ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arifahsan

Passport application.

Post by arifahsan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Dear All,
Today I received my Naturalisation approval letter.By tomorrow will be book citizenship ceremony with local council. My problem is Home Office lost my Passport and other documents when i applied for ILR. After approved my ILR only received BRP card and approval letter from Home Office. From 2014 tried to track where is my passport and other documents(Including LIUK and Degree certificate and transcripts). My solicitors send 15 chase up letter also my local M.P tried to trace my documents and passport.After one year of my ILR applied my naturalisation with proper explanation. though i shown my last 5 years work P60,Payslip and other documents to prove my presence in UK.Now when i am going to apply for my First British passport usually need to attached the origin country passport(Mine Indian). Now my question is without my passport how can i apply for British passport?

Home office till today didn't give me any explanation where is my passport and Indian High commission can not issue the duplicate passport without proper documentation.

Thanks in advance.
Arif Ahsan.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Re: Passport application.

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:01 pm

I'm not sure if this can be done but could you not declare it lost. like go to the police, say you lost your passport but you don't know where... they will give you s crime number and ask police for a letter from them as you will need it to show Indian embassy to get a new one.

Get new indian passport and done.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:16 pm

info.inuk@vfshelpline.com

try email these as they should be able to help you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:27 pm

HelloitsmeAbby wrote:info.inuk@vfshelpline.com

Very doubtful as these are only agents for visa applications. i.e India Visa and Consular Service Application Centre in UK and not applicable to a passport lost by the Home Office during an ILR application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:38 pm

Casa wrote:

Very doubtful as these are only agents for visa applications. i.e India Visa and Consular Service Application Centre in UK and not applicable to a passport lost by the Home Office during an ILR application.

I mean to enquire how to get a new passport since the op lost theirs! to get new passport it seems op needs to go through vfs

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:41 pm

HelloitsmeAbby wrote:
Casa wrote:

I mean to enquire how to get a new passport since the op lost theirs! to get new passport it seems op needs to go through vfs
" and Indian High commission can not issue the duplicate passport without proper documentation."
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:51 pm

A letter from police stating the op declared it lost,with crime ref number dated and signed wouldn't be sufficient ??

arifahsan

Post by arifahsan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:08 am

HelloitsmeAbby wrote:I'm not sure if this can be done but could you not declare it lost. like go to the police, say you lost your passport but you don't know where... they will give you s crime number and ask police for a letter from them as you will need it to show Indian embassy to get a new one.

Get new indian passport and done.
Home office lost my passport and other documents not from me. How can I say police I lost my passport where home office lost all of this. I seek crime reference no from police station but they asked how you lost the passport? I told police my situation and tgey suggested to me ask home office to send the letter(lost).

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:18 am

But you shouldnt tell them HO lost it... say u lost it in the town centre! too late now...was just an idea maybe ...

maybe I didn't make it clear -

tell police U lost it in town centre
take crime number and ask for letter from them stating you reported it lost etc

take that letter...get new passport from Indian embassy...that cancels the other one...

I guess maybe I was a bit naive thinking it could be that easy.
Was just trying to offer a solution as it may have been quicker than battling with HO
Sorry.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:39 am

HelloitsmeAbby wrote:But you shouldnt tell them HO lost it... say u lost it in the town centre! too late now...was just an idea maybe ...

take that letter...get new passport from Indian embassy...that cancels the other one...

Was just trying to offer a solution as it may have been quicker than battling with HO
Sorry.
HelloitsmeAbby. PLEASE DO NOT ADVISE MEMBERS TO SUBMIT A FALSE STATEMENT TO THE POLICE! In this country it is a criminal offence. If advice such as this is repeated, your membership will be terminated.
(Casa, not CR001)

arifahsan

Post by arifahsan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:34 pm

I spoken with two person in HM passport office. Both person given me different opinion. One opinion was fill up the form and explain the situation why you can not provide the passport as it is not your fault.

Another one without passport they will not process your passport application does not matter it is Home office or your fault.

Guys if i want to take the risk and go ahead how can i fill up the passport information section. I am Just confused.

Please note that when i applied for Naturalisation application before i asked for SAR where clearly mentioned File(Including passport) misplaced or lost. Can not identify the location in case worker minute.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:42 pm

If the SAR lists that from HO, then include the SAR with your passport application and highlight it so that they can see it clearly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arifahsan

Post by arifahsan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Its Clearly mentioned in SAR misplaced or lost.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Then apply for passport and explain in section 8 and say that you attach SAR for their reference. You should be fine then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arifahsan

Post by arifahsan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:32 pm

One more question how can I fill up passport section ? I am really confused for this question for my current situation. Could you please guide me? I will definitely add my SAR with the application.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Complete with your current passport information only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:51 am

Casa wrote:
HelloitsmeAbby wrote:But you shouldnt tell them HO lost it... say u lost it in the town centre! too late now...was just an idea maybe ...

Sorry.
HelloitsmeAbby. PLEASE DO NOT ADVISE MEMBERS TO SUBMIT A FALSE STATEMENT TO THE POLICE! In this country it is a criminal offence. If advice such as this is repeated, your membership will be terminated.

Thanks for the warning.... but that last line ' If advice such as this is tepeated, your membership willbe terminated' Wouldve been more professional of you to message me in private rather than in front of God knows how many people.

Yeah I admit it was wrong advice but was all in the best of intentions.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:17 pm

The intention was:
a. For all members to know that the advice was seriously flawed
b. For all members to be aware that the Board administrators do not allow posts that give advice leading to illegal actions, and the consequences of giving that advice.

The last thing the Board administrators want is for a member to say they have followed advice they read on the forum and are now facing criminal charges.
If you wanted fewer views, it would have been wise to post your complaint via a PM.
(Casa, not CR001)