ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aboeliaso
Newly Registered

Passport question

Post by Aboeliaso » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:09 am

Dear all I have question and looking to hear from you .
I interned UK last week with my ILR and my original passport and soon I will get my UK passport and I'm going for Christmas away for long holiday , do I have to check out at the airport with my new UK passport or I check out with the same passport I did entere the UK with ?? Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport question

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:17 am

my new UK passport
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tripping

Post by tripping » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:04 am

Aboeliaso wrote:Dear all I have question and looking to hear from you .
I interned UK last week with my ILR and my original passport and soon I will get my UK passport and I'm going for Christmas away for long holiday , do I have to check out at the airport with my new UK passport or I check out with the same passport I did entere the UK with ?? Thank you
Seriously you are having a laugh right???

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:20 pm

It depends on what country you are going to. If it is your home country, be sure that they do not require you to enter it with their passport. If it is a country that requires a visa for one passport or the other, then use the one with the least restrictions (they might not let you board if you can't show that you have permission to enter the country you are traveling to). Otherwise, it probably doesn't matter.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Silly question, but have you applied for British Citizenship and received your Naturalisation certificate?
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:28 pm

If you have both, carry both. Use the UK passport to enter the UK on your return.

But, as fwd079 mentioned, have you got your naturalisation certificate already? Remember that getting a UK passport can take a couple of months. Well past Christmas.

And you would need to be in the UK for the passport interview. You will not be issued a UK passport until after the interview.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Aboeliaso
Newly Registered

Post by Aboeliaso » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:36 pm

fwd079 wrote:
Silly question, but have you applied for British Citizenship and received your Naturalisation certificate?
Thank you for your replay , but I don't know why u find it as silly question , for sure I had my citizenship and the certificate and I did applied for my UK passport . The Q which passport I need to use when I am traveling , the 1 I did use it to enter the country or the UK 1 !!!,!,!

Aboeliaso
Newly Registered

Post by Aboeliaso » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:38 pm

tripping wrote:
Seriously you are having a laugh right???
You think !!!!!???.?

Aboeliaso
Newly Registered

Post by Aboeliaso » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
my new UK passport
Thank you

Aboeliaso
Newly Registered

Post by Aboeliaso » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:52 pm

secret.simon wrote:If you have both, carry both. Use the UK passport to enter the UK on your return.

But, as fwd079 mentioned, have you got your naturalisation certificate already? Remember that getting a UK passport can take a couple of months. Well past Christmas.

And you would need to be in the UK for the passport interview. You will not be issued a UK passport until after the interview.
Thanks for the replay , I'm asking which 1 I need to use when I'm going out from UK and yes I did get my certificate and applied for my UK passport and u can find in this forum passport time line it's taking no more than 2 weeks . Thanks again and have nice day ..

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:45 am

Aboeliaso wrote: Thank you for your replay , but I don't know why u find it as silly question , for sure I had my citizenship and the certificate and I did applied for my UK passport . The Q which passport I need to use when I am traveling , the 1 I did use it to enter the country or the UK 1 !!!,!,!
I said my question to you might sound silly :) and yes you can use your UK passport for travel if it arrives in time. Other option which some members here chose, was to travel on foreign passport along with their Naturalisation Certificate, and show the certificate and foreign passport on their way back.

Personally I would suggest that if your travel is not urgent, then to keep things simple, get UK Passport and travel on that.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Aboeliaso wrote:I'm asking which 1 I need to use when I'm going out from UK .
See my answer above. It depends on what country you are traveling to.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:52 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
It depends on what country you are going to. If it is your home country, be sure that they do not require you to enter it with their passport. If it is a country that requires a visa for one passport or the other, then use the one with the least restrictions (they might not let you board if you can't show that you have permission to enter the country you are traveling to). Otherwise, it probably doesn't matter.
Agree with this. It applies to those who are either dual nationals or hold multiple nationalities.