ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could you pass life in the UK test?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shanewarne
Newly Registered

Could you pass life in the UK test?

Post by shanewarne » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Passing the citizenship test is not easy as we expect. The 3rd edition book has 5 chapters each has so many topics. Who remembers the important topics and dates, will pass the test. Just try these below questions.

1) Which of the accompanying games is connected with Royal Ascot?
Horse racing
Shooting
Cricket
None of the above
2) The police are organised into various numbers of police force team each one headed by
Chief Duty Officer
Chief Constable
Chief Officer
None of the above
3) In which year did Scottish Parliament start to be?
4) Britain battle against whom In the Crimean War?
India
Russia
USA
Japan
5) What number of days Hannukah is celebrated for?
10 days
4 days
5 days
8 days

6) The anecdotes of the Santa Claus came from Canada and America
True
False
7) Selling of tobacco, since 2007 is banned to the children under what age?
8) Consumption of cigarette is rapidly increasing in Britain
True
False
9) In which year was the Queen enthroned?
10) The population of working children in UK is
1 million
4 million
5 million
2 million

Source: http://www.thelifeinuktest.co.uk/3rd-edition-2013.php

secret.simon

Re: Could you pass life in the UK test?

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:15 pm

I could pass the current LitUK test easily, but then that is because I am an English (very shaky on Scottish) history buff, in spite of having no English ancestry.

Not only can I answer the questions below, I believe that one of them is phrased incorrectly.
shanewarne wrote:9) In which year was the Queen enthroned?
The Queen acceded to the throne in 1952, but that is not quite the same as being "enthroned". Her Coronation, when she is actually "enthroned", was in 1953. If that were a question in my test, I would make an official complaint that the question did not match any of the answers.

But on a broader point, I think that the current LitUK test is an improvement on the previous one that I took, that involved questions on speed limits on B roads in Scotland (I don't drive nor do I live in Scotland) and the age when children in Wales have to take their Stage 2 tests (no children and I don't live in Wales either). At least the current questions give you a background in history and therefore culture in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Could you pass life in the UK test?

Post by ohara » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:40 am

I hope I can pass it, seeing as I might need to