ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original Documents for EEA (FM) Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ddolheguy
Newly Registered

Original Documents for EEA (FM) Application

Post by ddolheguy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:37 am

Hi,

I'm currently in the UK working with my wife (who's an German citizen) and I'm on a EEA residence card. My existing visa expires in 6 months so I want to apply for another.

Last time I applied the HO declined my application because the Tenancy Agreement I submitted wasn't original, I ended up getting my visa via Tribunal.

I of course don't want to go through that again and yet again my Tenancy Agreements for the last 5 years in the UK have always been signed, scanned and emailed (by both parties separately) so there isn't a single original document which exists?

What do people do in these situations? I can attach a letter stating these facts but I feel like the HO just see that a document is not original and instant decline.

In the EEA (FM) guide notes it says:

Unless otherwise stated, please send original documents only. Photocopies are not acceptable. If
you’re unable to send the original, please explain why. We’re unlikely to be able to approve your
application without sight of the original document.

Can anyone else share there experiences?

nicoleprdes
Newly Registered

Re: Original Documents for EEA (FM) Application

Post by nicoleprdes » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Hello ddolheguy,

How are you? I am about to apply for my eea fm and I have the same situation with our tenancy lease. Did you end up having a problem again when you applied?