ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply visa for wife and child -- in or out the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

helloworld
Newly Registered

Apply visa for wife and child -- in or out the UK

Post by helloworld » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:56 pm

Hello there,

Here is my situation:

I've just got my ILR this month (Jan 2011). I am now planning to apply spouse visa for my wife and one year old daughter.

When my wife was in the UK, she got PSW visa nearly 2 years ago, which starts from 18 Feb 2009 to 18 Feb 2011. However, she went back to home country on Sep 2009 after 3 month pregnant. The baby was born in Feb 2010 outside the UK. We didn't apply visa for the baby because I wanted her to grow a bit old. So, My wife was looking after her all the time at home country.

On 3rd Dec 2010, My wife came back to the UK alone with PSW (which expires 18th Feb 2011) to spend Christmas with me, and she is with me now in the UK. My parents are now temporarily looking after the baby.

My question are:

1. Is it OK to apply FLR(M) for my wife while she is here, and then she will go back to home country to apply for visa for the baby and bring her to the UK? Or She has to return home and apply from there with the baby together?

2. If my wife can apply her FLR(M) here, what visa we can apply for the baby outside UK?

Thank you for your time.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Apply visa for wife and child -- in or out the UK

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:12 pm

helloworld wrote:1. Is it OK to apply FLR(M) for my wife while she is here, and then she will go back to home country to apply for visa for the baby and bring her to the UK?
Yes.
helloworld wrote:2. If my wife can apply her FLR(M) here, what visa we can apply for the baby outside UK?
settlement visa.

regards

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:33 am

sushdmehta wrote:
helloworld wrote:1. Is it OK to apply FLR(M) for my wife while she is here, and then she will go back to home country to apply for visa for the baby and bring her to the UK?
Yes.
helloworld wrote:2. If my wife can apply her FLR(M) here, what visa we can apply for the baby outside UK?
settlement visa.

regards
what kind of settlement visa? can the child directly apply for ILR?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:06 pm

This thread is four years old and the rules have changed significantly since then. Please start a new thread.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.