ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

partner evidence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tvb1976
Newly Registered

partner evidence

Post by tvb1976 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:55 am

Hi,
I got married 18months back. I have only marriage certificate as proper evidence. I use to move frequently and there is no proper evidences for long staying. Right now I am in different country with my family. I would like to request your suggestion for my case. What are the evidences I can produce for supporting my wife. This month I opened joint account. None of the evidence are 2years old. So please advice me.

Thanks,
veeru

silent
Newly Registered

Post by silent » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:09 pm

Please confirm it...weather you and your partner need evidance for living together for over 2 years or not??
I saw 2 years restrictions for un-married partners...

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:18 pm

The requirement to provide evidence of the subsistence of a relationship over two years applies to both spouses and unmarried partners.

tvb1976
Newly Registered

Post by tvb1976 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:39 pm

hi Kayalami,
Please advice me. Give me some information considering my situation.What should I do?

Thanks,
veeru

Yasir
Newly Registered

Please help me out

Post by Yasir » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:47 pm

Hi Dears
I was married in Nov 2002 its still few months left to complete the duration of 2 years but unfortunately i cannt wait bcz at that time my age will be over for under 28 category. Can somone help me out that is it necessary to have two years of marriage to score points.
Now my point which i ve calculated are as these:
1. Age 5 Points
Qualifications 15
Work experience 50

As for as my work experience is concerned I am an Agriculture Graduate and have worked in marketing of Agricultural products 2 years as Technical sales Officer and 2 years and 1 mokth as an Area Sales Manager I am the head of the team in the area alloted to me by the company. Can i calculate my points 50 as experience at a senior level.
That is a sales and marketting job.DO u ppl think that if i couldn't get a job relating Agriculture Marketing in UK can I submit the advertisements of other marketting jobs in uk like as marketing of consumer goods etc. i ve also got a MBA degree in Marketing from a private institution( NOT RECOGNISED) and ve done some courses like communication skills and sales and i feel myself confident that i can do any kind of marketing/sales job.
At this I got 70 points without claiming any point for spouse but i m afraid that if i dont get 50 points then may be i ll not qualify thats y i am worried
PLease someone tell me that is this necessary that one should ve married atleast 2 years ago or not. can i claim points for 1 year and 5 months marriage. Please tell me how can I get a proof of living togather if we are married just 1.5 years ago. If I wait for completion of two years then my age will be over 28.Please let me know as soon as possible bcz i wanna submit my application as soon as I get a +ve respose from u friends.
Yours Truly

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:37 am

Yasir,

The requirement to provide evidence of the subsistence of a relationship over two years applies to both spouses and unmarried partners. By default this means your marriage must be of two or more years duration which you fail by a few months. The HSMP Team is part of the Home Office which has discretionary powers and may decide to consider 1 yr 5 mths in your case if the relevant documentation covering that period is available. IMHO they are unlikely to exercise any discretion because it sets a precedent and there are no particularly compelling grounds as would be if you were say the spouse of a British Citizen or UK Permanent Resident where discretion is often exercised. If they accept you today then someone else will come along tomorrow and say well I have only got 1 year which is not far from the 1 yr 5 mths you accepted for person 'x'.

On the positive side it is IMHO likely that you will get approval based on the work experience at senior level you appear to have. Make sure it is well documented in the employers letter in terms of responsibilities including that of managing 'y' number of staff and the tasks such requires.

Good Luck