ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMRC Penalty Cancelled - Declare or Not

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aquapal
Newly Registered

HMRC Penalty Cancelled - Declare or Not

Post by aquapal » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Queries77
Did you finally declare the penalty in your application?,
I am in similar situation but my penalty was cancelled when I called hmrc, it was error on their part. Don't know if I need to mention this in the naturalization application.
Seniors pls advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HMRC Penalty Cancelled - Declare or Not

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:16 pm

I have moved your post to its own thread as you had posted your question in a thread that was more than 2 years old. The good character and checks requirements have changed in December 2014 and were not as strict or stringent in 2013 where you posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:06 pm

aquapal wrote:Queries77
Did you finally declare the penalty in your application?,
I am in similar situation but my penalty was cancelled when I called hmrc, it was error on their part. Don't know if I need to mention this in the naturalization application.
Seniors pls advice.

I had similar situation.. they fined me for not filing accounts after 3 years of closure of self-employment and when I called them, they simply said its ok... they also sent me a letter
I didn't declared it.
I wouldn't recommend mentioning it, because it might confuse the case worker... if the HMRC simply withdrew the penalty, then there is no issue

aquapal
Newly Registered

Post by aquapal » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:44 am

thanks Sanju
I have never been self employed but was advised to file SA as I started on Tier 2 ICT initially, but all my tax /NI was deducted as PAYE. After few years when I asked HMRC that I may not be eligible for SA they said yes but still sent this penalty message by error. WHen I called HMRC they said it was error and cancelled it.
I am just worried as to what to do with this error.

Can I ask WHen did you apply for naturalisation ?

gillacious_505

Post by gillacious_505 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:08 pm

Personally I think you are fine. If any penalty is cancelled, it is cancelled for a reason. The same applies to any civil or financial agency. The main thing to remember is you shouldn't have any dispute pending at any civil or government institution during the time of your application as this might confuse the caseworker and cause unforeseen delays.

aquapal
Newly Registered

Post by aquapal » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:20 pm

Thanks Gillacious,
I do not have any other disputes with any such organisation. Tax affairs are also all in order.
The confusion was what to do with this error in the naturalisation application - declare it or not? even though it was cancelled by HMRC. Will home office see it as deception during its HMRC checks if I don't mention it?

gillacious_505

Post by gillacious_505 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:09 am

aquapal wrote:Thanks Gillacious,
I do not have any other disputes with any such organisation. Tax affairs are also all in order.
The confusion was what to do with this error in the naturalisation application - declare it or not? even though it was cancelled by HMRC. Will home office see it as deception during its HMRC checks if I don't mention it?
Don't think so.