ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help answer my queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SKJMR

Please help answer my queries

Post by SKJMR » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:26 am

Dear All,
I am going to apply in JAN-2016 through NCS. I need you all to please answer 3 questions : form which version/CCJ/ date I am qualified to apply for naturalisation via NCS ( I have provided all the information below)
1. Currently what version we are using for naturalisation ‘AN FORM’ – October 2015 I guess- am I right?
2. I had a CCJ registered on me dated 01/sep/2013 and I got my ILR on 7/jan/2015, I did not know anything about the CCJ and I did not declare it on my ILR application, but in sep 2015, when I went to bank for mortatge and I was rejected and bank advised to ring Experian and see what is the reason and for the first time I have requested my Experian credit report and through that I came to know that one of credit card bill which I could not pay (my financial situation was bad in 2013) that has end up in CCJ in 2013 itself. So recently (2 months back) September, I was aware, paid it straight way to the company dealing it, it was (700 pound), sent all my documents to Court/ they sent me a confirmation and also trust registry sent me a confirmation and again checked Experian/call credit/Equifax all have updated my CCJ status to ‘Settled’- now my question-
3. Should I declare CCJ or not- yes/no in my AN1 naturalisation application?
4. If yes- will it create a problem as I did not mention it in 2015 for my ILR
5. If I mention- what details should I write in the AN1 application
6. Should I write any covering letter explaining my situation?
7. Should I send them the letter, which the court sent to me confirmation that I have paid it in full and it is now settled?

8. When do I quality to apply (date)
Initial Tier1G valid from :01/02/2010
But Entered UK: 25/02/2010 ( 25 days later)
ILR granted : 07/01/2015

According to rules, to apply for naturalisation, should you be in UK for 5 years-including 1 yr ILR or excluding 1 year ILR.I have been out of UK for 60 days in total in the last 6 years. So for example should I apply on 07/01/2015
Then I was not in the country on 07/01/2010 ( entered UK on 25/02/2010 on Initial tier1 general visa)
I was defiantly in the country on 07/01/2011

Can you please let me know when I qualify.

Many Thanks

SKJMR

Re: Please help answer my queries-version/CCJ/date qualified

Post by SKJMR » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:34 pm

nearly 30 people have seen my post, i am not asking everybody to comment and answer but
dear moderators and any knowledgeable person with experience or faced similar situation
if you could answer my 3 questions, i would be really thankful to you

many thanks and have a good day

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:46 pm

Obviously those 30 members don't have the answer to your query (as I don't). You only posted this morning, so you may need to be patient and wait awhile.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:51 pm

Casa wrote:Obviously those 30 members don't have the answer to your query (as I don't). You only posted this morning, so you may need to be patient and wait awhile.
Or the inclination......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:49 pm

will wait, until somebody answers my queries, this portal is very helpful and i have found solutions to my questions in the past through this portal.
so someone will answer sonn

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:31 pm

Not and expert but regarding CCJ's please click here as that thread might help. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

SKJMR

Re: Naturalisation and CCJ (desperate for an answer)

Post by SKJMR » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi,

I am in a same situation, i have a CCJ, but i have paid it off last month, should i declare it or not
will it effect my naturalisation application
good thing is i have paid- got letter from court/ trust online registry/experian credit report- updated my case to 'settled' status
bad thing is CCJ was registered in 2013 and i got ILR in 2015, did not declare in my ILR,as i was not aware, came to know about it in sep 2015,paid in full in oct 2015,court confirmation in Nov 2015, naturlisation via NCS due in jan 2016
please let me know what did you do declared or not declared/ was your application successful

thanks in advance

SKJMR

AN application

Post by SKJMR » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi,

I have a CCJ recorded against me on 01-09-2013
Found out about it in October 2015 and paid it off in full
£700 pounds on 01-10-2015 ( after 2 years of judgement)

Got a confirmation letter from court/trust online/ credit card company / experian stating my account is now ''closed/settled'.

I got my NCS appointment for naturalisation booked for on jan 7th

I am defiantly going to mention it on my application but I didnot mention it in my ILR bcoz I was not aware then?

My question is am I ok to apply via NCS on 7th jan
Or wait until 3 years from the date of judgement to apply ...??? I.e 01-09-2016.
Please let me know your thoughts and advice

Thank you

swift_gh
Newly Registered

Re: CCJ & appointment with NCS - need help

Post by swift_gh » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:20 pm

SKJMR wrote:Hi,

I have a CCJ recorded against me on 01-09-2013
Found out about it in October 2015 and paid it off in full
£700 pounds on 01-10-2015 ( after 2 years of judgement)

Got a confirmation letter from court/trust online/ credit card company / experian stating my account is now ''closed/settled'.

I got my NCS appointment for naturalisation booked for on jan 7th

I am defiantly going to mention it on my application but I didnot mention it in my ILR bcoz I was not aware then?

My question is am I ok to apply via NCS on 7th jan
Or wait until 3 years from the date of judgement to apply ...??? I.e 01-09-2016.
Please let me know your thoughts and advice

Thank you
read this, you don't have to worry about that at all... already attended my ceremony and got certificate
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 5-440.html

SKJMR

naturalsation- physically present 5 years ago query?plz help

Post by SKJMR » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:00 am

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question my appointment with NCS for Naturalization is on 20/01/2016

5 years down the line which is 20/01/2011 -i was present in UK
6 years down the line which is 20/01/2010- i was NOT present in UK

i came to UK on 25/02/2010 on Tier 1 general
currently on ILR - issued on 07/01/2015

applying for naturalization on TIER 1 GENERAL 5 YEARS + ILR 1 YEAR.

Please let me know is it 5years or 6 years they consider?
i hope i am fine to apply on 20th jan 2016?
please help by answering my query , so i can apply in peace?

have a great day

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: naturalsation- physically present 5 years ago query?plz

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:06 am

I believe 5 means ......... 5, not 6.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

SKJMR

naturalisation application form -question 1.32 doubt?

Post by SKJMR » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:02 pm

naturalisation application 'form-AN' verison (10/15)- October 2015

i am applying for myself via NCS and my wife will be applying at a later stage,
when i get my certificate but my question is

Q1. shall i fill in questions 1.32 to 1.36 in the application (even though my wife is not applying and she is still
indian citizen, conisering i am apply under 5 year route for my self ( 5yrs tier + 1 yrs ILR)
Q2. question 1.37 ON page 9 ( shall i fill this as well, i do not want to confuse case worker)

I Suppose questions 1.32 to 1.37, should be filled in by applicants who are applying under 3 year rule when there
partner wife/husband is already british? i may be wrong please advise

Q3 And also i got ccj registered on sep 2013,paid on oct 2015 ,applying jan 2016, it is not 3 years old my ccj
but good think is i have paid in full and got a confirmation from court i have paid and i am declaring it on my application but
will it be a problem considering CCJ is not 3 years old, should i go ahead with my appointment on 20jan 2016 or wait until sep 2016,
so that it will be 3 years old by then?

please some experts/senior..help needed, please advise.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: naturalisation application form -question 1.32 doubt?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:06 pm

1. If you are married, you complete your spouses details.

2. Yes

You need to complete all sections of the form relevant to your circumstances. If you are married, provide the detail, there will be a record of this when your wife applies.

3. Should be ok if you have evidence of fully paid. Perhaps one of the other mods/members could advise.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SKJMR

Re: naturalisation application form -question 1.32 doubt?

Post by SKJMR » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:10 pm

Thank you very much for the reply.

a bit more information about my CCJ- It was for capital one credit card for 700 pounds, i have paid it it in full recently after 2 years it was filled against my name in 2013, as a proof got a letter confirming from court and also from trustonline that it is now paid in full and now the status is "settled"- ,also check my credit report at experian- it is updated as well to "settled"...

any other person who had ccj's in past and declared it and still was successful..please reply because..
i am declaring it on my form as well

any other moderators- please advise- shall i go with my appointment on 20th jan with NCS or wait till Sep 2016- so that it is 3 years old by then???

Thank you everybody..