ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) or PBS Dep - plus Financial Requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haqhash

FLR (M) or PBS Dep - plus Financial Requirements

Post by haqhash » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:56 am

Dear Members,
I need to apply for FLR (M) visa for my wife. what is the financial earning i need to show?
We have uk born baby girl as well

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: FLR (M) Financial Requirements

Post by Wanderer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:33 pm

haqhash wrote:Dear Members,
I need to apply for FLR (M) visa for my wife. what is the financial earning i need to show?
We have uk born baby girl as well

Thanks
£18,600 pa for six months, or savings of £62,500 or a combination of both subject to a weird formula that I can never remember.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:41 pm

Dear Wanderer,
Many Thanks for your reply.

so even with baby we need 18600?

Secondly how much is required in case of self employment?

Thanks

haqhash

FLR OR PBS Dependent

Post by haqhash » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:49 pm

Dear Members,
I shall be very thankful if you please clear my confusion. I am on Tier 1 General and will be applying for ILR in January. I have following question

1) After my ILR which category my wife needs to apply in. FLR (M) OR PBS Dependent?

2) If this is PBS dependent , then what is the financial requirement and duration?

Many Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:50 pm

haqhash wrote:Dear Wanderer,
Many Thanks for your reply.

so even with baby we need 18600?

Secondly how much is required in case of self employment?

Thanks
If baby is British yes, if not - it's more...

SE you need same amount namely gross income less expenses, and 12 months accounts.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR OR PBS Dependent

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:52 pm

Is your wife currently in the UK on PBS Dependent visa? If yes, how long has she been here (start and end dates of visa)?
haqhash wrote:Dear Members,
I shall be very thankful if you please clear my confusion. I am on Tier 1 General and will be applying for ILR in January. I have following question

1) After my ILR which category my wife needs to apply in. FLR (M) OR PBS Dependent?

2) If this is PBS dependent , then what is the financial requirement and duration?

Many Thanks
Please don't start a new thread with each question you have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:10 pm

Hi CR001,
She arrived in UK in March 2012 as Tier 1 General dependent. Her current visa is from April 2013 to April 2016.

Also i have just read following in PBS guidance notes

"You can apply as a PBS Dependant •the spouse or partner of a person with indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship who last held leave in Tier 1, 2, or 5 of the Points Based System and you do not yet qualify for indefinite leave to remain"

Also i think in this case her clock will not go to zero ? is it true?

I think your answer will be really helpful for a lot of people.

Sorry i will only post in this thread

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) or PBS Dep - plus Financial Requirements

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:48 pm

If she came to UK in March 2012 why is she not applying for ILR with you?

If she does not, for whatever reason you have not said, qualify for ILR, she can continue to extend PBS Dependent visa but how long she needs to wait depends on where she is applying from and her immigration history.

For anyone to offer you any advice, you should state the full circumstances to avoid the back and forth single line questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:35 am

Hi Char,
Thanks for your reply and apologies for not providing full information.

I will be applying ILR on 10 year basis. I will not be applying on 5 years Tier 1 base.

Secondly we may not be able to meet financial requirements if she applies with me at the same time for ILR or if she applies with me for FLR (M). Specially FLR (M) has threshold of 22400 for us to show as we have a child who is not British. We are not in a position to meet this requirement. This is also a reason i choose long residency to get my ILR.

Therefore PBS dependent may be the safest way to go forward and then later when we are in a position to meet financial requirements then we can switch her to ILR.

She will be applying with in the UK. She got Tier 1 dependent visa in Feb 2012 and came to UK in March 2012. Then again we got our Tier 1 extended in April 2013 which expires in April 2016

Also getting PBS dependent visa shall not stop her clock to zero.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Unfortunately, if you are applying for ILR on 10 year basis, then she cannot apply for further or indefinite leave to remain as a PBS dependant.

She may switch to FLR(M), as previously advised, but her qualifying period for SET(M) will be reset.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:20 pm

However, after you are granted ILR, then your UK-born child will be entitled to register for British citizenship directly.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:11 pm

Dear Vinny,
Many Thanks for your advice. Sorry i was confused with PBS dependent guidance notes which was quoted in this thread.

So it seems that she has option only to go for FLR (M) after my ILR. Now there is another confusion about the financial requirement.

If i register my child for naturalization soon after my ILR and then apply for my wife's FLR(M) , in this case will the financial requirement be 18600 or 21400?

Thanks

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:13 pm

Sorry i meant 18600 or 22400?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:17 pm

For as long as your child remains a non national, the threshold will be 22,400.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:19 pm

CR001 gave the best option.
CR001 wrote:My advice would be to apply for ILR based on your Tier 1 with 5 years residence for both of you together next year.
Is this not possible?

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Dear Vinny,
This is possible but two concerns in this case

1) Any earnings requirements for 5 year ILR application?

2) Secondly we will be eligible for 5 years ILR in March 2016 and in case of any problems , we will not have enough time for other option as our visas finish in April 2016

Long residence ILR may be good in following 2 ways

1) No earnings requirement
2) We can apply in January and in case of any issue , we will have plenty of time to think about any other option

Thanks

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:13 pm

Dear Senior member , any suggestions on above please

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Obie wrote:For as long as your child remains a non national, the threshold will be 22,400.
Hi Obie,
If my wife uses her own earnings and applies for FLR (M) separately [exclude myself and child], then still she will need 22400 or 18600?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:46 pm

Joint income or her income alone can be used but if your child is not British, it will still be £22,400pa that needs to be met.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Dear CR001,
If we both apply at same time for ILR on basis of Tier 1 general 5 years visa , do we need any income threshold? Secondly does my wife need A1?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:30 pm

You need to meet the requirements of your visa to apply for ILR based on Tier 1 with your wife as dependent. I am not sure what the maintenance requirements, if any, you need for Tier 1 to ILR. I would suggest you look at the Set(O) form and guidance.

For ILR, your wife will need level B1 English from one of the approved test providers.

She needs English Level A1 if she applies for FLR(M) from one of the approved test providers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:44 pm

Life in the UK test also required for ILR
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:52 pm

vinny wrote:Unfortunately, if you are applying for ILR on 10 year basis, then she cannot apply for further or indefinite leave to remain as a PBS dependant.

She may switch to FLR(M), as previously advised, but her qualifying period for SET(M) will be reset.

Dear Vinny,
The link below just says if main applicant has ILR and previously had leave under Tier 1 then one can apply as PBS dependant

Please advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:57 pm

haqhash wrote:
vinny wrote:Unfortunately, if you are applying for ILR on 10 year basis, then she cannot apply for further or indefinite leave to remain as a PBS dependant.

Dear Vinny,
The link below just says if main applicant has ILR and previously had leave under Tier 1 then one can apply as PBS dependant

Please advice
ONLY if you apply for ILR based on Tier 1. If you apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence, your spouse has no other option except to apply for FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:30 am

Hi Char ,
Thanks a lot for your best support and advice in this matter.

In case of Salary from private limited company , the income threshold 18600/22400 remains the same or any changes ?

Secondly do we need to submit any of company tax returns or any docs about the company?

If we decide to join our salaries , does that mean adding both of our salaries for six months prior to the date of application?

Thanks