ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS Appointment Together(Main & dependant) in Bangalor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shom
Newly Registered

VFS Appointment Together(Main & dependant) in Bangalor

Post by shom » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi All,

My husband( UK Tier General(PBS) employer sponsored) and myself as his dependent are applying visa TOGETHER.

Hence, can anyone please help me answering my below queries.

1. Do we need to book 2 separate appointments. If yes can it be scheduled on the same day and time where we can submit our documents together.

2. As we are applying visa together, so are the below docs for dependant suffice
Marriage certificate,my passport, 2xpassport pics as per UK standard,sponsorship letter from employer,my application in hard copy enough

Thanks!

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Re: VFS Appointment Together(Main & dependant) in Bangalor

Post by tier2gen » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi, I am also applying same time with the dependent.
What documents are you providing for maintenance funds for sponsor?
1. COS statement? with Y against maintenance
2.Letter from the sponsor stating they’ll provide one month’s funding for each of your dependants?

I dont have a letter but just the cos maintenance with Y

I have drafted both applications from same login. Will try to get same time appointement but dont know how it goes as i havent confirmed the application yet.

balajis
Newly Registered

Post by balajis » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Hello,

I have just completed my application on 23rd @ VFS, BLR. The following might help.

1) Yes, you will have to book appoinment for each application (same time can be used, we booked appoinment for 3 ppl for the same date and time). There will be multiple application processed at the same counter.

2)Apart from documents listed below, it would be advisable if you can check on the following :-
a) Payment confirmation (IHS and Application). Application payment confirmation will be issued with the appoinment confirmation, but in case you are planing for long stay, you will be required to pay IHS fees and ensure to take print of the mail certifying payment.(you will get 2 mails, print both)
b) 1 photo is enough, 2nd they will take (so its cool)
c) Copies of all original documents
d) I am assuming, you have a certificate of maintaience from the employer, if yes, ensure it is marked as "Y". If not, then bank statements.

Hope this helps

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Post by tier2gen » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:51 pm

Thanks Balajis

I have a COS certificate marked Y . But it doesnt say anything about maintenance for dependent.
Should I show bank statement for dependent or the Y marked cos is enough for the dependent or like some say a letter is required from the sponsor explicitly stating reg dependents.What was your case?

For bank statement I have original pass book and letter from the bank stating minimum balance maintained for 90 days but its on a black and white logo letter head which is stamped and signed by the bank.

shom
Newly Registered

Post by shom » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:54 pm

@tier2gen

For dependent - Letter from the sponsor stating they’ll provide one month’s funding for each of your dependants is what we would be providing.

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Post by tier2gen » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Thanks Shom
Unfortunately I dont have a letter.
But I will show funds for dependent and COS with Y for main applicant.I hope thats fine

shom
Newly Registered

Post by shom » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:06 pm

@balajis

Thank you for the answers in detail. It is very helpful indeed to understand the process from you.

Good to know that you submitted your application and I hope you will hear great news soon!

We are not able to make sure if the below listed docs are enough for submitting.Some of the docs mentioned by you are also a part of our list.

Could you please take little pain to confirm if you had to submit anything extra doc which is not present in the below list for me and my husband.

Please note my husband( UK Tier General(PBS) employer sponsored) and myself (dependent) are applying visa TOGETHER.

Documents for Main Applicant:

1. Visa Application form print out- signed and dated

2. IHS payment confirmation mail - Printout

3. Visa payment receipt – Printout

4. Visa Appointment confirmation mail - Printout

5. Passport - Original

6. 2 colour photograph UK visa size

7. COS - Printout

8. Appendix 5 printout - signed & dated

9. PBS Self-assessment - Printout

10. Maintenance Letter from Employer- Print out

11. TB pre-entry screening certificate - Original

12. B.Tech Certificate ( For English Language requirement) - Original

Documents for Dependent Partner

1. Visa Application form print out- signed and dated

2. IHS payment confirmation mail - Printout

3. Visa payment receipt - Printout

4. Visa Appointment confirmation mail - Printout

5. Passport - Original

6. 2 colour photograph UK visa size

7. Maintenance Letter from Main applicant’s Employer - Print out

8. TB pre-entry screening certificate - Original

9. Marriage Certificate - Original

10. 3 Marriage photographs

11. Marriage Invitation card

Thanks!

balajis
Newly Registered

Post by balajis » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:31 pm

Good to know the list of documents that you are submitting. They are more than enough i say. In my case, i have not even submitted any letter from my sponsor for dependant's funding.

You guys are good with all the documents needed.

All the best!

shom
Newly Registered

Post by shom » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:29 pm

Thank you.

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Post by tier2gen » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:55 am

For main applicant . Do we really need below.

8. Appendix 5 printout - signed & dated =====what is it?

9. PBS Self-assessment - Printout

10. Maintenance Letter from Employer- Print out

===I have only one original sent by sponsor from UK . I want to use it for the dependent. Is it really required for the main applicant with Y in COS against mantenance?
-Please advice as I am submitting docs early next week.

A color xerox or soft copy printout would do?

==For dependent - Spuose name is printed in Passport , stil should I submit marriage card and photographs?

Thanks

Thanks

balajis
Newly Registered

Post by balajis » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:31 am

For the main Applicant
8. Appendix 5 printout - signed & dated =====Yes, Its Mandatory. It contains PBS Calculation, Annual Salary and COS # (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix5.pdf)

9. PBS Self-assessment - Printout should do.
10. Maintenance Letter from Employer- Print out should do.

A copy of each document should do. As per what i have learned, it really required for the main applicant with Y in COS against mantenance. But since you are showing enough bank balance, it should help the against mantenance.

All the best!

balajis
Newly Registered

Post by balajis » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:32 am

For the main Applicant
8. Appendix 5 printout - signed & dated =====Yes, Its Mandatory. It contains PBS Calculation, Annual Salary and COS # (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix5.pdf)

9. PBS Self-assessment - Printout should do.
10. Maintenance Letter from Employer- Print out should do.

A copy of each document should do. As per what i have learned, it really required for the main applicant with Y in COS against mantenance. But since you are showing enough bank balance, it should help the against mantenance.

All the best!

shom
Newly Registered

Post by shom » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:03 am

@Balaji

I need one more info from you.

How early can one get an appointment date for VAC from the day you are booking? Is it days or weeks?

I'm asking this bcoz I'm still waiting for a document from my sponsor. I don't know when they will send it. So haven't booked any appointment. But if the waiting period to get the earliest appointment date is very long then I should book it now.

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Post by tier2gen » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:07 pm

Appendix 5 has same details as on Online form and Guide to supporting document says if online application is not supported then VAF9 and Appendix 5 are required. But it does not say Appendix 5 is required for Online applications.

Can some one else please confirm?

balajis
Newly Registered

Post by balajis » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:30 pm

In Blr, UK applicants easly get appoinments, starting a day after, that means, if you apply today you can secure appoinment for monday (given the fact, sat and sun are not working), and some time next day itself. Apprecite if you book early appoinment, which start at 8 am, you will have less trafic and rest of the day is yours (as the process might take max of 20 mins for both of you)

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Post by tier2gen » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:42 pm

Thanks Balajis,
Is Main applicant and Dependent docs treated as single package at Visa office?
If I show bank statement via pass book for both. I have only one original , hence asking.

Thanks

balajis
Newly Registered

Post by balajis » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Each application will be trated seperately, being said that, you can have one original bank statement on the main applicant name, as the main applicant is taking care of your maintaience. So no wories.

shom
Newly Registered

Post by shom » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:44 pm

@Balajis

Thank you for your response.

I need your help on IHS payment.

Should only the main applicant need to register in NHS site and pay for both himself and the dependent together? (total 2000 GBP)

Or both applicants need to register separately in NHS site during their respective online application process and pay for themselves. (1000 GBP each).

balajis
Newly Registered

Post by balajis » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:53 am

You do not have to worry on this part, to complete the application the site itself will direct you to make the IHS payment (for each application), so unless you make the IHS payment, you will not be able to continue and make your application payment. IHS for each person, per year will be calculated as 200GPB/yr. So, in case you are filing for 5 yrs, each person will be making payment of 1k GPB with each application. Hope this helps.

shom
Newly Registered

Post by shom » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:16 pm

Thank You Balaji. We could submit applications after paying the IHS and visa application fee.

I have some questions for the appointment. can you please help in understanding a few.

1. Will they make photocopies of our original docs and retain only the photocopies with them
2. Do you have any info if we have to provide any cover letter or document checklist.
3. Can we mention our IHS reference number on our applications or would the VFS staff do it.
4. Is the biometric details taken first, then followed by document submission or vice versa.
5. We have taken visa pics but it doesn't seem to fit well in the application form. Can we take the pics at VFS.

shom
Newly Registered

Post by shom » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi Guys,

Its pretty urgent as we have appointment early next week. Please respond.

Thanking you in advance.

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Post by tier2gen » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:18 pm

HI Shom , below is what I have done
1. Will they make photocopies of our original docs and retain only the photocopies with them
at VFS they will collect what ever you give them. Provide all original. I have given all original documents where ever possible without copies.

2. Do you have any info if we have to provide any cover letter or document checklist.
You can make your own table/letter/checklist something that you think wil help to understand your application at a glance. It is not necessary..They did give a form to tick what doc you are providing original and what as copy. I think that was more for a reference to be sure that they have given back everything .
3. Can we mention our IHS reference number on our applications or would the VFS staff do it.
I just gave them the email print that has IHS reference number. They did not write it anywhere.
. If they ask then do it , keep it handy, keep/provide a print of the IHS reference email.
4. Is the biometric details taken first, then followed by document submission or vice versa.
Documents will be collected first. And then biometric
5. We have taken visa pics but it doesn't seem to fit well in the application form. Can we take the pics at VFS
Better to sort it before. I didnt see any photo option at my center. AS long as it is as per their specs it should be fine .45X35.
https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

all the best

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Post by tier2gen » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi balajis, any response on your visa application?

shom
Newly Registered

Post by shom » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:16 pm

Thanks for the response. It was very helpful. We submitted the docs today at vfs.

shom
Newly Registered

Post by shom » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:44 am

We have got our visa.

Thank you for all your help @ balajis and tier2gen