ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gold2real
Newly Registered

eea family

Post by gold2real » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:28 am

i am a spouse of an eu national and we are both living in the UK as i have been issued residence card. My eu national spouse is a qualified person. I wish to bring my younger brother who is 19 yrs old and have been financially dependent on me for over three years to the UK as my dependant via EEa family permit.. Can someone please advise on how to do this?

gold2real
Newly Registered

certified copy of eu passport

Post by gold2real » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:43 pm

Does the EU national sponsor have to certify a copy of his paSsport at the embassy or it can be certified by a solicitor for EEA FAMILY PERMIT?

adedayoh

Re: certified copy of eu passport

Post by adedayoh » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:06 pm

You can send certified copy, my husband got his family permit with a certified copy of my passport.

It shouldn't be an issue

gold2real
Newly Registered

Post by gold2real » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:47 pm

please, just to check with you. Did you certify ur copy by a solicitor?

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:07 pm

if you sending documents to home office its better to send it certified copy it will cost you about ten pounds to certify the document .
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tiana
Newly Registered

Post by Tiana » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:26 pm

adedayoh wrote:You can send certified copy, my husband got his family permit with a certified copy of my passport.

It shouldn't be an issue
I have the original marriage certificate. Which means that i will have to certify both my passport and marriage certificate. If I may ask, how did you certify your passport?

Also, will I have to certify other documents like my bank statement, employment contract, proof of accommodation and ayslips ? As I will be sending all this to him ?

Hope to get a response soon. Thank you

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:07 pm

hey,

just take it to a law firm and tell them you want to certify ur document. they will make a copy, a solicitor will stamp and sign the document to prove that they saw the original. prices vary depending on law firm but it cost btw £5 to £10 pounds max.

you will send the certified copy to the home office, no issues

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: VERY URGENT PLEASE-EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBER- VERY URGENT

Post by zubby007 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:10 pm

gold2real wrote:I AM A NON- EU NATIONAL FAMILY MEMBER TO AN EU NATIONAL AND I WANT TO BRING TWO OF MY BROTHERS WHO ARE DEPENDENT ON ME TO THE UK WITH EEA FAMILY PERMIT. CAN SOMEOMNE ADVISE ME ON HOW TO DO THIS?

I believe A non-EEA with EEA family permit cannot sponsor nor bring any dependent over to the UK.as your EEA FP status doesn't allow that by law. best of Luck

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: NEW INFORMATION ABOUT EEA PERMIT AND TB TESTING

Post by zubby007 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:18 pm

gold2real wrote:DOES SOMEONE APPLYING FOR AN EEA FAMILY PERMIT FROM OUTSIDE THE UK NEED TO DO TB TESTING? PLEASE ADVISE.

I believe TB test depends on the Country where the applicant is applying from, if the applicant is applying from Germany or New york definitely the TB test wont apply.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: VERY URGENT PLEASE-EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBER- VERY URGENT

Post by zubby007 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:27 pm

zubby007 wrote:
gold2real wrote:I AM A NON- EU NATIONAL FAMILY MEMBER TO AN EU NATIONAL AND I WANT TO BRING TWO OF MY BROTHERS WHO ARE DEPENDENT ON ME TO THE UK WITH EEA FAMILY PERMIT. CAN SOMEOMNE ADVISE ME ON HOW TO DO THIS?

I believe A non-EEA with EEA family permit cannot sponsor nor bring any dependent over to the UK.as your EEA FP status doesn't allow that by law. best of Luck
Normal letters preferable, cheers

BCarter

Post by BCarter » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:46 pm

adedayoh wrote:hey,

just take it to a law firm and tell them you want to certify ur document. they will make a copy, a solicitor will stamp and sign the document to prove that they saw the original. prices vary depending on law firm but it cost btw £5 to £10 pounds max.

you will send the certified copy to the home office, no issues
Thank you, got my solicitor to sign the copies.

noajthan

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT AND TB TESTING

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:46 pm

gold2real wrote:DOES SOMEONE APPLYING FOR EEA FAMILY PERMIT FROM OUTSIDE THE UK NEED TO DO TB TEST?
No.
An applicant applying for an EEA family permit is not required to produce a certificate showing them free from active pulmonary TB as EEA family permits are valid for six months.
Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... issues-med
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:30 am

gold2real wrote:I WANT TO BRING TWO OF MY BROTHERS WHO ARE DEPENDENT ON ME FROM AFRICA TO THE UK AS EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBERS. I AM AN EU NATIONAL. WILL THEY HAVE TO MAKE TWO DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS OR WILL IT BE ONE APPLICATION FOR BOTH OF THEM? YOUR ADVISE WILL BE APPRECIATED
No need to use capital letters.

Make one application (for Family Permit) per person.

khann
Newly Registered

Re: marriage vertificate

Post by khann » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:59 am

hi
i have same situation and need to know about how to bring my brother who is under 21...
please let me know if you come across any info where as i will do the same..

thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:40 am

gold2real wrote:i am an the spouse of an eu national. we are married in the UK and live here.we are planning to bring my brother to the Uk using EEA Family permit as extended family member, Will i be sending him the original copy of my marriage certificate or the photocopy will do? Can someone please help me
This HO guidance suggests copy is adequate:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... permit.pdf

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:43 am

khann wrote:hi
i have same situation and need to know about how to bring my brother who is under 21...
please let me know if you come across any info where as i will do the same..

thanks
You could start here:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... a-citizen/

& for extended family members, see:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... ficiaries/

noajthan

Re: MAINTENANCE MONEY

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:16 pm

gold2real wrote:HEY GUYS I NEED UR HELP.. I AM AN EU NATIONAL AND I WANT TO BRING MY DEPENDANT MOTHER TO THE UK FROM AFRICA THROUGH EEA FAMILY PERMIT.. APART FROM PROVING THAT SHE IS DEPENDENT ON ME, DO I NEED TO SUBMIT A BANK STATEMENT TO SHOW I HAVE ENOUGH FUNDS TO SPONSOR HER UPON ARRIVAL TO THE UK AND FOR TRAVEL EXPENSES?
I have a good internet connection, there is no need to 'shout'.
There is no legal requirement that:
The EU citizen is already (or will be) living or working in a different EU member state;
The non-EU family member holds a specific immigration visa or status. It is fine for them to have a nationally issued visa or a student visa or a visitor’s visa or even implied status;
The family member apply in their country of origin;
The family member resides or previously resided in the EU/EEA;

There is also no legal requirement that you submit:
bank statements;
pay slips;
letters from your present or future employer or school;
letters of reference;
proof that you will return at the end of the trip;
airline tickets;
confirmed hotel bookings;
references or guarantees from people in the destination country;
Ref: https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/0 ... u-citizen/

gold2real
Newly Registered

bank ststement

Post by gold2real » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Hello guys. I am an eu national living and working in the UK. I want to bring my dependent mother from Nigeria with EEA family permit. apart from proving her dependency on me, Do i need to provide a bank statement as evidence of capability to fund or maintain her in the Uk?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: bank ststement

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:56 pm

Yes, together with strong documented evidence that she is wholly dependent on you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:47 am

gold2real wrote:DOES SOMEONE APPLYING FOR EEA FAMILY PERMIT IN NIGERIA HAVE TO PAY FOR THE APPLICATION?
Free.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.