee, as the Government of UK expects, then definetly my current employer would not want me to leave the orginzation and so they would never give the NOC"

Anyways... lets see I am going to just leave it ats this and pray.. I am pretty confident about my application, so I am hoping for the best!!
Hi Marupa,

Wish you good luck. They can't demand only to you! . This is very strange. I have personal experience with VFS chennai and their customer service and treating the public is very poor.

Anyway don't forget to share your further developments here.

Regards,

Baskaran