ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashwini_k

NCS Appointment

Post by ashwini_k » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi,

I had a query about my NCS appointment. I have also met tge 450 day in 5 years and 90 days absence in last year.

I complete my 12 month ILR requirement on the 15th December 2015. Also, i was travelling for work assignment 5 years ago so I had limited presence in the UK at that time.

The new (october) AN form pg 5 states that if you were physically present on 21/01/2011, you can apply on the 20/01/2016. I was physically present in the UK on the 23/12/2010 and have scheduled an ncs appointment on the 22/12/2015. Given that tge ncs application dates is the home office receipt date, I should be ok. Requesting seniors to comment.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Re: NCS Appointment

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Providing you haven't gone over your absence limit you should be okay.
Applying so close to Xmas though...it's unlikely they will touch your application until January.

ashwini_k

Post by ashwini_k » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:33 pm

I am travelling over the Christmas break and just want to get the application over with. I don't really care if they start looking at it in january, just want to file and get on with other things.

I just want to make sure that technically there are no issues in the application.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:21 pm

Sorry

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:36 pm

ashwini_k wrote:I am travelling over the Christmas break and just want to get the application over with. I don't really care if they start looking at it in january, just want to file and get on with other things.

I just want to make sure that technically there are no issues in the application.
You're correct that the NCS receipt date is now the qualifying date for submission to the Home Office. Which means this will be fine.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ashwini_k

Post by ashwini_k » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:50 pm

Thanks for the confirming Casa and Jodie. It looked fine to me but wasn't sure if i had overlooked something.