ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General application queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General application queries

Post by tier2gen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:22 pm

Guys please help reg below queries for Tier 2 Gen application.

MAIN APPLICANT
1.Against
." Is the job on the Agency's list of shortage occupations at the time the CoS was issued?"
-Sponsor has done resident labot test and has provided CoS. So does that mean this field should be a no?
-I am not filing against Tier 2 shortage occupation list but Tier 2 General.

2.Against
"What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?"
I dont have any resident or hotel details as of now now? What can be done?
Can I give sponsors address here ?

DEPENDENT - Applying same time , Accompanying
1.Against
"Which area of the maintenance requirement are you applying under?"
Sponsor has certified maintenance in the COS.
SO should I select Own/Main applicant funds for this question?
Does sponsor providing maintenance funds for main applicant cover dependent also? or it is something sponsor should explicitly state?

Documents
-our passports have each others name in spouse filed. In that case do I have to give Marriage certificate and photos also ?

Thanks in Advance

eefa05
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Online application queries

Post by eefa05 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:40 pm

1. If it is not on the shortage list, then answer is NO
2. Not sure, but way back when I did my tier 5 yms and I was coming in the country for the very first time, I put in the employer I was working for address and had no issues
3. If your sponsor has confirmed maintenance for you than to my knowledge for a dependent you can also check yes and support with an accompanying letter from the company stating they wills support your dependent, but if they have not (and this is a box checked on the COS) then you have to prove the money has been in your/their account for 90 days and provide the bank statements.

Read the specifics as on the tier 2 general visa website.
You must show that your dependants can be supported while they’re in the UK.
Each dependant must have £630 available to them whether they apply with you or separately. This is in addition to the £945 you must have to support yourself.
You must have proof you have the money, and that it’s been in your bank account or your dependant’s bank account for at least 90 days before you or they apply.
Example
You must have £2,205 if you want to bring your partner and one child with you to the UK (£945 to support yourself plus £630 for your partner and £630 for your child).
You won’t need evidence of your savings if you have a letter from your fully approved (‘A-rated’) sponsor saying they’ll provide one month’s funding of at least £630 for each of your dependants.

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Change of Appointment

Post by tier2gen » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:36 am

Guys, Can we change the appointment timings once confimred ,and IHS and application payment has been done?

Thanks

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Re: Change of Appointment

Post by tier2gen » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:55 am

Guys, anyone has done this? i. e changed appointment after payment?

Also , has anyone not submitted Appendix 5 and application was successful in case of online submission?

TIA

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Application docs checklist

Post by tier2gen » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:21 pm

Guys I am submitting below docs for Tier 2 Gen appl . Please let me know if this is sufficient. Thanks

Main Applicant
1.Online Application printout
2.Appointment conf. print + IHS reference and payment conf print + Visa Application payment conf print.
3.Passport + 2 photographs
4.Original degree + UK NARIC English Language and Deg of comparability cert
5.COS printout with Y against maintenance
6.Offer of employment from Sponsor
7.TB certificate
8.Additionally providing letter from bank stating funds available.

-not providing sep letter from sponsor for funds for main applicant as Y against maintanance. Is that fine?

Dependent
1.Online Application printout
2.Appointment conf. print + IHS reference and payment conf print + Visa Application payment conf print.
3.Passport + 2 photographs
4.Marriage cert original + Marriage card + 2 Marriage photos
5.Maintenance letter from Sponsor stating support for dependent
6.TB certificate
7.Copy of Main Applicant passport ( not sure if needed , still enclosing)
8.OWN bank passbook + letter from bank stating funds availabe( not needed but still enclosing)

Should I add main applicant COS printout in dependent also?

Havent enclosed the Appendix 5 and PBS calculator output. Has anyone submitted Appendix 5 with online application. I heard they dont take it as the details are same as in online application.

Thanks in advance.

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Online application queries

Post by tier2gen » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:59 pm

Guys anyone?

Thanks

tier2gen
Newly Registered

Tier 2 GENERAL interview queries

Post by tier2gen » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:00 am

Guys I have to attend an interview for Tier 2 Gen visa in person. Can someone please advice on

1. What questions they ask? and Dos and Donts.
2.Duration of interview
3.How long does it take after the interview to make a decision?
4.they have asked to bring photo id and application receipt , should carry any other documents other than this?

Thanks in advance.

eefa05
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General application queries

Post by eefa05 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:02 pm

Sorry I have not had to attend one or read of anyone who has. Perhaps some more information and people will be able to help you. Are you switching into this category or brand new? Did you already submit your documents and submit your biometrics?
I have heard of people being called or asked to submit more information through an email, usually because if your application is complicated and they want to confirm information like is your job valid etc.