ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Oliver2011
Newly Registered
India

Re: EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by Oliver2011 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:40 pm

Sali6454 wrote:
sunnyskies wrote:Hi all,

I am a bit worried.. I sent my application on the 4th of November and its now the 17th...My card has not been charged so far and I have not received any letter from the UKBA whether my application was received. Can you please advise who I can contact. Thanks!
HI

I applied as well 02/11/2015 they charged my debit card next day but still not received anything from them

sunnyskies
Newly Registered

Post by sunnyskies » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:29 am

At least your card has already been charged... Which gives u at least a glimmer of hope that they are processing your application.
Oliver2011 wrote:
Sali6454 wrote:

I am a bit worried.. I sent my application on the 4th of November and its now the 17th...My card has not been charged so far and I have not received any letter from the UKBA whether my application was received. Can you please advise who I can contact. Thanks!
HI

I applied as well 02/11/2015 they charged my debit card next day but still not received anything from them

sunnyskies
Newly Registered

Post by sunnyskies » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:31 am

Thank you teardrops... I will try to contact them again today.
teardrops wrote:
sunnyskies wrote:Thank you for your reply teardrops. I have sent it via recorded delivery and I have sufficient funds to cover the amount for the application which is only 65 pounds. I phoned their support line yesterday through the numbers 03001232253. The lady I spoke to, mentioned it takes 6 weeks to get things processed. I mentioned that people I know had theirs processed and payment taken within 5 days ( I based this on peoples experiences on this forum) but the lady insisted its 6 weeks. I am really worried.

Don't believe a word that lady said becuase you should get your COA long before then, even though some people got their RC/PR along with the COA same time which is clearly not helpful. Home Office always makes some simple mistakes or giving people wrong information. My work place did a check to see if I can continue to work but home office told them I have no application pending and I am illegal and should not be working. I was even sent a copy of that letter from my work place. I was suspended with immediate effect, the following day I got a letter from home office saying I am entitled to work or continue with my employment.
I rang the home office and ask for clarification and I was told that maybe the time my employer did the check their system wasn't updated to reflect my current status, which sounds right to me. If I were you I would simple do an online check through royal mail and put your tracking number in and it will tells you when it was delivered. I do understand your concerns becuase I would have felt the same. In other words your application has not be looked at as yet. I hope and pray that fire will be attatch to your name that will keeps burning and your application will never be overlooked.

Daniel2010
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel2010 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Hello guys!!

I need some sort of advise as HO waiting times is like a up hill battle which is making me go crazy.
I applied for my PR on 16/05/2015 and they received it on 17/05/2015 however my account was charged on 18/05/2015 so on a letter dated 29th May 2105, i got a letter to attend bio-metric so i had that done on 03/06/2015 and on 09/06/2015 i had the COA letter sent out to me. I have not had any correspondence or what so ever from them so on a letter dated 30th October 2015 i had a questionnaire form for me and my spouse to prove genuineness of our marriage which i had 2 weeks to return on or before 13th November,2015 so i have had to fill it with my sponsor and add more documents to it and i have posted it off which was delivered on 09/11/2015 so my question is how long more would i still need to wait as their Eu regulation states 6 months waiting time but when i called UKBA they said to me the waiting time starts from the day the money was taken out of my account which is 18/05/2015 so would any one kindly advise waiting times for a decision to be heard after submitting the questionnaire forms ??????

I am confused cos this waiting game is a killer of time!!!!

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:38 pm

Daniel2010 wrote:Hello guys!!

I need some sort of advise as HO waiting times is like a up hill battle which is making me go crazy.
I applied for my PR on 16/05/2015 and they received it on 17/05/2015 however my account was charged on 18/05/2015 so on a letter dated 29th May 2105, i got a letter to attend bio-metric so i had that done on 03/06/2015 and on 09/06/2015 i had the COA letter sent out to me. I have not had any correspondence or what so ever from them so on a letter dated 30th October 2015 i had a questionnaire form for me and my spouse to prove genuineness of our marriage which i had 2 weeks to return on or before 13th November,2015 so i have had to fill it with my sponsor and add more documents to it and i have posted it off which was delivered on 09/11/2015 so my question is how long more would i still need to wait as their Eu regulation states 6 months waiting time but when i called UKBA they said to me the waiting time starts from the day the money was taken out of my account which is 18/05/2015 so would any one kindly advise waiting times for a decision to be heard after submitting the questionnaire forms ??????

I am confused cos this waiting game is a killer of time!!!!
You need to give them a ring and find out as to what is happening with your application. It's going on into 6 months and they have to complete your application within that 6 months period. You need to ring them and then you go through the options and chose the one that stated if your application is over 6 months. Don't be afraid to call home office becuase they are human being that happens to wearing a uniform hence there's no reason to be fearful of another human. I have spoken to home office several times and there was never a time I was been put off any of the staff. Yes you may get run around with different information but if you stick to what you are after then you will either an answer or have idea of what is happening. Make sure you have your ref. number and other details for them to check where your application is. No need to panic just relax and make the call.

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Oliver2011 wrote:
Sali6454 wrote:

HI

Sometimes it takes a bit of time from them to reply but just hang on in there you will be hearing from them pretty soon.

Kokosari
inactive

I have made big mistake on eea4 please HELP!

Post by Kokosari » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:27 am

I'm from Africa ,I married EU national . We got married April 2010, and he has been working throughout until January 2014 when his contract ends. He later got another job June2014 , meant he spend 5month without working and he did not claim any benefit . In march 30 2015 we got divorced . Although he still working up till date.
Now my fear is I have made eea4 application because my five years end November 9 2015 and I have submitted all the document I got to the home office. Instead of applied for right of retained I mistakely applied for permanent resident . I have done biometric and and I received coa . Please help ! What can I do next.

teardrops
St Lucia

Re: I have made big mistake on eea4 please HELP!

Post by teardrops » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:30 am

Kokosari wrote:I'm from Africa ,I married EU national . We got married April 2010, and he has been working throughout until January 2014 when his contract ends. He later got another job June2014 , meant he spend 5month without working and he did not claim any benefit . In march 30 2015 we got divorced . Although he still working up till date.
Now my fear is I have made eea4 application because my five years end November 9 2015 and I have submitted all the document I got to the home office. Instead of applied for right of retained I mistakely applied for permanent resident . I have done biometric and and I received coa . Please help ! What can I do next.
I am also waiting on home office myself but I can only give you my opinion but I am not an expert to say the least. I know it is worrying but you cannot turn back the hands of time, you have already made the application. what you need to do in the mean time is to gather whatever supporting documents you need in order to make the next application. As soon as you get a reply from home office, then you are ready to submit the next application without wasting time chasing after documents. Get all the imformation you need about rights of retention and get yourself prepared. No need to be in panic now becuase if you did your researched then you would have known that once the marriage is ended, then you are no longer a family member of the EU national. It doesn't matter how many years youv'e got left on your current family permit.

I am going through a divorce just now, after I had submitted my application and I am ready for home office answer. Becuase legally I am still married the divorce has come through as yet hence the possibilities is that I could well be granted a family permit but as soon as the divorce comes through then I have to handed it back to the home office and apply for rights retention. That's how I am aware of how it works. This forum is very informative where lots of people who have been through or going through these things can share their experiences. It's a hard struggle but we will all get there, it may take longer for some but that's life becuase all our circumstances are differ. My advise, just get yourself prepared instead of panicing and worrying, things will be just fine.

Daniel2010
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel2010 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:30 am

teardrops wrote:
Kokosari wrote:I'm from Africa ,I married EU national . We got married April 2010, and he has been working throughout until January 2014 when his contract ends. He later got another job June2014 , meant he spend 5month without working and he did not claim any benefit . In march 30 2015 we got divorced . Although he still working up till date.
I am also waiting on home office myself but I can only give you my opinion but I am not an expert to say the least. I know it is worrying but you cannot turn back the hands of time, you have already made the application. what you need to do in the mean time is to gather whatever supporting documents you need in order to make the next application. As soon as you get a reply from home office, then you are ready to submit the next application without wasting time chasing after documents. Get all the imformation you need about rights of retention and get yourself prepared. No need to be in panic now becuase if you did your researched then you would have known that once the marriage is ended, then you are no longer a family member of the EU national. It doesn't matter how many years youv'e got left on your current family permit.

I am going through a divorce just now, after I had submitted my application and I am ready for home office answer. Becuase legally I am still married the divorce has come through as yet hence the possibilities is that I could well be granted a family permit but as soon as the divorce comes through then I have to handed it back to the home office and apply for rights retention. That's how I am aware of how it works. This forum is very informative where lots of people who have been through or going through these things can share their experiences. It's a hard struggle but we will all get there, it may take longer for some but that's life becuase all our circumstances are differ. My advise, just get yourself prepared instead of panicing and worrying, things will be just fine.
Hi

@kokosari :i just like to give my advise regarding the application you have made !!!
I believe you would be refused PR on the application as when they conduct their investigations it would come up as you have ceased to be a family member of EEA National however i would advise you get your husband payslips up until the day your divorce was dated which automatically qualifies you for RR.

@teardrops: Now my advise to my brother who is currently sorting out divorce i would advise if you can slow it down until the decision is made that could be helpful to ease your time invested in the whole procedure as i was asked to fill in a questionnaire for both me and my wife and also send in more documents to prove genuineness of our marriage however i was thinking for you if the date of application would be enough to qualify you for a PR.

Any way i will expect you slow your process down to get a result rather than to slow your self down just to start the whole process again.

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:27 pm

Daniel2010 wrote:
teardrops wrote:

Hi

@kokosari :i just like to give my advise regarding the application you have made !!!
I believe you would be refused PR on the application as when they conduct their investigations it would come up as you have ceased to be a family member of EEA National however i would advise you get your husband payslips up until the day your divorce was dated which automatically qualifies you for RR.

@teardrops: Now my advise to my brother who is currently sorting out divorce i would advise if you can slow it down until the decision is made that could be helpful to ease your time invested in the whole procedure as i was asked to fill in a questionnaire for both me and my wife and also send in more documents to prove genuineness of our marriage however i was thinking for you if the date of application would be enough to qualify you for a PR.

Any way i will expect you slow your process down to get a result rather than to slow your self down just to start the whole process again.
Am not sure if it will work out that way becuase I was refuse a PR in August becuase my husband wasn't excersing his treaty rights through the 5 yrs. He started collecting his pension credits shortly after we got married and that was the reason for the refusal. Now I submit a fresh application for another 5 yrs family permit becuase now that he's getting his pension which would makes him self sufficent. It is such a complex case to say the least. I can only hope for the best, it's such a long road to trode after living in this country for so long. We can only keep our fingers cross and hope for the best but in the mean time we have to prepare for anything to happen.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:25 pm

Need your advice pleaseeee:
I applied for PR with my eea wife on the 14th last month and my wife is the main applicant and put me as a family member. Have done the Biometric already, received the COA with right to work and since then, Noting from the HO again but the problem now is our marriage is on fire. No happiness in the house again and i can't stand it anymore which is making me going crazy and can't eat because being in the house with her is killing me step by steps and I am even thinking of calling the HO and cut off the application so i can get my documents back and just move away from her. We've been together for 6years but believe me, it is not a easy journey at all.. . Now I don't know what to do. Please advice.

maywether
Newly Registered

Post by maywether » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:12 am

Hi ,
I have Permanent Residence in UK, which I got after living 5 years in UK as EEA family member. I got my Permanent Residence in June 2015.
Now me and my wife have some problem in our married life and we start living separately. It looks like we going to apply for divorce.

I want to know If we have divorce
My wife wants to inform home office and cancel my visa?
What will be effect on my immigration status?

maywether

ally007

Post by ally007 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:39 am

maywether wrote:Hi ,
I have Permanent Residence in UK, which I got after living 5 years in UK as EEA family member. I got my Permanent Residence in June 2015.
Now me and my wife have some problem in our married life and we start living separately. It looks like we going to apply for divorce.

@ maywether
You have nothing to worry about because your wife can never make it cancelled again unelse you commit a terrible crime. Even she might be in trouble if she call HO and ask them to cancel it. That is women for you brother. Just be calm with her.

mbist

Post by mbist » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Application Sent As Non Eea : 05/11/2015
Received by UKBA : 06/11/2015
Biometric Letter Received : 19/11/2015
Biometrics Sent : 20/11/2015
Waiting for COA now.

Maywether, you have nothing to worry about. Once you got your PR, you can divorce/ get married again/ sponsor spouse from outside EU as well. You can relax on this front and focus on your personal life.
Good luck!

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:18 pm

maywether wrote:Hi ,

maywether
Mayweather Please count yourself lucky becuase there's nothing your wife can do to you now. She can call and report as much as possible it would have no bearings on your permanent Resident whatsoever. Divorce is pretty hard so it's best you try saving your energy on focusing on it. The only time you will lose your PR unless you are absent from the country for two yrs I believe. It have no effect on your immigration status because you are no longer an immigration subject.

maywether
Newly Registered

Post by maywether » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:30 am

Thank you so much. My PR card expires on 2025. do I need my wife's document to extend my PR or can I apply for ILR now. ILR is very expensive and takes six months to process. What is the difference between ILR and PR?
I do not wish to apply British citizenship and would like to keep my own citizenship. Any suggestion Please.

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:49 am

maywether wrote:Thank you so much. My PR card expires on 2025. do I need my wife's document to extend my PR or can I apply for ILR now. ILR is very expensive and takes six months to process. What is the difference between ILR and PR?
I do not wish to apply British citizenship and would like to keep my own citizenship. Any suggestion Please.

Your P/R is similar to ILR, the difference is that it carries and expriy date and you can renew it when it is expired. Why do you keep asking question about your wife's documents when you are no longer tied to her where your immigration status is concern ? P/R stands for PERMANENT RESIDENT,where you are allowed to reside INDEFINITELY within a country whcih you are NOT a citizen, there's no need for futher explanation. ILR means you can stay in the UK WITHOUT ANY RESTRICTIONS. Have you thought of having dual citizenship ? If you do then there wont be any reason for concern.

Sandy143
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy143 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Sali6454 wrote:

Call : 0300 123 2253
Still am also wetting for biometric I apply eea3 my wife and my 1 eea 4 I apply 11 nov 2015

cubinec
Newly Registered

Post by cubinec » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:21 pm

What is RC means???

ally007

Post by ally007 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:28 am

cubinec wrote:What is RC means???
Residence card

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:00 am

Please help, the waiting is killing, does anyone have any ideal whats going on with HO, why the delay?? Please share your ideal

I applied for PR in 16/5/2015
Biometric 01/6/2015
COA Dated 9/6/2015

Up till this hour i have not heard anything from HO, the application is more than six months and nearly 2 weeks now.
I applied for Pr in completion of my 5 years in total thats include time spent as an EEA family member and time spent on retained right of residents,

I retained my right of residents in july 2014, though it was previously refused for not providing a valid passport but was later issued to me after providing a valid one with a new application and was issued in july 2014.

Please is anyone waiting from May :roll: ????? Please share your thought i beg of you

Thank you
Seek You Shall Find, Ask you shall Be Given, Knock The Doors Shall be Open For You... Said The Lord God Almighty

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:20 am

bishwo1981 wrote:hello everyone. I wrote a formal letter to Linda Bateman and complaint letter to home office this morning. I also called them this morning and this time it was a nice gentleman, who took my case id, home office reference and advise me to wait another three working days for their reply. he said that they will call me on my mobile and update me about my application. he did clear my doubt about the 6 months and refusal of application. he said he cant give more details on individual case and I have to wait for the case worker to decide. the six months is not the deadline but the guideline and they can exceed that if they required to do so. I hope they will call me sooner. I have wrote a letter to my MP and awaiting reply from his side. this waiting game is killing me slowly. now the eea4 process has become a slow poison for me. hope the good news will follow and the poison will turn out to be holy water. good luck every one and thanks to Mr Obie for his support, suggestion and advice. :|

Hello bishwo1981 how are you doing? please have you manage to hear anything back from the HO,
Have you finally receieve a decision yet? please get in touch,

Thanks
Seek You Shall Find, Ask you shall Be Given, Knock The Doors Shall be Open For You... Said The Lord God Almighty

bishwo1981
Newly Registered

Post by bishwo1981 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:21 am

Nothing Mate Nothing, no news, no update. I am in similar situation like you and I understand your pain. I am still running up and down the stairs like headless chicken. still got that weird look to the postman. nothing has changed. at the moment I am looking after my wife full time and spending some quality time with her.my relationship with my wife has never been this good and I have to thank home office for the delay. our relationship has gone from strength to strength. I am very stressed coz of the PR but happy that I gain my wife's trust. who knows what the future holds? no news is good news, lets see till the end of this month. I have done everything , mp contacted, many complaint letters, pretty much everything except me going to Liverpool in person with a bouquet and chocolates :evil: . good luck to everyone

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:57 pm

bishwo1981 wrote:Nothing Mate Nothing, no news, no update. I am in similar situation like you and I understand your pain. I am still running up and down the stairs like headless chicken. still got that weird look to the postman. nothing has changed. at the moment I am looking after my wife full time and spending some quality time with her.my relationship with my wife has never been this good and I have to thank home office for the delay. our relationship has gone from strength to strength. I am very stressed coz of the PR but happy that I gain my wife's trust. who knows what the future holds? no news is good news, lets see till the end of this month. I have done everything , mp contacted, many complaint letters, pretty much everything except me going to Liverpool in person with a bouquet and chocolates :evil: . good luck to everyone

Hahahahahaha you will kill me with laugh, i love your strenght mate and may God continue to strenghten us as we keep waiting, Amen
Anyway please keep getting in touch if you have any news

Cheerssss :)

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Favour100 wrote:Please help, the waiting is killing, does anyone have any ideal whats going on with HO, why the delay?? Please share your ideal

I applied for PR in 16/5/2015
Biometric 01/6/2015
COA Dated 9/6/2015

Up till this hour i have not heard anything from HO, the application is more than six months and nearly 2 weeks now.
I applied for Pr in completion of my 5 years in total thats include time spent as an EEA family member and time spent on retained right of residents,

I retained my right of residents in july 2014, though it was previously refused for not providing a valid passport but was later issued to me after providing a valid one with a new application and was issued in july 2014.

Please is anyone waiting from May :roll: ????? Please share your thought i beg of you

Thank you
Have you ever tried ringing them and find out as to why they are taking that long ? They will give you some information becuase it is over 6 months now. Try and have your ref # incase they ask you for it to do the check.