ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GERMANY VISA UNDER EU FREE MOVEMENT REAL HELP NEEDED

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khanmzk

GERMANY VISA UNDER EU FREE MOVEMENT REAL HELP NEEDED

Post by khanmzk » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:16 pm

I am really confused about two things that i cant figure out yet.i have booked an apointment for next month
for german embassy in pakistan for short term schenegn visa.as i am spouse of EU national british citizen
is it important for me to buy a health insurance??.because i have contacted german immigartion service 1 month ago by email and they replied this.after 1 month.which is nott the answer that i am really looking for.
could somebody please guide me about this.and secondly do i need bank statements or employer letter as the visa form clearly says that if you are relative of EU member you dont have to show employer letter.bank
statements etc.

Dear Mr XX,

your wife as a British national has the freedom of movement.

As an EU national your wife does not need a visa to enter Germany. Generally, she only needs a valid passport or identity card. Like everybody else in Germany, she has to register directly after entering at the Registration Office (Einwohnermeldeamt) at her new place of residence in Germany.

Entry of spouses
You as a spouse have the right to enter Germany together with her or subsequently. As you are not an EU national, you generally require a national visa in order to enter Germany (section 2 para. 4 sentence 2 Freedom of Movement Act/EU).
The application for the visa has to be handed in to the German mission in the country, in which you are residing.

Important hint:
If you already had a residence card EU issued by another EU Member State (section 2 para. 4 sentence 3 Freedom of Movement Act/EU), you can enter Germany visa-free.

The German mission abroad can provide you with further information.

In Germany you will get a residence card at the Foreigners Office (Ausländerbehörde) in your local area (sec. 5 Freedom of Movement Act/EU). You can find the corresponding Foreigners Office here.

Please note:
The here represented information is a general service offer. The German missions are solely responsible for deciding whether the legal requirements for granting a visa are fulfilled. The Foreigners Office is solely responsible for residence matters. For further questions please contact the corresponding office.

Please find all information here: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/index_en.htm

If you have problems with the Embassy, you might contact the Federal Foreigner Office for further assistance: http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Startseite_node.html

Best regards,

On behalf of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees
Janine Prager
Fax: 0911/ 943- 7000
Email: info.buerger@bamf.bund.de
Internet: http://www.bamf.de
http://www.wir-sind-bund.de
You May see me struggling but you will never see me quitting

Obie
Ireland

Re: GERMANY VISA UNDER EU FREE MOVEMENT REAL HELP NEEDED

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:52 pm

The advise you were provided are lawful and correct.

No medical insurance or bank statements are needed for first 3 months.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:28 am

Obie thanks alot once again you provided useful information.but when you say no bank statements needed
for first 03 months does it means before applying visa??.Kindly reply

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi,

They will issue you the short stay visa for 3 month. Being a EU national spouse you dont need to attach Proof of incom, Salary Slips, Bank Statment, Medical Insurance. I am also thinking to apply for the same.

Last week i have send an e mail to German Embassy islamabad, When you have the appointment? Here is the reply from them.

Dear Sir,

Please submit the respective documents except proof of your income, but your marriage certificate properly, passport copy of EU spouse of all pages.

Regards
Visa Section

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:15 am

@ waqasars you are right as we all know that applying under EU FREE MOVEMENT directive it is clearly written
on the form to skip such and such questions if you are spouse or relative of EU citizen.but in past it happened
to so many people that when they appeared for interview they have been told to bring bank statements medical
insurance etc.more then a dozen examples on this forum so just keeping it on safe side i am thinking to bring
a full copy of EU directive,accommodation proof and return flights itinerary.i have booked my appointment for
15th dec german embassy islamabad,i have one advise for you if you want to book the appointment book know
because there is no early appointments available i booked mine on 5th nov got it for 15th dec.so if you book
know in few days you will get it by first week in january the latest.but if you live in karachi then its very easy
for people of karachi because german consulate there do not issue any appointments.all you have to do is just
go to german consulate and get a token as early in the morning during there working hours.so you can put
your application in on the same day.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:38 pm

@khanmzk Yes, I agree with you. If you have bank statement and other documents then you can provide them. You can send them e mail ask for special appointments as EU National spouse (special appointments are only available for spouses/children of EU (non German) citizens),

Send them e mail at this address (visainfo@isla.diplo.de).

I am just thinking to apply. I dont have confirm plan yet. Are you from Lahore?

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:42 am

Today i got the visa for Netherlands. They rejected my visa application before 10 days ago. Immediately, I applied again and it was successful. So no plan for german now. I did not use the EU FREE MOVEMENT directive as my wife belogns from Netherlands.

Stay in touch if you need any help please let me know.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:06 pm

khanmzk wrote:I am really confused about two things that i cant figure out yet.i have booked an apointment for next month
for german embassy in pakistan for short term schenegn visa.as i am spouse of EU national british citizen
is it important for me to buy a health insurance??.because i have contacted german immigartion service 1 month ago by email and they replied this.after 1 month.which is nott the answer that i am really looking for.
could somebody please guide me about this.and secondly do i need bank statements or employer letter as the visa form clearly says that if you are relative of EU member you dont have to show employer letter.bank
statements etc.

Dear Mr XX,

your wife as a British national has the freedom of movement.

As an EU national your wife does not need a visa to enter Germany. Generally, she only needs a valid passport or identity card. Like everybody else in Germany, she has to register directly after entering at the Registration Office (Einwohnermeldeamt) at her new place of residence in Germany.

Entry of spouses
You as a spouse have the right to enter Germany together with her or subsequently. As you are not an EU national, you generally require a national visa in order to enter Germany (section 2 para. 4 sentence 2 Freedom of Movement Act/EU).
The application for the visa has to be handed in to the German mission in the country, in which you are residing.

Important hint:
If you already had a residence card EU issued by another EU Member State (section 2 para. 4 sentence 3 Freedom of Movement Act/EU), you can enter Germany visa-free.

The German mission abroad can provide you with further information.

In Germany you will get a residence card at the Foreigners Office (Ausländerbehörde) in your local area (sec. 5 Freedom of Movement Act/EU). You can find the corresponding Foreigners Office here.

Please note:
The here represented information is a general service offer. The German missions are solely responsible for deciding whether the legal requirements for granting a visa are fulfilled. The Foreigners Office is solely responsible for residence matters. For further questions please contact the corresponding office.

Please find all information here: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/index_en.htm

If you have problems with the Embassy, you might contact the Federal Foreigner Office for further assistance: http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Startseite_node.html

Best regards,

On behalf of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees
Janine Prager
Fax: 0911/ 943- 7000
Email: info.buerger@bamf.bund.de
Internet: http://www.bamf.de
http://www.wir-sind-bund.de

You do not need to show travel insurance for visa purposes under the rules of free movement.

Nevertheless, I would strongly suggest to buy insurance anyhow - what will you do if your wife steps off the plane, trips and breaks a leg before she is registered in Germany/added to your health insurance? You'd be left with a hefty medical bill.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:54 pm

@ALKB thanks for giving your considerable opinion.i will definitely buy medical insurance to keeping it on the
safe side.

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:05 pm

@waqasars first of all congrats on getting the visa.secondly is it possible to get special appointment for EU
citizen spouse or relative?? like you said and how??.Becuase german embassy here in islamabad can only allow applicants who have booked appointments online and there is no such option online.on german mission website
i can assume that it is possible Becuase in free movement directive it is stated that every arrangement should
be made to facilitate the family Memeber of EU cititzen :P .but i am also very sure about the fact that the staff working in those missions don't give a monkey to read the free movement directive and how it works..lol
:lol:

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:34 am

Brother, you need to send the e mail at official e mail address which i mentioned in above post and ask for appointment as eu spouse. Good luck for your visa.

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:05 pm

@waqasars thanks again

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:16 pm

@khanmzk any update about ur visa?

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:03 pm

@waqasars thanks for asking and sorry for late reply.I will be soon submitting my visa application just
waiting for some paper work to be done.i will let you know the outcome.cheers...

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:57 pm

Hey Brother any update on your visa? Did you apply or not?

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:53 pm

My visa got rejected today just received my passport along with a refusal letter stating the reason that
my travel document is false,my purpose of visit is not clear,i cannot finance my tour,my wife is not in germany at the moment i didnt provided bank statements and medical inusrance,blah blah blah.i swear to God when i saw all that i was laughing Loud and top of everything the most annyoing excuse from germans were that i am rejected by ireland few months ago because i didnt provided them attested marriage certificate when i made my application i attached a cover letter stating that i am making a tour to germany along with my wife so she can exercise her treaty rights under free movement and also the man who was interviewing me at the embassy asked me at the time of interview to right down a letter stating your purpose of travel to germany i am really pissed off what should i do should i contact solveit or what?..or just make an appeal

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:55 pm

OBIE?

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:47 pm

@khanmzk
Your purpose of travel is exercising your right of free movement due to EU directive 2004/38 and visa handbook C(2010) 1620 part III.
Normally a letter from the Eu citizen is needed where he confirm the family member accompany him.

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:02 pm

@mgb I have already explained that in my interview aswell as on my cover letter my purpose of visiting germany was clearly explained .....

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Normally it is a good idea to mark other at field 21 at the visa application form and write family member eu citizen.
In your case contact solvit and make a appeal at the same time.
You could additionally ask a question here
https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Serv ... ml?https=1
if the germany embassy in pakistan is bound to eu directive 2004/38 and visa handbook C(2010) 1620 part III.

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:08 pm

@mgb i have mentioned in the form that i am spouse of eu national.thats not the issue.the most confusing thing is that refusal letter is in german language and i tried to translate it from google translator .what i found was surprising in the last page of refusal they have mentioned that i have to apply for reunification visa not for short term visa which is totally ridiculous...

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:24 pm

and also the ecomic ties with home country is not strong wtf.....

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:34 pm

It looks like they want to handle your application due to national german law as family reunification and not to EU law regarding exercising rigth of free movement for eu citizen and family member.
Did you supply a copy of the data page from the passport of your spouse?
Ecomic ties play no role for a visa for a family member of a EU citizen.
Take a look at the Schengen visa handbook part III.
http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/po ... 620_en.pdf

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:55 am

@mgb thanks for writing again on my interview day i showed them my wifes passport and they took photocopy
and also the refusal says that free movement can only be Applicalble if i apply for family reunification what is wrong with them the staff at German embassy Islamabad is gone nuts..as far as my knowledge the reunification is for the EU citizen who is residing and have home job etc in Germany..i have already sent my case to solveit but i dont expect too much from them i have a past experience with them i am planning for an appeal as the letter said first appeal should be submitted within a month and in the local embassy where the application was made and if its refused then second appeal will be launched IN Germany Berlin..i want some help with the appeal thanks....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:18 am

That is ridiculous. I think you should appeal. It is like they completely misunderstood your application .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors