ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension, IDR and driving offences

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shamino

Visa extension, IDR and driving offences

Post by Shamino » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi there

I am currently extending my tier 2 visa and one of the questions is asking about criminal or unspent conviction offences.

I have driving offences dating back over 8 years (2007 and prior) in Australia, which includes speeding over 30km (includes points deduction and 3 months driving suspension).

I am entering these details in, however, I was wondering whether the UKBA would look upon this unfavourably , even tho this is over eight years ago in Australia? Would it affect my Indefinite Leave to Remain application in the future?

In addition, if I rented a car and accidently drove in the bus lane and got a fine (paid already), would I need to put this in? Rental companies don't seem to keep these records longer than 6 months and the council sends the fines directly to the rental company, not myself.

Looking forward to hearing from you all

Cheers