ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality payment problem

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ishameeque

Nationality payment problem

Post by ishameeque » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:22 pm

Hello
I gave my credit card number for at NCS for British nationality payment. But, my card is lost and I had to cancel the card and the payment has not gone through yet. How do I make the payment now?. Will this create problems with rejection of my application?. Thanks for advice.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:28 pm

If they try to debit the card and can't, they will send all your documents back without considering your application. If you are not under time pressure, you can just send them again with your new card details. If you want to try to get this payment done, maybe you can call them and provide your debit card or new credit card details instead?

Also, when you cancel your card you can tell the bank there are pending transactions that should be authorised, so they will cancel the card but let that transaction through. But might be too late for that in your case.

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:42 am

Hello
An update on this. I called up the home office yesterday. Nowadays they do not accept payment over the phone and it has to be sent by post only. But, they will not send the application back unprocessed. Instead, they will just send a letter along with payment form, stating that the payment has not gone through and ask to make an alternative payment using another credit/debit card or cheque. This can then be sent along with the copy of the letter and the application will continue to get processed. I am now waiting for the letter to come through.