ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British PP App

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

British PP App

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:10 am

When you apply for for a first British passport, if you include a prepaid special delivery envelope for return of documents, would those at HMPO use it??

I'd be mad if I sent a prepaid special delivery parcel bagit and they still sent the docs back by second class post!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: British PP App

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:04 am

There is an option to select on the first page of the passport application form to have your supporting documents returned by secure delivery. I would select that and add the associated amount to the total on your passport payment form. They wouldn't use envelopes supplied by the applicant.

Independent to this your new British passport would be sent by secure delivery, which is included as part of the standard service by default.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:12 pm

cs95tdg wrote:There is an option to select on the first page of the passport application form to have your supporting documents returned by secure delivery. I would select that and add the associated amount to the total on your passport payment form. They wouldn't use envelopes supplied by the applicant.

Independent to this your new British passport would be sent by secure delivery, which is included as part of the standard service by default.

Thankyou

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:15 pm

The reason I ask is cos with a Prepaid special delivery, I know when it's gonna come so I can expect it with postie. secure delivery they can come anytime and I wouldn't neccessarily be in due to working evenings

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:41 pm

averagejodie wrote:The reason I ask is cos with a Prepaid special delivery, I know when it's gonna come so I can expect it with postie. secure delivery they can come anytime and I wouldn't neccessarily be in due to working evenings
In my experience, having a new passport sent by secure delivery does not require a signature. It will be put through the letterbox.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:43 pm

I meant the documents not the passport. I'm not so worried about the passport.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:57 pm

averagejodie wrote:I meant the documents not the passport. I'm not so worried about the passport.
Be ready that your Naturalisation certificate might come once-folded. Mine came once-folded and my wife's didn't.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:05 pm

averagejodie wrote:The reason I ask is cos with a Prepaid special delivery, I know when it's gonna come so I can expect it with postie. secure delivery they can come anytime and I wouldn't neccessarily be in due to working evenings
A pre-paid envelope won't be delivered at a specific time.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Casa anytime I've ever had recorded post or special delivery post it's always been delivered by my regular post woman in the mornings.