ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh For Extended/Other Family Member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malik0543

Surinder Singh For Extended/Other Family Member

Post by malik0543 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:10 am

Hi

I want to know can an extended family member of British National who were exercising treaty right in an other member of state e.g Ireland , can apply for EEA 2 under Surinder Singh Route ?

i mean i am British national working in Ireland, my brother is financially dependent and living with me in Ireland for more then year now, what if i come back to UK with my brother, can i apply EEA2 application under Surinder Singht Route ?

i will appreciate if some one applied and share his experience.

Thanks
Malik

Obie
Ireland

Re: Surinder Singh For Extended/Other Family Member

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:23 am

The quickest answer is no, the regulation in the UK does not provide for Extended Family member to qualify for residence card.

However there has been some development, and out of court settlement. It helps if the Extended family member has residence card from the other state, then a strong argument can be made, that the condition of residence in UK should be similar to the one he/she enjoyed with you in the other memberstate.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:20 am

HI

Thanks Obie for reply,

Does any one have experience to Apply for Eu residence Card under Surinder Singh route ?

i have never seen any one who got under this route for extended family members / other family member.

Please share some experience.

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi everyone

Just wondering if any one applied EEA Extended Family Member in UK under Surinder Singh Route ?

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:54 pm

Any one succeed in Surinder Singh route fro Extended or other family member ?
e.g. siblings etc