ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

QudratullahKader
Afghanistan

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by QudratullahKader » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:43 am

Hi everyone

1-I hope everyone is having a good day
Has someone ever come across this kind of email from UKVI

I have tracked the status (GWF0000000 and date of birth
01/02/1900) and found that application is currently in progress. Your visa
application centre or the entry clearance officer will contact you once a
decision has been made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your
application.

2- Then in this same email they told me this -

Though we try our best to complete the visa application process in 15
working days, each application is subject to an individual assessment and
processing times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient

machodan
Newly Registered

Post by machodan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:29 am

Armanalmas wrote:Hi every one.

I'm planing to apply for my wife spouse visa from Pakistan.
On vfs website now they saying that they offer priority service for settlement visa applications as well.
Has any one used the priority service recently from Pakistan???
My wife application was refused in April just because I haven't deposited my part time job wages into my account if I use priority service is it worth paying 300 pounds extra if you have been refused before???

Thanks.
I have used priority service kindly see my timelime. If she has been refused once, her application will take more time to process. It is not advisable to use priority when there has been a prior rejection as they will take their time scrutinizing and performing relavent checks.

Pak_Asif
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Pak_Asif » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:47 am

Hi, TB certificate is definitelynot required for travelling to the UK on spouse visa, polio certificate is also not required at UK airports but if anyone asks at any Pakistani airport then there are polio counters there who issue there and then. But not required. Visa valid dates are about 2 week in future to allow the applicant to receive their passport from VAC and prepare for travelling.
Hope it helps
Inshaallah786 wrote:
waitingbeover wrote:Isnt a TB certificate must for travelling?

My husband said he needs a polio certificate aswell as a tb certificate as they ask at airport. Can somebody pls clarify what documents if any are needed when traveling from pakistan to uk. Also why are granted visa dates more 2 weeks after visa being granted, any ideas, also can you drive in uk with a pakistan driving license, if yes what documents does he need to bring from pakistan

Pak_Asif
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Pak_Asif » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:51 am

Hi, check last page of this forum one user has used the service and received passport in quick time. But that was their 1st application, for those applying 2nd time priority service may take longer.
Hope it helps.

On vfs website now they saying that they offer priority service for settlement visa applications as well.
My wife application was refused in April just because I haven't deposited my part time job wages into my account if I use priority service is it worth paying 300 pounds extra if you have been refused before???

Thanks.

Pak_Asif
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Pak_Asif » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:58 am

Hi, this is a standard email which many people have received when asking for updates.
Processing time for spouse visa from Pakistan is 12 weeks or 60 working days, 15 working days is for non settlement applications like visit visa.
Looking at your time line you should expect a reply at end of December, Insha Allah
Hope it helps.
QudratullahKader wrote:Hi everyone

1-I hope everyone is having a good day
Has someone ever come across this kind of email from UKVI

I have tracked the status (GWF0000000 and date of birth
01/02/1900) and found that application is currently in progress. Your visa
application centre or the entry clearance officer will contact you once a
decision has been made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your
application.

2- Then in this same email they told me this -

Though we try our best to complete the visa application process in 15
working days, each application is subject to an individual assessment and
processing times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:55 am

Hi everyone,

I have asked for updates a few times and always received the same response, yet to be seen.
Is it good Idea to ask for another update, or should i just wait?

Also does anyone know if the home office have done checks when application is in process, like calling employers or spouses?

Thanks

Pardesi895
Newly Registered

Post by Pardesi895 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:57 am

Hi Saira143

Going by your biometrics you have only 8 days or so till your 60 days are up. I would drop them another email.

Best of luck!

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:27 am

I have been waiting since 28/07/2015. Last update was that It has yet to be seen by the ECO. Is this standard as I have read that applications in September are now being decided...
Online Application: 16/07/2015
Biometrics: 28/07/2015
Delayed Email Received: 13/09/2015
Escalated: 01/10/2015
Escalted: 23/11/2015
VISA GRANTED: 23/12/2015!!!!

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:33 am

Pardesi895 wrote:Hi Saira143

Going by your biometrics you have only 8 days or so till your 60 days are up. I would drop them another email.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the advise, I asked for an update last week and was told it is yet to be seen, I have just had a reply now as well yet to be seen.
Looks like they taking their time with mine, so frustrating!!

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:35 am

rashadjee wrote:I have been waiting since 28/07/2015. Last update was that It has yet to be seen by the ECO. Is this standard as I have read that applications in September are now being decided...
I have had the same response everytime I asked for an update, even today!

Pardesi895
Newly Registered

Post by Pardesi895 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:10 am

@saira143 and rashadjee

Aww I can imagine it being frustrating. Insha'Allah I'm sure you will hear something. Insha'Allah it will be good news.

Please do keep us updated.

Mrs Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs Shah » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:53 am

HI. Can anyone help us. we applied for Uk spouse visa back in the year 2014 but was refused on the grounds that my husband didn't submitted his decree absolute n was not aware of the divorce process in uk. unfortunately it took a year n eventually he got his absolute. in the meanwhile we lost our appeal because he failed to submit his decree absolute in time. our nikha happend in 2013, and he got his decree absolute from his first wife in 2015, now the question is we have to apply again but we are confused that whether we should go for our nikha again and again register it in nadra or use the previous one which is a risk. we already registered our previous nikha in nadra. any help will be appreciated.

Armanalmas

Post by Armanalmas » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:55 am

machodan wrote:

Thanks.
I have used priority service kindly see my timelime. If she has been refused once, her application will take more time to process. It is not advisable to use priority when there has been a prior rejection as they will take their time scrutinizing and performing relavent checks.
Hi thanks for your reply.
Mashallah the priority service have worked for you.

My previous refusal was very simple. They said your full time job resembles your bank statement but the part time job doesn't. It was because I didn't bank it was cash in hand.

Now I have deposited my wages from both jobs to my account.
And have nearly 8 months statement and payslips.

My wife is afghan national as Afghans apply through Pakistan can we still use priority service???

Thanks.

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:05 pm

Raymandosnr wrote:Jazakallah tiger girl all done now alhamdulilah, can I ask igneous will get a new TB certificate for your husband ,?
No probs inshallah you should here in a week cos they hav had yr passport for 2 wks my whole procedure took 3 weeks. And Alhamdulillah hai hes coming on 01/12 inshallah. No im keeping the same tb test il ask my hubby the date on it but ive heard it does not matter if its expired cos the case was approved on that .....

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:35 pm

hello again,

I have just had a call from home office and was asked lots of questions. I was very nervous, and still shaking.

Please everyone keep me in you duas, the person questioning me seemed very abrupt.

May Allah help me in the hard time.

Thanks

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:15 pm

Saira143 wrote:hello again,

I have just had a call from home office and was asked lots of questions. I was very nervous, and still shaking.

Please everyone keep me in you duas, the person questioning me seemed very abrupt.

Thanks
Interesting stuff... what were you asked?

QudratullahKader
Afghanistan

Post by QudratullahKader » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi guys

Payment for my visa application has been taken out just two weeks ago from spouse bank account where as I paid it online on 1/10/2015 , it's too strange for me can some one tell me what does it mean?

Thanks

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:36 pm

fielddrive wrote:

Thanks
Well quite a few things, my names and DOB husbands.

date of marriage, how i know him, if it was arranged, why I didn't go to pakistan for 2 years. when the last time i saw my husband, and he questioned me on my jobs how many hours I work, locations how far they are how I get here etc. was a good 10 min convo. But when I asked if I could put him on hold he got a bit wierd.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Saira143 wrote:
fielddrive wrote:

Thanks
Well quite a few things, my names and DOB husbands.

date of marriage, how i know him, if it was arranged, why I didn't go to pakistan for 2 years. when the last time i saw my husband, and he questioned me on my jobs how many hours I work, locations how far they are how I get here etc. was a good 10 min convo. But when I asked if I could put him on hold he got a bit weird.
Interviews usually take place because they doubt the genuineness of the marriage and not having visited your spouse for 2 years would raise concerns.

Interviews are not very common otherwise.

Why didn't you go Pakistan in the two years? When did you marry?
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

sukkh
Newly Registered

Post by sukkh » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:11 pm

frqazi wrote:
sukkh wrote:
frqazi wrote:Salam All,

Does anyone have a rough idea of how long it can take to get processed email after getting update that visa application is in process?

Are there any September applicants who are waiting and have had any updates?
Hi Frqazi,

Hope you are well.

I submitted Application for my wife who is dependent.
Below is the timeline:

Biometric: 30/09/2015
Online Visa Application Acknowledgement: 02/10/2015: Standard email about timeline of application process time i-e 12-weeks and a note about further email once application is assessed and dispatched
Documents posted to Sheffield: 05/10/2015
since then no reply.
Hope all goes well
Regards
Hi Sukhh,

Thanks for the update. Have you requested a status update to see which stage your application is at?
Hi Frqazi,

Hope you are well.

I did not know that I can get the status update in regards to visa application , do you know who do I need to contact under what email?

Thanks
Regards

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:12 pm

Interviews are not very common otherwise.

Why didn't you go Pakistan in the two years? When did you marry?[/quote]

i went through 3 jobs in 2 years, and I was a temp for a long time so i didn't want to risk my jobs. And i got married in dec 2012 and went back feb this year.

Please pray for me

Mrs Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs Shah » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:12 pm

HI. Can anyone help us. we applied for Uk spouse visa back in the year 2014 but was refused on the grounds that my husband didn't submitted his decree absolute n was not aware of the divorce process in uk. unfortunately it took a year n eventually he got his absolute. in the meanwhile we lost our appeal because he failed to submit his decree absolute in time. our nikha happend in 2013, and he got his decree absolute from his first wife in 2015, now the question is we have to apply again but we are confused that whether we should go for our nikha again and again register it in nadra or use the previous one which is a risk. we already registered our previous nikha in nadra. any help will be appreciated.

Qures

Post by Qures » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:53 pm

Mrs Shah wrote:HI. Can anyone help us. we applied for Uk spouse visa back in the year 2014 but was refused on the grounds that my husband didn't submitted his decree absolute n was not aware of the divorce process in uk. unfortunately it took a year n eventually he got his absolute. in the meanwhile we lost our appeal because he failed to submit his decree absolute in time. our nikha happend in 2013, and he got his decree absolute from his first wife in 2015, now the question is we have to apply again but we are confused that whether we should go for our nikha again and again register it in nadra or use the previous one which is a risk. we already registered our previous nikha in nadra. any help will be appreciated.
Don't go for another nikkah cause I got refusal exactly cause of two nikkah namas.
Biometric:21/04/15
Refused:21/07/15
Appeal:14/08/15
Payment taken:27/08/15
Notice:11/09/15
Review deadline: 25/12/15
Hearing Date:05/05/2016
Call letter:31/08/2016
Passport submitted:01/09/2016
Passport collected:09/09/2016

Inshaallah786
Newly Registered

Post by Inshaallah786 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Thanks

@Saira143 I went to see my husband after 3 n half years and got visa so don't worry, when I applied biometric etc I was visiting him at the time, I only went because I thought it might be a objection so don't worry. That was the only visit apart from our Nikaah which was in 2012

frqazi

Post by frqazi » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:55 pm

sukkh wrote: Hi Frqazi,

Hope you are well.

I did not know that I can get the status update in regards to visa application , do you know who do I need to contact under what email?

Thanks
Regards
Hi Sukhh,

Go to - https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/ and follow the steps.

You will need to enter GWF number and applicants DOB. Select the status update option from the drop down list and they should get back to you on the same day.