ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport for new born kid

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

devinderkapur
Newly Registered

Indian Passport for new born kid

Post by devinderkapur » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi

I am on tier 2 ICT long term visa valid till May 2018. I arrived in the UK in April 2013 and am currently staying with my wife and one 5 year daughter. They are dependent on my visa. Due to current oil downturn I have to leave the UK by 3rd week of December’15. My wife is pregnant and delivery is due in first week of Dec’15.

I cannot extend the date of leaving in the UK in any circumstances & my employer will forfeit my visa as soon as I leave the land.

I have below queries and need your expert guidance on this matter:
• As soon as Child is born, will I have to get the passport made for the baby inorder to take my family along with me or can the baby’s name be added to Mother’s passport.
• How many days would it take for Indian consulate to process a) New passport b) If option exist of addition of baby’s name in mother passport.
• Does application of child passport require my passport also?
• If the passport processing time is more than 3 weeks & expected date of birth can +/- 7 days, can I travel alone and leave my wife and 2 kids here in the UK and
o By applying child's passport & Once kid passport is received they can fly together.
o As they are dependent on my visa, would it be an issue for them to stay in the UK.

Can somebody please advise me, How Can I travel with my new born baby (Expected in 2nd week of December) and leave the country lawfully before 31st December before expiry of my visa? What are the options for travel documents for my new born child in such a tight time frame of 2 weeks?

I will be thankful for your guidance on the same

Sincerely
Devinder

secret.simon

Re: *URGENT*Indian Passport for new born kid

Post by secret.simon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:46 pm

This is a question for the "Other Countries" forum, not General UK Immigration forum. Can the mods move the thread please?
devinderkapur wrote:• As soon as Child is born, will I have to get the passport made for the baby inorder to take my family along with me or can the baby’s name be added to Mother’s passport.
I believe that since 2002, the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organisation) requires each person (including infants) to have their own passport. So, to leave the country, the infant will require its own passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:27 pm

devinderkapur wrote: my employer will forfeit my visa as soon as I leave the land.
Bull!
Plain fact - All your employer can do is inform HO about termination of your sponsorship. Nothing more! It is then the HOs responsibility to consider whether to curtail leave or not. If they do decide to curtail it can take a 4-6 weeks or more for the letter of curtailment to reach you.

Dependants are not legally allowed to remain the UK if the principal migrant leaves the UK for good.

So, why not delay your departure until you have received your newborn's passport?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

devinderkapur
Newly Registered

Post by devinderkapur » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks for your prompt response.

Can you pl advise , if I apply child's passport in first week then by when should I expect child's and parent passport back from Indian consulate
Can Indian Consulate of Edinburgh issue emergency travel document for the child
Can I submit HO application for my wife to stay (in my absence) because of legitimate reason (in my absence) & medical condition and would they consider any such deviations
Can I transfer my wife visa (in my absence) from tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tourist visa in order to continue her stay till passport is received back.

Once again many thanks in advance,

Sincerely
Dev

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:20 pm

Can I transfer my wife visa (in my absence) from tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tourist visa in order to continue her stay till passport is received back.
You cannot 'switch' or apply for a visit visa within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

devinderkapur
Newly Registered

First Passport of new born baby & Birth Registraion

Post by devinderkapur » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:20 pm

Hi All,

Happy new year to all...

Need your expert guidance.

For a baby born in the UK (parent are Indian passport holder with no ILR), can I apply birth registration and first passport in Indian consulate (VFS) or it has to be done in sequence i.e. first can birth registration and then passport? This query is because baby need passport in shortest duration possible (2 weeks) as has to fly back to India.

Also can you pl help in providing list of documents/ process flow required for passport and birth registration

Appreciate your guidance and support on the same.

Thanks,
Devinder

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:23 pm

No passport without birth registration certificate.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!