ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

had66
Newly Registered

EU citizen

Post by had66 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi there.
I`m an EU (The Netherlands) citizen who lived and worked in The UK since 2009.
My family Joined me in 2010 ( 5 years now in The UK). Now ,do my family have the right to apply for The UK citizenship ( English Passport)? or do they need to apply first for the Certificate of permanent residency and then for the English passport?
Can some one guide me , please?

Also I would like just to apply for the Certificate of permanent residency, is that Ok?
and what form should I use?is it the EEA(PR) VERSION 07/2015?

thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: EU citizen

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:49 pm

had66 wrote:Hi there.
I`m an EU (The Netherlands) citizen who lived and worked in The UK since 2009.
My family Joined me in 2010 ( 5 years now in The UK). Now ,do my family have the right to apply for The UK citizenship ( English Passport)? or do they need to apply first for the Certificate of permanent residency and then for the English passport?
Can some one guide me , please?

Also I would like just to apply for the Certificate of permanent residency, is that Ok?
and what form should I use?is it the EEA(PR) VERSION 07/2015?

thanks in advance
Your family first need to apply for a PR card (not a registration certificate). After holding PR for 12 months they can then apply for British citizenship, assuming they meet all the standard requirements. Only after they have been granted BC will they be able to apply for a British passport.
You can apply for a Certificate of permanent residence https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-certificate
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

had66
Newly Registered

Post by had66 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:26 pm

Thanks for your reply Casa

If my family Can not, then I assume that I can apply for a PR and adding them on the same form as family members and we will get all the Certificate of PR in one time ?
Is it this Form : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-15.pdf

??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Yes, but they will be issued with PR cards, not registration certificates. Your family members will have to submit biometrics.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

had66
Newly Registered

Post by had66 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi CASA
why registration card for my family?? they are all EU (dutch) citizens..
I think you have misunderstood me. you thought that my family are NON-EEA , isn't it ??

Also, another question: why they are asking if we had took benefits in the form??
is it OK if you answer yes?does that affect on the application?

thanks for your help

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:47 pm

Even if you're EU you need to apply for permenant resident cards first, and 12 months after they have been issued then you can apply for British citizenship providing you meet the criteria

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:15 pm

HelloitsmeAbby wrote:Even if you're EU you need to apply for permenant resident cards first, and 12 months after they have been issued then you can apply for British citizenship providing you meet the criteria
Incorrect. An EU national doesn't apply for a PR card. They are issued with a PR registration certificate. :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:17 pm

had66 wrote:Hi CASA
why registration card for my family?? they are all EU (dutch) citizens..
I think you have misunderstood me. you thought that my family are NON-EEA , isn't it ??

Also, another question: why they are asking if we had took benefits in the form??
is it OK if you answer yes?does that affect on the application?

thanks for your help
Yes, I did wrongly assume your family were non-EEA citizens. Registration certificates would be issued. Ignore the advice given by HelloitsmeAbby :|
Claiming benefits to which you were entitled won't be a problem.
(Casa, not CR001)

had66
Newly Registered

Post by had66 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:35 pm

HelloitsmeAbby wrote:Even if you're EU you need to apply for permenant resident cards first, and 12 months after they have been issued then you can apply for British citizenship providing you meet the criteria
YOU mean permanent resident certificate ( not card ) ??

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:57 pm

yes I meant certifiicate.

had66
Newly Registered

Post by had66 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:33 am

Thanks for answering all my question.
Do I need to send all passports withe PR Certificate Form??
And howlong it will take to be returned back?
Thanks for all and for your time.

had66
Newly Registered

EEA PR CERTIFICATE FOR WHOLE FAMILY

Post by had66 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:49 am

Hi there
Can anyone advice?im trying to fill the EEA pr certificate form for me as a qualified person(submitting work papers for last 5 yrs) and for my family on the same form.
Q:my son born on 3/8/1994 should I fill for him sec. 12 or 13???
Sec. 13 is toooo complicated. And should I fill another 2 copies of sec. 12 for my other son and daughter (9 & 7 yrs old )???
And for my wife needs Sec. 11 to be filled ????
Hope will be someone to advice.
Thx

had66
Newly Registered

Re: EEA PR CERTIFICATE FOR WHOLE FAMILY

Post by had66 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:26 pm

Hi Casa
Can you advice for the above post
Thx