ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Extension Required Documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dheeraj1025
United Kingdom

Tier 2 General Extension Required Documents

Post by dheeraj1025 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi,

I am under tier2 General visa and my is in Tier 2 General Partner visa and both living in UK. My visa is going to expire on March 31 2016. So, i need to apply for Tier2 general extension. So my questions are
  • Do i need to show any fund maintenance for me or my wife?
    How early i can apply? can i apply in January?
    Do i need new COS from employer?
    Some threads talked about Employee letter, what is it? Do i need employee letter?

dheeraj1025
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General Extension Required Documents

Post by dheeraj1025 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:31 am

Gurus,

Could you please advise on this?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:34 am

if you are employed by same company with same soc code then do the below
new cos, new application, no funds needed, no rlmt needed,
you can apply whenever u want.. no time restriction on how early u can apply,, u can apply today if u have a cos.

dheeraj1025
United Kingdom

Post by dheeraj1025 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:52 am

iworker wrote:if you are employed by same company with same soc code then do the below
new cos, new application, no funds needed, no rlmt needed,
you can apply whenever u want.. no time restriction on how early u can apply,, u can apply today if u have a cos.
Thanks for the reply.
Yes i am under same employee and same SOC code.

What about dependent(My wife) Does she dont need funds? She is is on tier 2 partner visa and livng with me in UK.

Regards
DP

prince99
Mood:
India

Post by prince99 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:58 am

There is a clause that says "you cannot apply no more than three months before the start date".

one of the guys in the forum had applied 3 months before and got visa rejected.

Check the Guidance and aslo with sponsor
Appendix-A of immigration rules:
77C. A Certificate of Sponsorship reference number will only be considered to be valid if:
(a) the number supplied links to a Certificate of Sponsorship Checking Service entry that names the applicant as the migrant and confirms that the Sponsor is Sponsoring him as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant,
(b) the Sponsor assigned that reference number to the migrant no more than 3 months after the Sponsor was allocated the Certificate of Sponsorship, if the Certificate of Sponsorship was allocated to the Sponsor under the Tier 2 (General) limit,
(c) the Sponsor assigned that reference number to the migrant no more than 3 months before the application for entry clearance or leave to remain is made,
(d) the application for entry clearance or leave to remain is made no more than 3 months before the start of the employment as stated on the Certificate of Sponsorship,

dheeraj1025
United Kingdom

Post by dheeraj1025 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:29 am

prince99 wrote:There is a clause that says "you cannot apply no more than three months before the start date".

one of the guys in the forum had applied 3 months before and got visa rejected.

Check the Guidance and aslo with sponsor
Appendix-A of immigration rules:
77C. A Certificate of Sponsorship reference number will only be considered to be valid if:
(a) the number supplied links to a Certificate of Sponsorship Checking Service entry that names the applicant as the migrant and confirms that the Sponsor is Sponsoring him as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant,
(b) the Sponsor assigned that reference number to the migrant no more than 3 months after the Sponsor was allocated the Certificate of Sponsorship, if the Certificate of Sponsorship was allocated to the Sponsor under the Tier 2 (General) limit,
(c) the Sponsor assigned that reference number to the migrant no more than 3 months before the application for entry clearance or leave to remain is made,
(d) the application for entry clearance or leave to remain is made no more than 3 months before the start of the employment as stated on the Certificate of Sponsorship,

Thanks Prince99 thats very helpful. I will plan to apply in end of January then.

Could you answer my 1st question? Do my wife dependent who is living UK on Tier2 Partner Visa need any funds to be showed for extension?

Regards
DP

prince99
Mood:
India

Post by prince99 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:33 am

ur welcome.
usually no funds required as this is an extension to current leave to remain.

After completing the online application, the cover sheet will tell you the mandatory documents to be posted to UKVI.

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:37 pm

1. No you don’t need any funds to be shown for extension if applying together, If your wife applies alone after getting your approval then she must show £630 for 3 months I think. So it’s better to apply to together.
2. You can apply anytime, but make sure you apply close by time of current visa expiry date. Cause if you apply in Jan you might get extension up to 3 years from date of your application. i.e. until Jan 2019.
3. Yes you need a new COS assigned by your employer, ask for a copy of COS and keep it in for your record.
4. It’s good to have Employer letter stating your job title, SOC Code, current salary, cos number and employment start date and you current BRP number. They usually take this as a proof for dependant application, because your partner would be applying under same category as yours (T2G or T2G shortage occupation list). But it’s not mandatory though

dheeraj1025
United Kingdom

Post by dheeraj1025 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Rambo_ILR wrote:1. No you don’t need any funds to be shown for extension if applying together, If your wife applies alone after getting your approval then she must show £630 for 3 months I think. So it’s better to apply to together.
2. You can apply anytime, but make sure you apply close by time of current visa expiry date. Cause if you apply in Jan you might get extension up to 3 years from date of your application. i.e. until Jan 2019.
3. Yes you need a new COS assigned by your employer, ask for a copy of COS and keep it in for your record.
4. It’s good to have Employer letter stating your job title, SOC Code, current salary, cos number and employment start date and you current BRP number. They usually take this as a proof for dependant application, because your partner would be applying under same category as yours (T2G or T2G shortage occupation list). But it’s not mandatory though

Hi Rambo_ILR,

Thanks for clear explanation.
Regarding Point 1:

I found below line in UKBA document: (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-15.pdf)

61. For example, where the Tier 2 Migrant is submitting an application because they are changing
employment within Tier 2, neither the Tier 2 Migrant nor any family member is required to submit
evidence that they meet the maintenance requirement.

This talks about changing employment, but there is nothing mentioned about extension in any document.

I have contacted a lawyer and he insisted that we need funds to be shown? Dont know what to do?

Is this mentioned any where in the UKBA document?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards
DP

massdav
Newly Registered

Post by massdav » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:16 pm

We applied for tier 2 general visa in India (Delhi) and below questions were asked during our interview

- how many people work for the company
- how did you apply for your initial job
- tell me details of the labor test
- does your company director like the work you do
- and whether they expecting you back

got rejected because told that the company is trying to bring me back , so they were not happy and thought the labor test was done name sake. also the entry clearance officer was like you are still in continuous employment with the company, so they are desperate to bring you back